Will Muschamp Job Status Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
What Knox and ATX said, he's always said he wanted a balanced O , In 2011 we passed a lot more, and in 2012 we were I believe at around 40-45 pass and 55-60 run,which near enough, Last year on top of Driskel and the O line we didn't have the weapons we have now. And no that wasn't a slap at Patton or our other receivers, most were true frosh and needed to mature and Taylor needed to bulk up and get deeper into the playbook. We also had a OC who couldn't hack it( and yes that's on WM) when it got tough. WM mentioned numerous times last year that he wanted to go quicker, gatorken,no fan of WM said repeatedly as did several other people that WM would be yelling at Pease to hurry up and to open up.It is what it is, in the past. So having a change to an O he doesn't want does not to me come in the equation. As to turnovers he's never shut down the pass game when we've turned it over.
Considering your first few posts I wouldn't talk about anyone's credibility. You've got your opinion , it's a new friggin season , and yep you're right. It's all his fault that some 300 +lb piece of chit vole purposely rolled up and broke Driskels leg.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Question of the day: Is Gatoravatara an alias to Law? A more stressed and possibly more violent alias I might add...

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara said:
Woosha. Woosha. Woosha.
Chill Ava, or you won't be here for kick off. I reccommend The Purple Drank.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara said:
I cant say negative things about Him? I was lurking over at Gatorsports last season, and that is all anybody did. Am I late to the party?
Kinda. The pumpers have been on a whinefest and Ox is trying to temper it a little til game time. Many are nauseated just like you. Lotta seething just below the surface waiting to erupt.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor said:
Question of the day: Is Gatoravatara an alias to Law? A more stressed and possibly more violent alias I might add...
A more stressed version??? Good God man! Get yourself a hooker or a shot of heroine pronto!

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No offense taken, your pissed that's fine with me,quite frankly I don't care one way or the other. Probably would like to hangout. I'm fairly easy going but ,contrary to what Lagoon says , most people on here are a little sick of everything turning into a WM bashing fest. Like I said it's a new season. The team has looked good in practice and there's a lot of optimism. Some do want to wallow , but most are ready for Saturday. Go Gators

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n36109 said:
It's all his fault that some 300 +lb piece of chit vole purposely rolled up and broke Driskels leg.
If the only problem with the offense last year was the injuries then why was Pease fired?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
What Knox and ATX said, he's always said he wanted a balanced O , In 2011 we passed a lot more, and in 2012 we were I believe at around 40-45 pass and 55-60 run,which near enough, Last year on top of Driskel and the O line we didn't have the weapons we have now. And no that wasn't a slap at Patton or our other receivers, most were true frosh and needed to mature and Taylor needed to bulk up and get deeper into the playbook. We also had a OC who couldn't hack it( and yes that's on WM) when it got tough. WM mentioned numerous times last year that he wanted to go quicker, gatorken,no fan of WM said repeatedly as did several other people that WM would be yelling at Pease to hurry up and to open up.It is what it is, in the past. So having a change to an O he doesn't want does not to me come in the equation. As to turnovers he's never shut down the pass game when we've turned it over.
Right....Injuries. Muschamp excuse #38

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator said:
I think...
  1. Muschamp is at least as smart and knowledgeable about football as anyone on this board.
  2. most Gator fans were thrilled to transition from a spread attack to a pro-style "Alabama" offense that would not only be able to compete against the elite SEC defenses but also would attract top pro-style offensive recruits. I'm positive that both of those elements were touted as big positives when he came, following Meyer.
  3. Muschamp saw in 2012, through shamefully close wins to subpar opponents, that he needed to open up the offense more and stop relying so heavily on his defense.
  4. the staff was willing to open it up some last year (see Miami game), but lost their starting QB, had their 2nd QB injured, and tried to just hobble out the rest of the season.
  5. Muschamp has learned that his team is going to have to score points - and that his offense and OL need some decent coaching.
I really think that's reasonable. Say what you will about his tendencies and preferences, but we don't have much of a sample of him leading this team after the 2012 season when he's had a QB that the staff had confidence in. I hope I'm right that he has indeed learned that he needs an offense too.
I agree with this, but just as SOS needed to understand that you need a defense and you have to assign some of your best players there, Champ needs to understand that the offense needs talent and freedom to exploit the opportunities and use our strengths. No specific type of offense other than one that uses the talent you have to score.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara said:
Eurogator,

Muschamp does not know ****ake about offense. I could not care less if he loses his temper and screams at people. I only care about winning
Well I do care about his actions, they can be overly emotional which in my opinion is both a bad example and reduces the possibility of winning.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara said:
I'm trying to get to a better space but its really hard. I still have the last season on my DVR. Perhaps we can send that to Guantanamo Bay and have the terrorists watch that 24/7.
Just a suggestion but get rid of all of the recordings from last year. We have the coach we have and let's hope he has learned to score a lot.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Holy hell....well, at least this thread started out with potential for a normal discussion.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara said:
I cant say negative things about Him? I was lurking over at Gatorsports last season, and that is all anybody did. Am I late to the party?
Sure you can be critical but it does you little good (just as it does him no good) to be so emotional about it that you do damage. In your case damage to your health, in his damage to his potential career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator