• Total voters

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is true. He should follow orders.

It is also true we should fire a coach who gives dumb orders.
Once again, in fairness, there are times when that play call is the correct one. Hell, Davis was two weeks removed from being walked down at the goal line and fumbling through the end zone. I think had he broken through the line and had a defender between him and the goal line, he would have gone down. Hard to tell a kid to do that when there's nothing but grass ahead, though.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now fvkktard, tell me how many times youve seen a team complete a hail mary, recover an onside kick then complete another hail mary in 40 seconds.
Oh, I see you edited your original dumb post to call me a fukktard. OK fukktard, how many times have you seen a team throw a hail mary with 1:40 left on the clock? Why are you so imprecise with all of your moronic examples? Why do you have so unbelievably low situational awareness? Did you eat paint chips?

There have been plenty of times when a team with less than 2 minutes on the clock has scored, gotten the onside kick, and scored again. Do your REALLY dispute this? BTW, I love watching you dig dig dig dig and dig some more when burying yourself in a hole.

Love you buddy!

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Dooley:

The joke in the press box was that McElwain wanted to add a notch in his impressive record of one-possession wins and that’s why he wanted Davis to go down.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley:

The joke in the press box was that McElwain wanted to add a notch in his impressive record of one-possession wins and that’s why he wanted Davis to go down.
I already made that same joke in this thread. Clearly Dooley lurks here.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Oh, I see you edited your original dumb post to call me a fukktard. OK fukktard, how many times have you seen a team throw a hail mary with 1:40 left on the clock? Why are you so imprecise with all of your moronic examples? Why do you have so unbelievably low situational awareness? Did you eat paint chips?

There have been plenty of times when a team with less than 2 minutes on the clock has scored, gotten the onside kick, and scored again. Do your REALLY dispute this? BTW, I love watching you dig dig dig dig and dig some more when burying yourself in a hole.

Love you buddy!
Many, many more times they have not. Now I can tell you that there have been alot of times that teams have fumbled the ball inside the opp 10 yard line or had a FG blocked and returned for a TD, which is a lot easier than hail mary onsides kick and score again.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Many, many more times they have not. Now I can tell you that there have been alot of times that teams have fumbled the ball inside the opp 10 yard line or had a FG blocked and returned for a TD, which is a lot easier than hail mary onsides kick and score again.

And literally every single time that has happened, they have been trying to run a play. They were not in the victory formation just kneeling on the ball. Because that's never happened. But I'll give you the same opportunity I gave donkey and let you show me one time that it happened and prove me wrong.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord, this thread has gone full retard. :lol:

No, Mac didn't berate the coach, that's not accurate. He handed him a new a**hole.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Once again, in fairness, there are times when that play call is the correct one. Hell, Davis was two weeks removed from being walked down at the goal line and fumbling through the end zone. I think had he broken through the line and had a defender between him and the goal line, he would have gone down. Hard to tell a kid to do that when there's nothing but grass ahead, though.[/QUOTE
Good Lord, this thread has gone full retard. :lol:

No, Mac didn't berate the coach, that's not accurate. He handed him a new a**hole.
If there was a berate button, I would use it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They were not in the victory formation just kneeling on the ball. .
Yes, because once in the victory formation, the shotgun snap/center qb exchange becomes infallible, because it is a victory formation after all. With 1:40, while the other team has three timeouts.

Yeah, ok.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The point is you do not want to be in the situation where you can lose. It's that attitude that puts you in that position.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You think Spurrier would have wanted Davis to take a knee, I don’t. That’s the difference between Spurrier and Mac, Spurrier coached to win, Mac coaches not to lose.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really want to hear from Mac how creating a two-touchdown cushion was such a bad thing.

I'm penning a berating email right now.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I really want to hear from Mac how creating a two-touchdown cushion was such a bad thing.

I'm penning a berating email right now.

After the game, on his walk-off interview, he said ideally he would have wanted him to go down and seal the game, but that he was very proud of the defense and it worked out & just shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t seem put out about it at all.

I don’t think it was a big deal either way, but it’s an interesting question to discuss.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After the game, on his walk-off interview, he said ideally he would have wanted him to go down and seal the game, but that he was very proud of the defense and it worked out & just shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t seem put out about it at all.

I don’t think it was a big deal either way, but it’s an interesting question to discuss.

That's crazy. How many examples do we need of a team erasing a 14-point deficit in under two minutes?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think that the coaching handbook says to drop at the 1, and use another down or two to drain the clock then score. That being said, this team needed the score for morale purposes. It's also hard for a kid to not score with wide open spaces. No harm no foul IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator