Why only 10 runs by our running backs?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know Roper's offense doesn't really feature the fullback, but I would have loved to have seen Joyer with an opportunity on the goal line.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n77527 said:
I know Roper's offense doesn't really feature the fullback, but I would have loved to have seen Joyer with an opportunity on the goal line.

Roper's offense looks a lot like Pease's and Weis'.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n77518 said:
You're clueless. That should be one of the concerns coming out of the game. They did not run block well against a team that hasn't look strong upfront.

LSU had 8 and sometimes 9 guys in the box. Despite this, we still rushed for 123 yards with a 3.8 yards per rush avg. LSU had a 3.9 yards per rush avg.

Our offensive line played well. Next excuse please.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n77530 said:
LSU had 8 and sometimes 9 guys in the box. Despite this, we still rushed for 123 yards with a 3.8 yards per rush avg. LSU had a 3.9 yards per rush avg.

Our offensive line played well. Next excuse please.

115 of the 123 yards were by Driskel, the sweep to Debose and the 1 run they blocked well for Jones. Quit while you're behind. You just make yourself look stupid.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n77568 said:
115 of the 123 yards were by Driskel, the sweep to Debose and the 1 run they blocked well for Jones. Quit while you're behind. You just make yourself look stupid.

Yeah. I can see you're an expert on making yourself look stupid.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n77568 said:

Oh I didn't realize the yards run for by Driskel didn't count. My mistake :jerkit:

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Coach9, I agree that our line didn't block well for the run plays but they didn't play "bad" either. And the line played really well on the pass plays. You gotta give a little credit to the line. That group is way better than last year's line.

Also, I agree with your theory on the "plus-one" but they didn't significantly produce in those scenarios and JD kept the ball on some situations when it was clearly better to hand it off so this is also a wasted opportunity.

But you should acknowledge that the coaches gameplan to NOT run/utilize our RBs more than they did is absolutely and mind-blowingly stupid!! And, then when we do use the RB they use the WRONG RB. I just don't get why we hear about (insert RB name) player X or player Y but never see them. I too wouldn't be surprised if one of them transfers. I'm sure they feel they're ready to carry the rock and then pissed to see the offensive game plan is to let the QB run the ball. I too would be pissed.

Also, if the coaches are so concerned about a lack of a second option at QB then why would you run your only QB you currently have for fear of injury? Running JD would make sense if he correctly kept/handed off the ball 100% of the time AND if you had a viable 2nd option.

And on an unrelated point, it appears JD was over throwing his WRs in the beginning of the season and has overcorrected that to consistently under throw his receivers. Perhaps he'll become accurate at some point this year. Which brings me to another point...why can't our WRs catch the damn ball?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I agree on the pass blocking part. But run blocking was disappointing considering how lsu had performed as of late. QB runs are always a good call schematically. The only reason they don't dominate everyone's gameplan is they worry about killing their QB. I remember a game during the Meyer era against one of the Mississippi schools. The RBs run plays were ineffective so they ran Timmy like 27 times to grind out a win. Driskel's rushing yardage should have been better. There were at least 2 or 3 plays that were blocked really well and he got tripped up with a hand around the ankle. Looked like he had a chance to bust a couple of big ones on those.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n77581 said:
Oh I didn't realize the yards run for by Driskel didn't count. My mistake :jerkit:

The discussion was why so many QB runs and lack of RB carries. Please try to keep up.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Because Auburn and Miss. St.'s QB's burned them so badly he figured JD could do it to, since he is just as elite as any QB in the SEC.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n77529 said:
Roper's offense looks a lot like Pease's and Weis'.

They are drastically different, but the results are the same. This is on all the coaches. 22 dropped passes in 5 games, a quarterback who can't consistently read a defense, a line who doesn't consistently block, and a defense that has trouble lining up.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see more Powell. He's so fast. But he seems to do the most damage catching the ball.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;78164 said:
They are drastically different, but the results are the same. This is on all the coaches. 22 dropped passes in 5 games, a quarterback who can't consistently read a defense, a line who doesn't consistently block, and a defense that has trouble lining up.
I think you know what I mean. And, no, it's not on the coaches. It's on WM. 3 OC's and the RESULTS are the same. Everything else is just excuses.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n78174 said:
I think you know what I mean. And, no, it's not on the coaches. It's on WM. 3 OC's and the RESULTS are the same. Everything else is just excuses.

It's on everyone including WM. WM is to blame for the hiring and atmosphere, but the other coaches bare just as much to blame in all this. Do you think WM makes all the calls, teaches the techniques for every position, is out with the juggs machine, etc... To say everything is just excuses for the way our defense has played the last two years, is just short sighted.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what Lane did, but there's (surely) a behind the scenes reason he's not sniffing the field.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;78178 said:
It's on everyone including WM. WM is to blame for the hiring and atmosphere, but the other coaches bare just as much to blame in all this. Do you think WM makes all the calls, teaches the techniques for every position, is out with the juggs machine, etc... To say everything is just excuses for the way our defense has played the last two years, is just short sighted.
I'm sorry, but WM must bear all of the responsibility. He's the boss and assembled the staff and team. It's been a cavalcade of excuses during his tenure. It needs to end.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n78196 said:
I'm sorry, but WM must bear all of the responsibility. He's the boss and assembled the staff and team. It's been a cavalcade of excuses during his tenure. It needs to end.

No one is saying that WM doesn't bear responsibility, but it's like blame Driskely for all 22 of the dropped passes. Everyone has a job to do. Muschamp isn't doing his, doesn't mean that everyone else gets a free pass. Durkin might be the worst DC we have had a Florida in 2 decades. I understand the want for accountability, but if you truly want that, then actually ask for true accountability. Do you really think that the rest of the coaching is going to do a complete 180 if Muschamp was fired today?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach 9 starting to sound just like The Chimp. Excuse after excuse after excuse.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;78199 said:
No one is saying that WM doesn't bear responsibility, but it's like blame Driskely for all 22 of the dropped passes. Everyone has a job to do. Muschamp isn't doing his, doesn't mean that everyone else gets a free pass. Durkin might be the worst DC we have had a Florida in 2 decades. I understand the want for accountability, but if you truly want that, then actually ask for true accountability. Do you really think that the rest of the coaching is going to do a complete 180 if Muschamp was fired today?
I don't give a rat's ass about the rest of the coaching staff. They are now impregnated with the funk of Muschamp. When he goes, I'm sure most/all of them will also. The only problem left will be to shampoo the carpets and fumigate the building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator