Who do we close with.....?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we beat Iowa and jettison some crappy coaches, we could started a little momentum, which we have none right now. If this happens, who do we close with? Looks like we have legit shots at the following, but who else is out there?
  1. Adarius Lemons - will be a Gator if he gets his test scores in line. As a 3* he wouldn't help our ranking much, but he's a high 4* talent.
  2. Tyrone Truesdell - big position of need for a long-time lean. Not sure what's taking so long on getting this kid on board.
  3. TJ Moore - looks like we may sneak this kid out of NC. Seems like we're coming on late, but I remember hearing his name way back. Seems like once Leatherwood bolted (officially) they turned the heat up.
  4. Brad Stewart - all signs point to us as we are his only SEC school remaining and he wants to play in the SEC
  5. CJ Henderson - we battle Miami and we have two of his best friends as EE's, so they should help close the deal during his official in January
  6. James Robinson - we have slow played this kid due to some off the field issues, which I still haven't heard what they are. I think he ends up at UF.
I think we end up with the above, but we obviously need more. So who are they?
  • Tray Bishop - some say he is a UGA lean. I think we have a shot, but we've yet to hear anything positive for a while, so we'll probably be 2nd place again.
  • We need at least 3 DT's in this class. We are Solomon's last visit and he likes us, but given the staff, do we really pull in a 5* at a position of need. Do we have a shot at the Newberry kid? Do we have a shot at pulling Hansard back in?
  • OT - who is out there? Herbert is visiting but why would he flip after making all kinds of Michigan noise? Tony Gray seems like a more likely option, but are we pressing too late? There's a guy out of South Florida named Slaton, but I haven't really heard anything on him.
  • LB - who else is there right now? Levi Jones?
Who do you guys see in this class?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Unfortunately we'll lose to Iowa and make very few staff changes. We'll close with whatever 2 stars we can steal from South Alabama Christian School.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Sadly I agree with Tag. Iowa typically is fundamentally sound b/c of Ferentz and we could not be more poor in the fundamentals dept. With that said winning a meaningless game that many have mailed in would not matter in my opinion. Why would anyone think we would close strong on any of the top prospects? People do not rush to leap onto the Titanic as it is seeking.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly I agree with Tag. Iowa typically is fundamentally sound b/c of Ferentz and we could not be more poor in the fundamentals dept. With that said winning a meaningless game that many have mailed in would not matter in my opinion. Why would anyone think we would close strong on any of the top prospects? People do not rush to leap onto the Titanic as it is seeking.

Exaclty, a meaningless game isn't going to sway a recruit that has already decided to go somewhere. It might be the last piece of evidence, but they had already made their decision before it most likely.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's no logic to think this bowl game will mean nothing to UF players while meaning more to Iowa
players?? My take is our collection of guys (players & coaches) come in with a hidden fire and Gators
handle Iowa raucously like Leak & company handled Ohio State. That's with all at peak health. This
Gator program needs a turnaround rescue game, NOW! .... Coaches - do it or go away.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Exaclty, a meaningless game isn't going to sway a recruit that has already decided to go somewhere. It might be the last piece of evidence, but they had already made their decision before it most likely.

The evidence has long been in and Butters is out of his league.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Imo we lose Blades and get:
3* Cory Durden
4* James Robinson
3* LB Nick Smith
4* Chris Henderson
3* Brian Edwards
3* Tyrone Truesdell
3*Bentavious Thompson
3* Mike Harley
3* Caleb Chandler
4* Tony Gray
4* Brad Stewart

Good for 9th in the sec imo

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Moore from Mallard Creek would be an absolute steal at this point.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
If we beat Iowa the media will say "Florida was supposed to win this game" and that's the last you'll hear about it.

If we lose the media will trash us every way possible and every time they mention UF this offseason they'll mention how we've collapsed down the stretch the last 2 seasons.

So we've got to find a way to get this bowl win...period! Will it help recruiting guys not currently in the class? No! Will it help keep the guys we currently have in this class? Yes! #ChompChomp

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imo we lose Blades and get:
3* Cory Durden
4* James Robinson
3* LB Nick Smith
4* Chris Henderson
3* Brian Edwards
3* Tyrone Truesdell
3*Bentavious Thompson
3* Mike Harley
3* Caleb Chandler
4* Tony Gray
4* Brad Stewart

Good for 9th in the sec imo
IMO Truesdale is our most important recruit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we beat Iowa the media will say "Florida was supposed to win this game" and that's the last you'll hear about it
But that's true. We have fallen but we are still FAR more talented than the Iowas and Arkys of the world. We shouldnt even be in a game like this. We put ourselves in this position.
If we lose the media will trash us ... they'll mention how we've collapsed down the stretch the last 2 seasons.
Also true.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree, I'm selfish as hell... I don't want to go into the off season feeling sick to my stomach. Let's Go Gators!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we beat Iowa the media will say "Florida was supposed to win this game" and that's the last you'll hear about it.

If we lose the media will trash us every way possible and every time they mention UF this offseason they'll mention how we've collapsed down the stretch the last 2 seasons.

So we've got to find a way to get this bowl win...period! Will it help recruiting guys not currently in the class? No! Will it help keep the guys we currently have in this class? Yes! #ChompChomp

Yep and Iowa is not the slouch late in this season anyway that people make them out to be. Their defense manhandled Michigan and Nebraska and their running game minus a few sacks was pretty dang good in their last 3 games.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not expecting a W but if Iowa scores 31 against us then we deserve to lose. Their offense isn't much better than ours.

The final will likely be somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-6.
I believe their offense is ranked lower

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator