Where do you think Adam Lane falls on the depth chart?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Adam Lane missed last week due to a "family issue" but is expected to return. Powell looked pretty darn good and Herndon did as well. With Taylor/Jones either #1 or 2, Brown #3....where do you think the other 3 fall? After watching Powell, who is a different type of RB than any of the others....I'd have to think Lane is #6 on the depth chart. Does he move ahead of Herndon to #5? And if so, realistically, in a tight game how much will he play (or any of the #4 and below backs?).

I had high hopes for him. However, w/ the depth chart he may not get many looks this season.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like he may transfer, but Kelvin Taylor in a recent interview with Zach said they have plans for him this year.

Q: Another running back, Adam Lane, missed the first game due to a family emergency. What should fans expect from him moving forward?
A: I feel like he's going to bring a lot to the offense. He's very powerful. He's going to get us those hard yards. He can drive easily for five yards when he falls forward. He's got ridiculous power. He's a very good guy. I'm looking forward to seeing Lane do great things this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n48136 said:
I feel like he may transfer, but Kelvin Taylor in a recent interview with Zach said they have plans for him this year.

Q: Another running back, Adam Lane, missed the first game due to a family emergency. What should fans expect from him moving forward?
A: I feel like he's going to bring a lot to the offense. He's very powerful. He's going to get us those hard yards. He can drive easily for five yards when he falls forward. He's got ridiculous power. He's a very good guy. I'm looking forward to seeing Lane do great things this year.

They always say that. Watch how much time Joyer gets after the talk about him - I bet its just a couple of plays a game. I think Lane probably has more potential than Jones as a runner but it looks like he won't be seeing the field much.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Somewhere between 1st string and 6th string. I'm sure we'll find out at some point while we're blowing out Kentucky.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Right now you have Jones and Taylor at 1a and 1b. If it were up to me, Taylor looks like the better back, but they both have their own positive attributes, so situation matters IMO with these two. You then have Mack Brown as the #2/3, depending on how you consider the depth. Lane seems like a back that could or should be right there with Mack Brown, and pushing to be up with Taylor and Jones. I'd have to assume that for the time being Lane is at least even with Powell, if not ahead of him, with herndon pulling up the tail.

Looking at the list of names, I don't recall a time when UF has been this deep at running back. I'm really not sure how we keep them all over time, but I suppose that's a good problem to have.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n48143 said:
Right now you have Jones and Taylor at 1a and 1b. If it were up to me, Taylor looks like the better back, but they both have their own positive attributes, so situation matters IMO with these two. You then have Mack Brown as the #2/3, depending on how you consider the depth. Lane seems like a back that could or should be right there with Mac Brown, and pushing to be up with Taylor and Jones. I'd have to assume that for the time being Lane is at least even with Powell, if not ahead of him, with herndon pulling up the tail.

Looking at the list of names, I don't recall a time when UF has been this deep at running back. I'm really not sure how we keep them all over time, but I suppose that's a good problem to have.

We have depth but Taylor is the only RB that is up there with the other good backs in the SEC as a runner. Jones certainly isn't even close to the RB's that many other SEC teams have.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n48147 said:
We have depth but Taylor is the only RB that is up there with the other good backs in the SEC as a runner. Jones certainly isn't even close to the RB's that many other SEC teams have.

We all know how you feel about that situation. You don't have to keep repeating yourself.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Either way it's nice to have so much depth. Could come in handy late in games (if the line can hold up).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n48148 said:
We all know how you feel about that situation. You don't have to keep repeating yourself.

Just thought it was crazy saying how good we were there with depth when we have had real good combos in previous years.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n48151 said:
Just thought it was crazy saying how good we were there with depth when we have real good combos in previous years.

Depth is the culmination of the group in its entirety. Are you saying we aren't deep at RB?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n48156 said:
Depth is the culmination of the group in its entirety. Are you saying we aren't deep at RB?

I am saying we don't have real good SEC talent at RB after Taylor (as far as running anyway). Don't know enough about the freshman yet.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n48159 said:
I am saying we don't have real good SEC talent at RB after Taylor (as far as running anyway). Don't know enough about the freshman yet.

I see. I thought we were talking specifically about our existing depth chart, and where Adam Lane fits into it. Did I misunderstand the OP?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thought Lane was the "plow-back" that would break tackles, bounce off. Like to see us with a back like that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n48163 said:
I see. I thought we were talking specifically about our existing depth chart, and where Adam Lane fits into it. Did I misunderstand the OP?

And you talked about how deep we were - so ? This is a message board.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Hard to say since we really haven't seen him play. Has a style different than the other backs. Probably have a role in the offense.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n48167 said:
And you talked about how deep we were - so ? This is a message board.

Yes, deep, as in upwards of 6 players capable of playing the position. 4 potentially at a relatively high level. So what's your beef?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it'll be Taylor/Jones 1a/1b, and Brown/Lane 2a/2b, with Powell as a change of pace guy and Herndan as a breather mop-up guy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n48173 said:
Yes, deep, as in upwards of 6 players capable of playing the position. 4 potentially at a relatively high level. So what's your beef?

I am just saying imo we don't have good SEC talent playing behind Taylor. Jones and Brown aren't real good SEC backs imo while we have had real good combos in the past.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n48175 said:
I am just saying imo we don't have good SEC talent playing behind Taylor. Jones and Brown aren't real good SEC backs imo while we have had real good combos in the past.

Based on what? Look, we all know how you feel about Taylor. He's a good back, and I agree he should be the starter...but who "technically" starts the game is really irrelevant. Taylor and Jones, IMO, are ahead of Brown, but that doesn't mean Brown is incapable of production, he just doesn't have the speed to be a big producer like a speed back would.

The OP said nothing in regards to how these guys compare to other schools in the conference, simply where does Adam Lane stack up right now. I gave my opinion, and you commented on it. I really don't understand the point you are trying to make, outside of simply restating what everyone already knows you think..."Taylor is the man, and everyone else sucks"
We get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator