Will Muschamp press conference recap

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Again mentioned Brandon Powell will get snaps on Saturday... i'm guessing he probably won't touch the ball :-)

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anytime you see a young man go through a tough situation it is very hard.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LSU has lost 18 players in the last 2 years... no way to recruit to fix that. Les can't say that, but I can say it for Les.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n72900 said:
What do you expect him to say? Driskel is now forced to be the starter thanks to the Harris situation. Might as well build his confidence up as much as possible.

And, yes, Driskel is the best option to start at QB. Grier hasn't practiced in weeks and Mornhinweg is the 4th string QB.

Yep but he really goes out of his way - very personal to him maybe because he was called out on starting him for weeks

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n72907 said:
Yep but he really goes out of his way - very personal to him maybe because he was called out on starting him for weeks

What would you prefer he say?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for these updates, ATX. :headbang:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n72909 said:
What would you prefer he say?

Stop stressing what everyone else did wrong instead of Driskel. Just say Jeff knows he needs to improve but we made mistakes as a team also and he is working to correct things etc. I don't remember a coach ever stressing so much and often what other players specifically did wrong when discussing a QB that is playing real bad.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's obvious Driskel's psyche is extremely delicate right now. Muschamp isn't going to criticize him in a press conference.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Good to see CJ and Powell will both play Saturday. Couple of playmakers. Jobs out there for the taking.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Unfortunately, he has to go out of his way to defend Driskel because the football acumen of so many does not allow them to see beyond the QB when something goes wrong on offense.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n72900 said:
What do you expect him to say? Driskel is now forced to be the starter thanks to the Harris situation. Might as well build his confidence up as much as possible.

And, yes, Driskel is the best option to start at QB. Grier hasn't practiced in weeks and Mornhinweg is the 4th string QB.

We've seen what Mornhinweg can do. I want no part of that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
coach9: Driskel has been awful. Don't even think of trying to sugar coat it. He has been terrible regardless of the other moving pieces. Do you disagree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator