Who do we close with.....?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's been a bunch of that going on, but I get that you don't notice it and it's not surprising.

There's been none of it going on, but I get that you'd project it and it's not surprising.

See how two can play at that game? Give the evidence or move on.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There's been none of it going on, but I get that you'd project it and it's not surprising.

See how two can play at that game? Give the evidence or move on.
I have neither the time nor inclination to go dig thru posts the last few days to prove something to you. So you can consider this a win. Congrats.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Two last points from me on this...

1. I don't think I'm a 'pumper'

Don't care about all the other stuff. The win should be enjoyed and mac showed some urgency. I like it. But to claim you are not a pumper is a flat out lie. You're one of THE pumpers on here. Hopefully, Mac closes strong and we all turn into pumpers.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I think Euro's biggest issue, as was mine, was all the adamant negativity coming from a lot of folks before the bowl game. I mean, I was seeing some pretty strong statements about how we were going to get blown out or it was going 'to be ugly'. The volume of the negativity got to be tiresome. I didn't know if we would/could beat Iowa or not, and I'm not happy with the way we lost to FSU & Bama and the current state of the program/recruiting, but I'm sure as heck not going to predict that Iowa (Iowa) is going to mop the floor with us. To me, that's borderline trolling. You won't find me fist pumping either - not after beating 'Iowa'. I just hope we can gain a little momentum with recruiting and get the Gator train back on the right track.

This is precisely why I avoided the site most of the week(s) leading up to the bowl game. Too much negativity. Really considering dropping off for an extended period of time, simply because the threads on here have become monotonous and unenjoyable. I popped in after the bowl game to see how many people made fools of themselves....but even that has no real enjoyment factor. Ultimately, I'm with you on "You won't find me fist pumping either - not after beating 'Iowa'. I just hope we can gain a little momentum with recruiting and get the Gator train back on the right track"

I'm hoping basketball doesn't suffer the same fools, but I've been reluctant to read/join those threads for fear of disappointment - not in the team, but in the members posting.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is precisely why I avoided the site most of the week(s) leading up to the bowl game. Too much negativity. Really considering dropping off for an extended period of time, simply because the threads on here have become monotonous and unenjoyable. I popped in after the bowl game to see how many people made fools of themselves....but even that has no real enjoyment factor. Ultimately, I'm with you on "You won't find me fist pumping either - not after beating 'Iowa'. I just hope we can gain a little momentum with recruiting and get the Gator train back on the right track"

I'm hoping basketball doesn't suffer the same fools, but I've been reluctant to read/join those threads for fear of disappointment - not in the team, but in the members posting.
FYI - Rex is on board with Coach White and likes the state of the BB program (based on a couple of his recent posts).

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The record isn't the problem. Never had been. Four losses last year was overacheiving. Four losses this year is mehhhh, but I wouldn't mind if the direction of the program, specfically the players looking like the are being developed and recruiting per the norm at UF.
Do you not think some of the scrubs and freshmen are not being developed?

Recruiting I tend to agree unless he is building a foundation which he needs to start over from scratch. I think we need to. The question is ....can he rebuild? I do not know this answer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you not think some of the scrubs and freshmen are not being developed?
127th is not developing.

I know some of the Pumptastics now celebrate a 2nd offensive Td in one game as if the Messiah has returned, but 127th is 127th.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator team that took Iowa outback and beat them appeared/performed like a fired-up team ...
that was a huge improvement for MacStyle.?? Are further improvements on the way. Will the way coaches prepared us going-into this bowl game make Mac learn the lesson that going in fiercely-determined (not zenned) controls the game's outcome, strengthens the team spirit, and compiles
a growing momentum for the following games & mo for the season.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator team that took Iowa outback and beat them appeared/performed like a fired-up team ...
that was a huge improvement for MacStyle.?
Obviously it could have been much worse and its damn good to end the year on a positive note.

However, we had a handful of FIRST DOWNS per half, and 200 yards of passing, 85 of which was a screen pass w numerous missed/busted tackles,.

It is what is is, a game that was still a contest in the 4th quarter against an unranked 4th tier team. I know it's a bit of a no win situation, but we put ourselves there.

Kaybru

Jan 4, 2017
Before season began, thought 9-5 (9-4) would be fair for this team. We beat my expectations.

Expected to lose to FSU, Bama, and bowl game with 2 other loses.

Where we have not met expectations is with recruiting and offensive performance. However, after the bowl game, I am happy to see the coaching up of the scrubs. The coaching staff did very well piecing together a true TEAM.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to your GatorChatter forum Kaybru. If you become a serial poster, you might become
GC's "Special K" (Post Cereal?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator