Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, stop right there. Take a breath. Let's continue the conversation without bashing.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
i think this spread offense is being forced down his throat, hbc is under pressure so he has to adapt. but i think he hates it. wait til the first interception and watch him human combust!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think if Muschamp had the exact thing he wanted, it would be a pro-style balanced offense that would run, pass and score points. The offense also would control the ball while scoring points allowing the defense to rest and be dominant. The problem he has had is that last year, his offense wasn't good enough to control the ball and score points. Who knows how they would have been had Driskel stayed healthy and the OL stayed healthy. It doesn't matter.

A good coach realizes that he may need to go away from his personal preference to be successful. Muschamp has done that by going to the spread offense. Muschamp has also stated he wants to make sure he gets the backup QB some reps in this game. I think that means he is going to try to score. I think Muschamp is probably as annoyed as anybody else about how inept the offense was in the past.

Bottom line is that Muschamp is not going to completely shut down the offense after the first turn-over. He knows he needs to win and win big.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Muschamp had things exactly the way he wanted he would have a clone of Alabama's offense, and no one on this board would complain. We just never had the line for it.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gatoravatara said:
OX,

Love ya to death, but Muschamp sucks as a head coach. He is the only one I am bashing, and its the first time I have done so. I don't expect much out of this season. For the first season ever, I'm not excited about watching the Gators play. But I will watch them, because I support my boys. But I don't have to be in love with this so called coach.
it felt good to get it out didnt it!

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What Knox and ATX said, he's always said he wanted a balanced O , In 2011 we passed a lot more, and in 2012 we were I believe at around 40-45 pass and 55-60 run,which near enough, Last year on top of Driskel and the O line we didn't have the weapons we have now. And no that wasn't a slap at Patton or our other receivers, most were true frosh and needed to mature and Taylor needed to bulk up and get deeper into the playbook. We also had a OC who couldn't hack it( and yes that's on WM) when it got tough. WM mentioned numerous times last year that he wanted to go quicker, gatorken,no fan of WM said repeatedly as did several other people that WM would be yelling at Pease to hurry up and to open up.It is what it is, in the past. So having a change to an O he doesn't want does not to me come in the equation. As to turnovers he's never shut down the pass game when we've turned it over.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gatoravatara said:
Dubster, I'm just getting started. I have been silent for too long. He almost turned me into an raging alcoholic last season.
hey brother, i feel your pain! but there are alot of people that think its acceptable to lose homecoming and lose to fcs schools. sorry i'm not one of them. the criticism is well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.