What now? Gator fans told to "temper expectations"

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Crap now the SEC Channel is talking about our issue with recruiting.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just going to wait til NSD to get pissed off. You hear on one thread we're going to do well and the other to "temper" your expectations. I won't be surprised by anything at this point.
That's a novel idea. Mind if I join you?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
dig%2Bgrave.gif

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Well, if true then wholesale changes have to be made . It doesn't help that ESPN has questioned our recruiting and now the SEC network has joined in the fun. Recruits must think the Gator program is toxic and I don't blame them. It started when Foley allowed Urban that extra year, then Musclecramp, and now Butters. The new AD is Foley's puppet. If all of this crap happens then it will take years to get out of this. It's no longer as simple as win and they will come. The recruits have seen FSU embarrass us 2 yrs in a row (under Butters). Alabama well they blasted this team twice. I was a pumper, but I think reality has sunk in....well we have basketball...oh wait

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if true then wholesale changes have to be made . It doesn't help that ESPN has questioned our recruiting and now the SEC network has joined in the fun. Recruits must think the Gator program is toxic and I don't blame them. It started when Foley allowed Urban that extra year, then Musclecramp, and now Butters. The new AD is Foley's puppet. If all of this crap happens then it will take years to get out of this. It's no longer as simple as win and they will come. The recruits have seen FSU embarrass us 2 yrs in a row (under Butters). Alabama well they blasted this team twice. I was a pumper, but I think reality has sunk in....well we have basketball...oh wait
Yes all the fans tell the players this. Eventually they listen

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Crap now the SEC Channel is talking about our issue with recruiting.

the SEC channel is owned by ESPN so not a surprise they would hit the same story, but actually...

they should be talking about issues with our recruiting! There are issues with our recruiting!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes all the fans tell the players this. Eventually they listen

Yup. It's our fault. We ran SOS off into the richest coaching contract in history at the time. We totally ran Zook and Meyer off too. Chump? Hated him too. Now we are responsible for Mac's ineptness and total lack of panache? Gator fans are also responsible for global warming and isis.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yup. It's our fault. We ran SOS off into the richest coaching contract in history at the time. We totally ran Zook and Meyer off too. Chump? Hated him too. Now we are responsible for Mac's ineptness and total lack of panache? Gator fans are also responsible for global warming and isis.
Way to go with Chump, Zook, and the players we didn't want anyway.

Many years ago, I knew some college players and the fan base did play a role in their decision. We ain't got much going for us so we don't need any additional straws.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Way to go with Chump, Zook, and the players we didn't want anyway.

Many years ago, I knew some college players and the fan base did play a role in their decision. We ain't got much going for us so we don't need any additional straws.

Are you suggesting to be silent?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The fans are the same at every damn university in the country. Blaming the fans is ludicrous.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The fans are the same at every damn university in the country. Blaming the fans is ludicrous.

Visit any rival message board and it is all the same. Hell, OSU fans complain about Meyer.

The fans that try to blame other fans just refuse to acknowledge the truth. Remember Coach's ramblings?

I think they just added Zika and Ebola to Gator fandom unhappiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator