What is it about TENNESSEE?

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n31206 said:
Everything's pretty much already been touched on by others. The bottom line is, UT was an important game when they were our first SEC game of the year, and UT was actually relevant in the national picture. These days, not so much.

I understand Alvin yearns for the days of old when UT was a team that mattered. It's a shame he just can't accept the fact that when UT fired Fat Phil, the decline of the UT program was at hand. After 3 new head coaches UT has not been able to climb back into the national picture. Hell, they couldn't even beat a 4-8 UF last year. You think our posters are full of doom and gloom, poor UT has sunk to UF's pre-SOS days of "wait till next year!" Now all Alvin has left is to troll rivals' boards looking for some sympathy.

Not even close to historical facts. Phillip Fulmer accumulated one of the most successful won/lost records in the history of the NCAA eventually being the creator and Field Marshall of the 98 undefeated National Champions, a feat that will never be duplicated by the University of Florida. His folly was drying desperately to duplicate this achievement of that college football Holy Grail.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n31225 said:
Not even close to historical facts. Phillip Fulmer accumulated one of the most successful won/lost records in the history of the NCAA

Actually being 2-7 against Spurrier is similar to a number of win/loss records in the NCAA from 1990-2001. It's slightly better than Kentucky, but not by much.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll admit Fulmer had a pretty good run. But he had a decade long slow career death that turned the buttchuggers into an SEC botton dweller.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I appreciate UT winning the title in 1998 and beating our biggest rival.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I"ll give you my theory of the irrepressible enmity Florida fans have for Tennessee. When we're winning and on top Vol fans are the most out of control insufferably obnoxious and irritating fans in college football. When we pop off to the media, radio and television,while on a winning streak we make some of the outrageous stupid and off the wall comments ever heard by mankind. Our warlike words of victory and fame should be recorded for posterity.

In other words, jort people, there ain't never been no kind of fans like UT fans when victory smiles in Tennessee.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n31284 said:
In other words, jort people, there ain't never been no kind of fans like UT fans when victory smiles in Tennessee.
Thank God it doesn't happen very often.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes...The Tennessee Vols strike fear in all of us.
tennessee-bj-10-20-121.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Imagining the good times he is going to have with his cousins later that night.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n31284 said:
I"ll give you my theory of the irrepressible enmity Florida fans have for Tennessee. When we're winning and on top Vol fans are the most out of control insufferably obnoxious and irritating fans in college football. When we pop off to the media, radio and television,while on a winning streak we make some of the outrageous stupid and off the wall comments ever heard by mankind. Our warlike words of victory and fame should be recorded for posterity.

So, what's your excuse? UT isn't winning now...

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J said:
Alvin York;n30842 said:
Sometimes I get the feeling the Gators fans inordinately relish beating the University of Tennessee. No, you don't get just off defeating the Volunteers you live for push our faces in the sand.

What's the origin of this vitriolic ardor? Florida and Tennessee are not even contiguous states. We are far from traditional rivals like Noles and Dawgs. Yet the prospect of Tennessee achieving old parity and winning this year in Neyland strikes terror and extreme hostility in he heart of the average Florida fan. If Muschamp blows this game in Neyland he's a dead man walking. You know it. I know it.

Are you envious of our rich storied exploits and famous individuals honeycombed throughout American history? You have no Elvis, Fed Ex, Alvin York, Al Gore, Beale Street, Andy Jackson, Andrew Johnson, Grand Ole Opry, Lookout Mountain, Peyton Manning, Great Smokey Mountains, Junior n Lulu - the list is endless? Perhaps you are jealous of our legendary metropolitan centers of culture like Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Nashville?

You retort with hillbillies and incest. There are no hillbillies in Memphis or West Tennessee. We're over 100 miles closer to St. Louis than Knoxville. Nashville and middle Tennessee are hybrids of West and East Tennessee. No real hillbillies there. I've got some historical revelations for you, Incest went out with the Egyptian Pharaohs. Dental health and hygiene is better in east Tenseness than the panhandle of Florida.

So what is it about Tennessee? I prefer scholarly theories to your old school UT insults and ball breaking. Try to keep this discussion at a higher plane.

Andrew Johnson?? One of two presidents to ever get impeached. You take pride in that?

