Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Also, Eli Carter is still considering staying in Gainesville

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That is interesting news about Carter. Makes one wonder if he just didn't see eye to eye with Billy D.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n223747 said:
Good post Jand3k. If Thibodeau gets the ax from Chicago and Hoiberg takes over, perhaps Pelphrey or Grant would consider the Iowa State job? But, you're right. Billy will want guys he trusts.

Any definitive news on Allen anyone?

I don't see Iowa State taking a coach who just got canned. Grant will have to be an assistant for a few years to get a big conference head coaching gig again I think.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Jand3k;n223732 said:
I said all along I think BD takes Pelphrey and Grant.

It just makes sense to bring with you the guys that helped you get there.

It's a reward of sorts but also, I think BD truly trusts these guys and he's in a new world now. Having trustworthy people around you just makes sense.

That's good news. But would either of them have gone with Billy to OKC and Tornado country if they were offered the head coaching job at Florida? I don't think so.

As for White I am hoping for the best. But his experience is small time for sure as is his recruiting. He seems like a great guy and I hope he makes it big in Gainesville. But Florida may be too big a jump from Louisiana Tech. Foley is really rolling the dice with hiring Mac and White with his 2 high profile Gator sports. I have more confidence with Mac because he was under Saban at Alabama. But both hires were underwheleming considering who and what the Florida Gators are. Good luck to both I hope they do great.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n224142 said:
That's good news. But would either of them have gone with Billy to OKC and Tornado country if they were offered the head coaching job at Florida? I don't think so.

As for White I am hoping for the best. But his experience is small time for sure as is his recruiting. He seems like a great guy and I hope he makes it big in Gainesville. But Florida may be too big a jump from Louisiana Tech. Foley is really rolling the dice with hiring Mac and White with his 2 high profile Gator sports. I have more confidence with Mac because he was under Saban at Alabama. But both hires were underwheleming considering who and what the Florida Gators are. Good luck to both I hope they do great.

best we could get!

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
The problem with the new staff re: recruiting is that they weren't even a factor going after the elite players given the school they repped. The new staff has no relationships with the big boys. He may be great in the long-term but it's going to take him to show some results to get the ear of the elite players.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n223993 said:
That is interesting news about Carter. Makes one wonder if he just didn't see eye to eye with Billy D.

Interesting indeed.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN Florida signee KeVaughn Allen has informed the new staff that he will stick with the Gators, sources told ESPN. HUGE news for Mike White.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n224652 said:
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN Florida signee KeVaughn Allen has informed the new staff that he will stick with the Gators, sources told ESPN. HUGE news for Mike White.

:chomp:

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n224652 said:

:bananadance:

Thanks for posting I was just looking for any news. I am a happy man and don't feel as bad for losing Dickerson. We'll see if this influences Carter's decision.

FYI. White gave Dickerson a release without any conditions. I sense we'll see him competing against the Gators unfortunately.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How huge? Can you quantify it please?

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
NVGator;n224657 said:
How huge? Can you quantify it please?

A 4-star shooting guard who can shoot, slash, play D. He's strong, got a motor, and decent size at 6'3 about 180 pounds. Plus he adds depth to a position of need.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
So our projected depth chart:

PG:Hill, Chiozza
SG- Francis, Allen
SF- Robinson, Walker/Stone
PF- Doe Doe, Murphy
C- Egbunu, Rimmer/Hayes

NCAA?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt