Who do you want to replace Mac?

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
McElwein is not going to get fired for losing to Tennessee this season. He is reputed to be an offensive genius but, his offenses at Bama were not great. The Bama defense was great and his offense just did not make mistakes.

I think that he needs to clean house of the mid-major coaches he has on staff and get some great position coaches. In my opinion, this staff is terrible - with the exception of Rumph.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My last post in this thread..........( i can hear the cheers from my desk).
So the new guy after one season and four games needs to go cause we aint hauling in 4/5 stars and we aint elite right now? Cause you know? You can tell? He should have established all the relationships with FLa HS's and athletes by now? I can see you are correct because
Walmart has Christmas stuff up in Sept. Gotta have and have it now..................one last thing.
My feelings about my team and most athletes and coaches can be summed up by this:

He is getting 3 years regardless but I just dont see how he could recover if we aren't getting it done on the field against the big boys and he continues to bring in classes outside the Top 10 in recruiting rankings. The SEC is brutal now and talent is probably 2/3 of the winning formula.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I want to see the new AD remove any excuses - raise the staff budget significantly, with the caveat that it doesn't go to "raises" for the current staff. If Mac wants to use it - hire up. Recruiting needs to be #1 priority.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The problem with Petrino is he also tends to foul up 1 or 2 games per year with stupid decisions that cost him a chance at a great season. It happens EVERY year including at a future point this season (BOOK IT). Hell, Petrino had Alabama on the ropes several years ago but went into conservative mode in the second half and pissed the game away...just like we did yesterday. He also doesn't focus much on defense which is needed in the SEC. If you hated Muschamp's unbalanced recruiting, wait till Booby recruits 9 WRs in a class with no front 7 D players. Not to mention all of his baggage.

Well as I noted above back in September, Petrino's gonna Petrino. The guy is a 2-3 loss per season coach who can't close a berth in the playoffs (and NC game before that). Never had been able to, never will be able to.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just going back and reading this thread...not much has changed. Mac has the next two weeks to change the trajectory of his career even though Foley already gave him a golden parachute.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Going back through the thread, I only saw Petrino's name mentioned as a replacement. If Mac gets fired, it won't be this season, who is out there? I went through a number of names, but I couldn't find a homerun hire. The closest is Petrino. Here are my list of coaches with experience.

1. P.J. Fleck
2. Matt Rhule
3. Jeff Brohm
4. Bryan Harsin

This is a realistic list. I don't include not-a-chance-in-hell names like Chip Kelly, Gruden...ect. Things can change in a year or two. Maybe some better names show up by then.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And then meshing a new staff.

