Will Muschamp press conference recap

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
T REX;n72936 said:
coach9: Driskel has been awful. Don't even think of trying to sugar coat it. He has been terrible regardless of the other moving pieces. Do you disagree?

He has been awful at times. But I think his surrounding cast was the problem last week much more so than him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n72951 said:
He has been awful at times. But I think his surrounding cast was the problem last week much more so than him.

I hope you are kidding - he was terrible and most QBs get a couple of drops a game but he gets more because he throws the ball with no touch usually. Not saying others didn't mess up some but he was terrible against Tenn.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n72957 said:
I hope you are kidding - he was terrible and most QBs get a couple of drops a game but he gets more because he throws the ball with no touch usually. Not saying others didn't mess up some but he was terrible against Tenn.

I think what Muschamp said and I agree with this is that this is a team problem on offense. Driskel is part of the problem, but not the whole problem. Other players need to step up as well. If everybody minimized their mistakes then the offense as a whole gets better. He always mentions that Jeff knows he needs to play better.

I honestly think that Jeff is harder on himself than any coaches. I think Jeff gets down on himself with his mistakes and frustrated with himself. I think he doesn't have the short term memory that is needed to be successful. Unfortunately in this case... we need Jeff because I do think he gives us a better chance to win than either Grier or Skyler. His experience, ability to run, and knowledge of the offense puts us in a better position.

Even if Jeff doesn't improve... if everybody around him plays better the offense will be better. if Jeff improves also then great things can happen, but I don't have confidence in that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n72960 said:
I think what Muschamp said and I agree with this is that this is a team problem on offense. Driskel is part of the problem, but not the whole problem. Other players need to step up as well. If everybody minimized their mistakes then the offense as a whole gets better. He always mentions that Jeff knows he needs to play better.

I honestly think that Jeff is harder on himself than any coaches. I think Jeff gets down on himself with his mistakes and frustrated with himself. I think he doesn't have the short term memory that is needed to be successful. Unfortunately in this case... we need Jeff because I do think he gives us a better chance to win than either Grier or Skyler. His experience, ability to run, and knowledge of the offense puts us in a better position.

Even if Jeff doesn't improve... if everybody around him plays better the offense will be better. if Jeff improves also then great things can happen, but I don't have confidence in that.

I agree about Jeff but I think Muschamp may be rubbing the team the wrong way and that is why you saw them respond so much when Driskel was yanked.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I'm not a pumper and I'm not a fan of Muschamp, however, I think he takes the attacks on Driskel personal. Whether he is a good coach or not is beside the point, but he really seems to treat the kids like family and he defends them like their his own. I think he does the same thing with the University, which is why he was so quick to make a dig at the UT fans. He was truly pissed that someone was attacking his university and his "family". Not saying that absolves him from any of his poor leadership and lack of player development, but I do have to admire the way he takes attacks on his players to heart..

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I guarantee you Jeff gets all the criticism he needs in the film room after games. WM isn't going to throw JD or any other player under the bus in a press conference unless it involves bad behavior off the field.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n72884 said:
Building Jeff's confidence by focusing on all the positives that he has had in his career.

Boy, that must have been a short conversation.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n72900 said:
What do you expect him to say? Driskel is now forced to be the starter thanks to the Harris situation. Might as well build his confidence up as much as possible.

And, yes, Driskel is the best option to start at QB. Grier hasn't practiced in weeks and Mornhinweg is the 4th string QB.
It bothers the hell out of me when people defend driskel and shake morningwig off.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n72961 said:
Originally posted by ATXGator View Post

I agree about Jeff but I think Muschamp may be rubbing the team the wrong way and that is why you saw them respond so much when Driskel was yanked.

I don't know if he rubs the team the wrong way or if they just have lost confidence in Jeff. If that is the case showing them that they can help by stepping up their play to make the whole team successful is probably the right thing. Unfortunately, due to the situation Jeff will be starting, we need the team to step up and help him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n72951 said:
His receivers haven't helped him, but he's not a good quarterback. And that's me being kind. I'd be all for putting Skyler in, that's how little confidence I have that Driskel is going to get better. We've seen enough at this point.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A mysterious Adam Lane mention.

On Florida’s deep roster of backup running backs, specifically sophomore Kelvin Taylor and redshirt senior Mack Brown: “They’ve both been outstanding, and they’re both competitive guys. They both want to play. There’s one ball right now. Both of those guys, I expect their roles to maybe, depending on how we move forward in the next 72 hours with Matt, which I expect him to play, but I’ve got confidence in Kelvin, I’ve got confidence in Mack Brown, Adam Lane has been over repping with our guys the last couple days just in case, a guy that I’ve got tremendous confidence in him as well. Talk about a hard guy to tackle, a low center of gravity; a strong, tough back that catches the ball well out of the backfield. And then you add Brandon Powell to the mix of a guy that’s going to get some snaps Saturday in some different roles. I’m excited about that position. I think it’s pretty obvious to everyone in that ballgame that Matt Jones gets heavy as the game goes and he ran extremely well.”

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/10/08/201...rs-preparations-for-lsu-tigers/#ixzz3FZnd3YxR
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel has his issues and the recievers have their issues. To complain about one without the other is a mistake. Driskel has been downright awful in the first halves against Kentucky and Alabama. Probably has his worst total game against Tennesse. The recievers had their worst game against Tennesse. Both the quarterback and the recievers have jobs to do, and they both should do their jobs. Driskel is the starter, not the best position to be in but that is where we are. The bitching and moaning about the fact Driskel is the starter at this point is moot. When Driskel does hit the reciever in the hands or especially the chest that should be a caught ball, no excuses that should be a caught ball.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather see Grier than Skyler. I saw what Skyler could do and it was really really bad. Worse that Driskel and it isn't even close... IMO.

Skyler doesn't have the ability to have a half like Driskel had in the 2nd half against UK. While I agree that Driskel is bad and I think if Treon was avail we would definitely need to go another direction, I also recognize that Driskel can at times be good.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n72898 said:
On the fight... "we've made a big one out of this"... "it was over cleats"

Nobody stole anything "if anybody stole anything they wouldn't be on the team"

If this happened on the practice field instead of outside the stadium on more "public" (i.e., publicly viewed) property, would this even be a story? The coaches would have handled it right then and there. IMO, it's been handled properly and it's over with.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I believe this week we will see a difference in the passing game and it is because of CJ Worton. I know he is freshman but the kid has great hands and route running ability. Also he plays in the slot where most of our drops have come from. I think he will make some good catches early that will aid in opening things up a bit for some play action as well as free up DRob more on the outside. It will will also give JD a bit of confidence and will be enough to give us the win. Not saying JD will be light years better, but I think he will do enough to win. Go Gators!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Atleast we can take a shot down field with morningwig and there's a possibility of it being within 10 yards of the receiver. I wouldn't be opposed to having Alvin Bailey run the wildcat the entire game. Driskel is that bad and his teammates have given up on him.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I'm afraid kelvin Taylor is wasting his eligibility here. If the season plays out as it has I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred. **** in response to muschamps comments regarding rbs

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatormac2112;n73026 said:
I'm afraid kelvin Taylor is wasting his eligibility here. If the season plays out as it has I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred.

Because he has underpreformed this year? How is he wasting his eligibility?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n73028 said:
Because he has underpreformed this year? How is he wasting his eligibility?

He hasn't been given the ball hardly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.