Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
JDH, I like you, but I'm giving a dislike for that video. Firstly, that's not berating - too mild. Secondly, I didn't see the RB coach in the frame while Mac was instructing. Perhaps he was just out of the frame, but this video title is a stretch at best.
:tongue:
You don't have to explain. I was trying for one word ... berate seemed to fit. Keep it mind, I'm an engineer, so my vocabulary is limited! That being said, a freshman RB broke free and put us ahead by 2 TDs. The crowds going wild, the coaches are going wild, the Vandy fans are dejected, we just had our best rushing game (And blocking) in years ... Mcelwain bitching was totally inappropriate given the setting. IMO...it showed me he had his head up his add. As a fan, it pissed me off. Just one person's opinion. I also put the video together to show the circumstances. Guess I didn't do a good job. It's all good though. URG gives me dislikes like he gets paid per thumb down.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You don't have to explain. I was trying for one word ... berate seemed to fit. Keep it mind, I'm an engineer, so my vocabulary is limited! That being said, a freshman RB broke free and put us ahead by 2 TDs. The crowds going wild, the coaches are going wild, the Vandy fans are dejected, we just had our best rushing game (And blocking) in years ... Mcelwain *****ing was totally inappropriate given the setting. IMO...it showed me he had his head up his add. As a fan, it pissed me off. Just one person's opinion. I also put the video together to show the circumstances. Guess I didn't do a good job. It's all good though. URG gives me dislikes like he gets paid per thumb down.

Agreed. And you certainly didnt deserve a dislike.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tinerc and Arkansas 1998 is the one I saw.

But fumbling a snap is fumbling a snap or fumbling a hand off is common. It doesnt become a statistical anamoly just because we are running the clock out.
Dude, that is NOT the victory formation. The victory formation is design specifically to prevent what you are suggesting. And that wasn't a fumbled snap.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol, yeah he was going to run for five more seconds to kill the clock.

Fumbles happen at least a few times n every game. Bad snaps happen at least a few times in every game.

Its moronic to not put the game away.

MORONIC. But so is just killingnthe clock for three quarters, being scareded as fvkk to throw the ball except for screens and in general being a three hundred pound buttertoothed vagina.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
No....he didn't come close to berating anyone. That's today's society being offended over literally everything. He stated what he wanted to happen and walked away. About 98% of us disagreed with him. But its a false narrative that he berated the coach or the definition has changed since the days when my old coaches literally berated us. Some would be well-served to spend a few days at Parris Island. You would have a new appreciation for berating.
Holy hell.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You don't have to explain. I was trying for one word ... berate seemed to fit. Keep it mind, I'm an engineer, so my vocabulary is limited! That being said, a freshman RB broke free and put us ahead by 2 TDs. The crowds going wild, the coaches are going wild, the Vandy fans are dejected, we just had our best rushing game (And blocking) in years ... Mcelwain *****ing was totally inappropriate given the setting. IMO...it showed me he had his head up his add. As a fan, it pissed me off. Just one person's opinion. I also put the video together to show the circumstances. Guess I didn't do a good job. It's all good though. URG gives me dislikes like he gets paid per thumb down.

I'd rather him not get caught up in the moment until the game is out of reach. I'd rather him be 'on his game' thinking of strategy and possibilities and what's next until he can relax and let down his guard. I commend him for what he did. ...but like you said, just one person's opinion.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
sooooooo close to giving this post a dislike, but it might not be as funny to you as it would be to me.

:tongue:
giphy.gif

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Holy hell.

Well I do apologize as I didn't realize you put that caption up. I don't know how all that sh*t works. I thought you just found a video some nole put up. But I do stand by my assertion that "berate" is a stretch. At least I think the vast majority of us disagree with the philosophy even if we understand the logic.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather him not get caught up in the moment until the game is out of reach. I'd rather him be 'on his game' thinking of strategy and possibilities and what's next until he can relax and let down his guard. I commend him for what he did. ...but like you said, just one person's opinion.
Oh, I don't disagree that he has a point. But not at that point. Take it up with the assistant and other coaches on Monday (and go full ape **** if needed) or, calm down and approach discreetly during the game.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Well I do apologize as I didn't realize you put that caption up. I don't know how all that sh*t works. I thought you just found a video some nole put up. But I do stand by my assertion that "berate" is a stretch. At least I think the vast majority of us disagree with the philosophy even if we understand the logic.
It's all good. I'm a Navy brat and I've worked as a DOD contractor my entire career. I've had my ass chewed (military style) plenty of times! I've also railed back (us civies can do that!).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's all good. I'm a Navy brat and I've worked as a DOD contractor my entire career. I've had my ass chewed (military style) plenty of times! I've also railed back (us civies can do that!).
Yeah, Zamboo knows I love him.

It's all good.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have absolutely no problem with him scoring, but in complete and total fairness, if the play is designed for the RB to get the first down and hit the deck, it's understandable that Mac wasn't happy with him not following the play design.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have absolutely no problem with him scoring, but in complete and total fairness, if the play is designed for the RB to get the first down and hit the deck, it's understandable that Mac wasn't happy with him not following the play design.
This is true. He should follow orders.

It is also true we should fire a coach who gives dumb orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.