What now? Gator fans told to "temper expectations"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If we finish outside of the top 20 in recruiting that should be a fire-able offense. Part of the multi-million dollar a year job is recruiting.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
What you're seeing now is every team in college football step their collective foot on the throat of the flagship program in the best recruiting state in the country while our administration stands around and watches the program die.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I have also heard that $h!t just hit the fan. Still rumors at the moment, but some of it seems credible.

I had previously predicted we would end with a class nationally ranked between 10th and 14th ... I think we are now going to be lucky to finish in the top 20 and will likely end in the bottom half of the SEC if the information in the rumor mill has any legs to it.

Sorry for the bad news, maybe it proves to be nothing, but my positivity on this matter is dwindling.

Details?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This happens every year...close to nsd we get all these guys committed elsewhere or who haven't been on the radar to take a free visit and "insiders" get all over it and pump up a strong close to sell more subscriptions and then a quiet close and we "miss" on most ands everyone gets pissy. The real problem is our staff is lazy and late to the party, or not savvy enough to put the pressure on and get kids to commit. Leaves us scrambling. Meanwhile bama is full but leads for another 8-9 studs and they'll find room by cutting dead weight. They are ruthless and we are not. It's a play by all the rules environment that is dictated from the top down...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
And here's Mac...

v0apY.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well this guy IS HYPING A PODCAST!

Still among the things I see out there from free sources are:

1. OL prospects Herbert is trending Miami in the crystal ball, but potential fall back recruit Gray is trending Mississippi? The first should be a UF worry, the second seems to say UF should feel good about Herbert.

2. WR Robinson is surprisingly taking a visit to Mississippi this weekend? That does not cause me to believe he is thinking Ohio State, but I am not sure what it means.

3. UF is in on a bunch of 300 lbs + defensive tackle sincluding at least Conliffe, Bra Gaddy, Bre Gaddy, Slaton, Spence and Truesdell, though three of them are committed to UMD. Clearly UF is not signing all 6 of these guys so is what the podcast hyper is "hearing" is that some of these 6 are firming up for UMD?

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, wait, wait... This poster says the complete opposite. What's going no on here?

Get ready gators, our football team is about to close STRONG on signing day. We have so many top prospects visiting and guys cb'd to us. We will end up with a great class addressing our positions of need and gain much needed depth at EVERY position. It's great to have a head coach who understands what needs to be done and has the foresight to fix problems when they arise instead of meandering around doing nothing.

http://gatorchatter.com/threads/get-ready-gators.13401/

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
It is going to take Florida football a long time to recover from this. Several years. A good recruiting class is sorely need this year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jake Allen was on the radio bragging about how he was helping Mac pick guys we're going after. I can understand if coaches ask commits about the character and rumors surrounding other targets, but he sounded naive. However , it would explain some of Mac's dumb decisions

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.