BTW, Lets go PEAY!
And Al Gore?

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[h=1]What is it about TENNESSEE?[/h]
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath said:
I agree with the probation comment, and Rog's comment about the Peyton era. In reality UT, shouldn't matter to us any more than UK or Vandy, but during the '90s, Danny beating Manning (and all of the hype around him) and SOS owning Fat Phil ratcheted things up. Add to that the "real season" started for us with UT and that that game typically decided the East and it was usually among the first "must-see", nationally televised games of the year. This has not the case for a long time, and for me personally, UT no longer approaches for enmity the Humpers or Clowns. I want to and expect we will pound them into the turf of either BHG or Neyland each year, but I don't circle that one on the calendar anymore. Well, not as much as I used to....

I do agree with those that say the deck is stacked against UT's return to prominence. While occasional good seasons are possible, I think the recruiting landscape and cutthroat culture of the conference put them at a big disadvantage, especially with A&M and Mizzou in the conference adding to the competition for southern 4* and 5* recruits. UT simply cannot stock their roster and compete solely with Tennessee recruits, where they'd presumably have some advantage. And, I'm not sold that Butch Jones is an HC to rebuild a program in the SEC.

You may want become accustomed to 7-5 seasons, Alvie....
Great post and as far a Butch Jones, I was watching Tebow's last stand (Sugar Bown) and he was on talking about how he was going to improve Cincy. I don't recall him getting it done and I doubt that he will be successful at UT either.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
NavetG8r;n31206 said:
Everything's pretty much already been touched on by others. The bottom line is, UT was an important game when they were our first SEC game of the year, and UT was actually relevant in the national picture. These days, not so much.

I understand Alvin yearns for the days of old when UT was a team that mattered. It's a shame he just can't accept the fact that when UT fired Fat Phil, the decline of the UT program was at hand. After 3 new head coaches UT has not been able to climb back into the national picture. Hell, they couldn't even beat a 4-8 UF last year. You think our posters are full of doom and gloom, poor UT has sunk to UF's pre-SOS days of "wait till next year!" Now all Alvin has left is to troll rivals' boards looking for some sympathy.

Not even close to historical facts. Phillip Fulmer accumulated one of the most successful won/lost records in the history of the NCAA eventually being the creator and Field Marshall of the 98 undefeated National Champions, a feat that will never be duplicated by the University of Florida. His folly was drying desperately to duplicate this achievement of that college football Holy Grail.
Gee apparently Alvin can't read anymore. The poster indicate that Mr. Fulmer was a much better coach than any of the three who attempted to replace him. He is coming to Jackson and I was tempted to go see him (it is a fund raiser for a local charity). I used to think he was foolish until I saw an article by him explaining how he thought players deserved second chances. Now I personally think that for many issues no second chance is acceptable, but I can accept that others think differently. Phil took way too much flack for his weight in my opinion and I bet he eats something better than the donuts that everyone assumes.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well the couple of fans that I see pictures of I am afraid that they would sit on me. Otherwise UT fans (and I see some of them many times) strike no fear in me. Most are decent people.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n31294 said:
Thank God it doesn't happen very often.

This is true. Victory has been pretty much a stranger this last decade of our proud UT football. What rankles me more than any other Vol behavior is these idiots so hungry for positive vibes they resort to women's basketball smack talk. When I hear them unwind I want to crawl under the nearest rock and hide.

We're about due for paradigm shift in Tennessee football. Let it begin with a hard fought win over our sunshine nemesis, the Florida Gators.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;j8x94osbT7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8x94osbT7Q[/video]

Your choice of your new avatar is interesting. There are certainly long, hard times to come, and I don't just mean what your uncle is going to do to you tonight.

I find country rap to be hilarious.

It definitely fits you, Dork Of course, Raylan is from Kintucky, that would seem to be a problem. He''s supposedly from your current rival. Then again Tinerc is just South Kintucky these days. I guess it make sense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;XxOW_Vj5HXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOW_Vj5HXw[/video]

By now Bytch Jones knows he'll never leave Knoxville alive.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n31380 said:
There are certainly long, hard times to come, and I don't just mean what your uncle is going to do to you tonight.
:lmao:

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
the way he's jerking his left hand I got a feeling it's gonna be his uncle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.