His job; when a coach is hired it is his duty to assemble the best staff as he can. Mac has clearly failed to do this, rather he has hired "friends."
I think Nusschump and Nord are the only friends on this staff. Admittedly they suck but the rest of the staff was pretty much whomever we could find in Fooley's budget. Remember that BIG TIME WR coach we were getting? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just because I was spoiled by SOS and Meyer does not mean I have to accept mediocre coaching in Chump and MacChump.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I know some of you think that HBC's are great if they get tons of five stars, upgrade facilities and score lots of points the sooner they step on campus the better. And since some of them do it (like an Urban or (you fill in the blank) then all should be able to do it Immediately..............Well, it doesnt always work that way. Most of the time it does not work that way. I am betting all those URBAN haters wish that mofo was back and realize he WAS the real deal. Believe it or on there are coaches that have a "plan" and in that plan they try to develop a culture and chemistry and like MOST things that are difficult they TAKE time............A good illustration is the story Hoosiers...................The coach sucked. He didnt do it the way THE TOWN people knew he should do it. He Started at ground zero and worked them into his way of doing things. He took a very small town team and won the state title. Sort of like that Olympic hockey team that never should have won. This guy reminds me of those type of coaching jobs. He needs HIS players and he needs the right QB and I believe you will see the sort of team you want to see. Kids are fickle. Bama is a no brainer. They win and win and win.................The rest are looking for flash and dash and maybe cash ( i have no clue but fck that I want a clean program). We saw a glimpse of that fun when that boy last year was playing. Get a good QB for this guy and I think you see things you want to see. So we are back to recruitning again. That Louisville kid ALMOST signed here. But we all know close only counts in dancing and hand grenades....................piss moan and cry but this guy gets three years and we all know it. Be a fan and support this team............................................ We have some great stories on this team. THe Mcoy kid who stepped up and did well. Apple did well last week. Davis is such an inspiration.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Would Mac insist on running this same stupid offense if Tebow was here? It seems Mac is very rigid or he only knows one offense. It's a great question. Even though Tebow's skill sets are for a spread our dumb ass coach would be dropping him back 40+ times a game. That's all you need to know about this joker.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Great coaches adapt to their players. Our guy seems to want all of his players to adapt to his offense. Go back to CSU.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
My last post in this thread..........( i can hear the cheers from my desk).
So the new guy after one season and four games needs to go cause we aint hauling in 4/5 stars and we aint elite right now? Cause you know? You can tell? He should have established all the relationships with FLa HS's and athletes by now? I can see you are correct because
Walmart has Christmas stuff up in Sept. Gotta have and have it now..................one last thing.
My feelings about my team and most athletes and coaches can be summed up by this:
We haven't had a FB commit in almost 3 months. He's been here almost 2 years. His staff is stacked full of average coaches and average to mediocre recruiters save for Dixon, Gray and Skipper. Great coaches bring in top classes each year. Not middle of the road and currently 19th in rankings. Great coaches don't let the team collapse multiple times, not have them prepared to play or not make halftime adjustments. The proof is in the pudding. The offense hasn't improved WITH HIS players, neglected major areas on the defense in recruiting, where it's fallen off a cliff compared to even Zook and WM, and he's 1-7 vs or so vs the top 25.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I know some of you think that HBC's are great if they get tons of five stars, upgrade facilities and score lots of points the sooner they step on campus the better. And since some of them do it (like an Urban or (you fill in the blank) then all should be able to do it Immediately..............Well, it doesnt always work that way. Most of the time it does not work that way. I am betting all those URBAN haters wish that mofo was back and realize he WAS the real deal. Believe it or on there are coaches that have a "plan" and in that plan they try to develop a culture and chemistry and like MOST things that are difficult they TAKE time............A good illustration is the story Hoosiers...................The coach sucked. He didnt do it the way THE TOWN people knew he should do it. He Started at ground zero and worked them into his way of doing things. He took a very small town team and won the state title. Sort of like that Olympic hockey team that never should have won. This guy reminds me of those type of coaching jobs. He needs HIS players and he needs the right QB and I believe you will see the sort of team you want to see. Kids are fickle. Bama is a no brainer. They win and win and win.................The rest are looking for flash and dash and maybe cash ( i have no clue but fck that I want a clean program). We saw a glimpse of that fun when that boy last year was playing. Get a good QB for this guy and I think you see things you want to see. So we are back to recruitning again. That Louisville kid ALMOST signed here. But we all know close only counts in dancing and hand grenades....................piss moan and cry but this guy gets three years and we all know it. Be a fan and support this team............................................ We have some great stories on this team. THe Mcoy kid who stepped up and did well. Apple did well last week. Davis is such an inspiration.
Hoosiers is a film. HS sports is nowhere near the level of college. UF is a dirty school as well. NO TEAM IN THE NCAA IS CLEAN. SO Mac needs everything to fall in place for him rather than adapt and create the success himself. That sounds about right wrt to Mac. We'll be looking for a new HC then soon. Great stories don't win NCs great players and great coaches. If you want great stories and to feel good. Join your local charity but football is a business and entertainment and UF has struggled at both for almost a decade. Let's just hope Stricklin doesn't take Foley's approach when hiring his very first Football HC.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Would Mac insist on running this same stupid offense if Tebow was here? It seems Mac is very rigid or he only knows one offense. It's a great question. Even though Tebow's skill sets are for a spread our dumb ass coach would be dropping him back 40+ times a game. That's all you need to know about this joker.
Mac wouldve never recruited Tebow here. He would've went to Bama and Mac would have went with a drop back passer.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I think Nusschump and Nord are the only friends on this staff. Admittedly they suck but the rest of the staff was pretty much whomever we could find in Fooley's budget. Remember that BIG TIME WR coach we were getting? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Don't forget Kirk Callahan who was canned and Terrell Williams who stayed a few weeks.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
As for HCs:

1. Herman- Whatever it takes to get him.
2. Petrino. The buyout is the only obstacle IMO. His recruiting would need some help
3. PJ Fleck-He's done wonders at WM and he's a great recruiter and motivator
4. Willie Taggart- He's turned an awful USF around and has them competing again

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As for HCs:

1. Herman- Whatever it takes to get him.
2. Petrino. The buyout is the only obstacle IMO. His recruiting would need some help
3. PJ Fleck-He's done wonders at WM and he's a great recruiter and motivator
4. Willie Taggart- He's turned an awful USF around and has them competing again
Taggarts been a head coach for 7 years and has a losing record. No thanks

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Agreed on the one more year to prove he can do it. However the last 3 losses last year he didn't have a QB. You're not beating FSU, Alabama and Michigan with Treon.

And yet, he tried not one damn thing different. Other guys on the bench using a QB scholly and he didn't replace Treon at all. Because he's too damn lazy to do the work of game coaching and preparation of the second teamers. Treon was a disaster, we all knew it and we all knew Mac would sit on his azz watching us lose with Treon. How long would it have taken Spurrier to replace Harris last year? Butters is making incredible money for doing nothing when the game is on the line. We march into these last two huge games as wounded underdogs. If Mac has any competitive fire he needs to uncork it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator