Will Muschamp press conference recap

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n73154 said:
Would JD walk on the field and immediately start for any other SEC team? Doubtful. He has no leadership skills and doesn't have the confidence of his teammates, no matter how much Duncechamp wants to spin it. Just look at the body language before and after Treon came in the game, a complete 180 degree turn to the positive.

Start Grier or Skyler and let the chips fall where they may. It can't be any worse than JD starting.

Grier hasn't practiced in 2 weeks... Skyler is learning to be a future coach and that is all. Treon is suspended. Jeff is what we got. He is a big part of the problem, but if the receivers make some catches then it makes a difference and maybe the offense moves forward and scores some points and our defense holds LSU and we win.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n73155 said:
Grier hasn't practiced in 2 weeks... Skyler is learning to be a future coach and that is all. Treon is suspended. Jeff is what we got. He is a big part of the problem, but if the receivers make some catches then it makes a difference and maybe the offense moves forward and scores some points and our defense holds LSU and we win.

Point taken, but Grier is a coaches kid, and has more football acumen already as a true freshman than JD ever will.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n73133 said:
Nobody is defending anything. Just calling out the ridiculous 8-10 completion premise. Comprehension is not your friend.
You may do better taking on the bashers. They rarely bring facts to the table.

I see this place is going to be another edition of
OX News - Fair and Balanced
20 -51 is pretty close to 8-10 completions per game wouldn't you say

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like the argument that morningwig is learning to be a coach because I'd take that right now. Hell I'd bet money Kurt roper' s big ass could come out of the booth and complete more passes than driskel.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
t-gator;n73158 said:
20 -51 is pretty close to 8-10 completions per game wouldn't you say

Averaging 19 completions a game. 15 if you want to throw out the creampuff. So, no.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n73157 said:
Point taken, but Grier is a coaches kid, and has more football acumen already as a true freshman than JD ever will.

I trust Harris more than the other quarterbacks listed, because we have seen it on the field. We have had a few quarterbacks who were coaches kids or best overall in their class who didn't pan out. So if I had to pick between the two (Grier or Mornghweg) with Grier back issues, I would go Mornghweg.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n73165 said:
Averaging 19 completions a game. 15 if you want to through out the creampuff. So, no.

in his last two outings he's averaged 10 completions a game. My reference to him possibly only completing 8-10 passes is not unrealistic dude.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
t-gator;n73169 said:
in his last two outings he's averaged 10 completions a game. My reference to him possibly only completing 8-10 passes is not unrealistic dude.

If you need to cook the books to make an argument, you go right ahead. I'm not going to stop you. Or entertain the premise.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n73170 said:
If you need to cook the books to make an argument, you go right ahead. I'm not going to stop you. Or entertain the premise.
How am I cooking the books? that actually happened

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n73168 said:
I trust Harris more than the other quarterbacks listed, because we have seen it on the field. We have had a few quarterbacks who were coaches kids or best overall in their class who didn't pan out. So if I had to pick between the two (Grier or Mornghweg) with Grier back issues, I would go Mornghweg.

Remember that what Muschamp said is that they will make the determination on backup at gametime. This means that Muschamp is giving them both a chance depending on how they do in practice. Maybe he is waiting to make sure Grier's back is OK to announce... who knows, but the backup spot is not set yet. I would have been pissed if Harris didn't start over Driskel, but Harris is not currently on the team, so I think Driskel is the best option we have right now. It's a sad state of affairs.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n73175 said:
Remember that what Muschamp said is that they will make the determination on backup at gametime. This means that Muschamp is giving them both a chance depending on how they do in practice. Maybe he is waiting to make sure Grier's back is OK to announce... who knows, but the backup spot is not set yet. I would have been pissed if Harris didn't start over Driskel, but Harris is not currently on the team, so I think Driskel is the best option we have right now. It's a sad state of affairs.

Driskel is going to start, and it is just a decision on who is behind him. I believe with Grier's back issues and his redshirt status, Moringhweg is the better option.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Does anybody remember in the days pre-muschamp. When there was a division on the team because of quarterbacks. Was it Tebow/leak? Seemed like the team was rooting for one of the QBs and played better when he was in.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n73179 said:
Does anybody remember in the days pre-muschamp. When there was a division on the team because of quarterbacks. Was it Tebow/leak? Seemed like the team was rooting for one of the QBs and played better when he was in.

Tebow/Leak was the most recent one. There was Johnson/Palmer for a while. Grossman/Berlin but that didnt' last long. I remember when there was Dean/Wuerfell which didn't last long because of Dean's mouth and decision making.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
The only thing I'll say about Driskel is that the drops in my opinion, are partly on him. Everything comes out of his hand hot. It's like he can't help it, he has to throw the ball 100 mph. For example... the pick that went through Westbrook's hands, everyone wants to blame Westbrook, but the ball came out so hot and over his head with no touch so, like many of Jeff's passes, it hit his hands and bounced off. When Treon came in the game on a big 3rd down, he hit Westbrook on the sideline, it was a high throw, and *gasp* Westbrook caught it. Treon has touch on his passes.

Anyway, my rant about Driskel is done. I like hearing that Worton and Powell will have roles in the passing game this weekend. Anything we can throw at somebody they haven't prepared for is always good. Also, IF Jones doesn't play could we see Adam Lane? I mean Will always talks about how Jones gets heavy in the fourth quarter and I know he does, but I've constantly heard our guys say Lane is the toughest guy they've ever had to tackle. So I don't imagine he is real light in the fourth. Looking forward to the game and watching this young team take another step forward Saturday. Go Gators.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee our WR coach needs to take his crew aside, have them run the problem routes until they can do them properly in their sleep. The folks who have drops should have to catch a lot. After all he is a QB and I bet can simulate somewhat poor throws for them. Practicing perfection makes perfect and if you can't run your routes or catch the ball someone else needs to get your spot. In the game same deal, drops get someone else to play.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n73131 said:
Only you could defend 20 for 51 the last two weeks. 20 for 51! Next you'll tell us that the WR's have simply dropped all 31 incompletions.

No, only 15 of them.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
VulcanAlex;n73192 said:
Gee our WR coach needs to take his crew aside, have them run the problem routes until they can do them properly in their sleep. The folks who have drops should have to catch a lot. After all he is a QB and I bet can simulate somewhat poor throws for them. Practicing perfection makes perfect and if you can't run your routes or catch the ball someone else needs to get your spot. In the game same deal, drops get someone else to play.
I don't think Chris Leak could throw a bad pass if his life depended on it. LOL

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel is the biggest problem with the offense. Period. Are there drops? Sure. I watch NFL games that are riddled with them and the QBs continue to make plays and overcome the drops. He's abysmal. Grier needs to get some serious practice time this week.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n73133 said:
OX News - Fair and Balanced
I like that. I think I'll steal it as my own.

Whenever I read your takes, I see Baghdad Bob.

:bob:

"Driskel is fine. No issues. Don't believe what you see with your own eyes, just trust me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.