Who do you want to replace Mac?

Sep 29, 2015
As for HCs:

1. Herman- Whatever it takes to get him.
2. Petrino. The buyout is the only obstacle IMO. His recruiting would need some help
3. PJ Fleck-He's done wonders at WM and he's a great recruiter and motivator
4. Willie Taggart- He's turned an awful USF around and has them competing again

1. Herman - Texas bound-done deal per reports
2. Petrino - would kill it here and would take the job. Fire mac now with him in the fold I'm good with it, instant offense - BUT you know the other shoe will drop at some point so you better be willing to pay that price (anything he does at L'Ville will be swept under the rug - see Pitino - but it won't be here).
3/4 Mac's resume at CSU and experience was better than both, so you're basically rehiring him.

Question though: If the program is in such dire straits due to two straight feckless regimes, why would anyone worth their salt really come here?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Question though: If the program is in such dire straits due to two straight feckless regimes, why would anyone worth their salt really come here?

Foley is the main reason no one (worth a $hit) wanted to come to UF! His budget constraints and the facilities ran away anyone worth a damn. Strickland will get the facilities up to speed and give the football program the resources it needs to be successful. Those 2 things alone will attract top tier coaches in the near future.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Well as I noted above back in September, Petrino's gonna Petrino. The guy is a 2-3 loss per season coach who can't close a berth in the playoffs (and NC game before that). Never had been able to, never will be able to.
Louisville and Arkansas coaches are supposed to play in NC games??? Both are pathetic programs will no instate talent , no history, and are not attractive destinations for recruits. Winning 11 wins at Arkansas like he did is the equivalent of winning a championship.

The guy would will it here. Imagine him with Florida talent. I'd be thrilled with Petrino as coach.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Baylor is jumping in the Herman sweepstakes. The new AD at Baylor is the one that hired him where he is now.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Going back through the thread, I only saw Petrino's name mentioned as a replacement. If Mac gets fired, it won't be this season, who is out there? I went through a number of names, but I couldn't find a homerun hire. The closest is Petrino. Here are my list of coaches with experience.

1. P.J. Fleck
2. Matt Rhule
3. Jeff Brohm
4. Bryan Harsin

This is a realistic list. I don't include not-a-chance-in-hell names like Chip Kelly, Gruden...ect. Things can change in a year or two. Maybe some better names show up by then.
Fleck Hardin and brohm are all good choices.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
As for HCs:

1. Herman- Whatever it takes to get him.
2. Petrino. The buyout is the only obstacle IMO. His recruiting would need some help
3. PJ Fleck-He's done wonders at WM and he's a great recruiter and motivator
4. Willie Taggart- He's turned an awful USF around and has them competing again
Petrinos buyout drops off after next season... Perfect timing.

I don't like Taggart.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Louisville and Arkansas coaches are supposed to play in NC games??? Both are pathetic programs will no instate talent , no history, and are not attractive destinations for recruits. Winning 11 wins at Arkansas like he did is the equivalent of winning a championship.

The guy would will it here. Imagine him with Florida talent. I'd be thrilled with Petrino as coach.

You're missing the bigger picture. The guy shyts the bed EVERY YEAR his team is in the hunt against an inferior opponent(s). I told you in September to BOOK IT that it would happen again this season and it did. What you're also failing to account for is that his "inferior" talented teams at Louisville during his first run there played teams even more inferior than his so claiming that he was at a disadvantage talent wise is ridiculous. You could give him better talent at UF but he would be playing tougher competition and guess what...he would find a way to lose a game or two EVERY YEAR that would keep us out of the playoffs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would take Petrino in a heartbeat here. With equal talent someone like him isn't going to lose too many games. That Louisville team doesn't have much talent on it besides the QB.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Well as I noted above back in September, Petrino's gonna Petrino. The guy is a 2-3 loss per season coach who can't close a berth in the playoffs (and NC game before that). Never had been able to, never will be able to.

Yep, Petrino's gonna Petrino. Happens every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator