Winston Code of Conduct hearing - UPDATE - cleared of ALL charges

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I know more than likely Okaland will draft this idiot in the first round in April. However, what are the chances of an ACC or an NCAA investigation taking place? I think they have something to go off of with the Penn State "Lack of institutional control". I am intersted in hearing from the "GCMB Counsle" (yeah I filed this with the patten office...LOL) on this. :scratchchin::popcorn:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n134922 said:
The guy whos car he demolished was interviewed and said it was very apparent that he ran b/c both he and his buddy in the car (the other starting fsu CB) were both drunk and reaked of alcohol. Might as well mention that part as well...

Didn't remember the alcohol part.

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody talks about how he will be gone right after they play their last FB game but I think he wants to stick around long enough to play baseball this year too.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well he must be innocent then.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

In Tallahassee safe at home.

In Gainesville you're out

Attachments

• conv_1685.gif
    conv_1685.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 43

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I would like to say I'm surprised, but... :nole:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well...you know this was the expected result. The State Attorney even stated that the investigation was mishandled and by the time he got to it there was insufficient evidence to file charges. I believe all of that is true.

The bigger picture, though, is the investigation timeline itself and school's obligation to follow established procedures. This is where the cover up is and the Title IX investigation is still in play. As has been pointed out before, there is substantial public information regarding these failures and I suspect that they cannot be ignored. And the NCAA is lurking...trust me...

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Nothing will ever come of this or anything else that school does. It just won't and thats the way it has been, is, and forever will be.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
th

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Wait. First I was stunned, but I see this article is based on Cornwell's tweet. Cornwell will say anything. It might be true, but there will be more to story- whether it is told or not. . I get my deceptiove lawyer signals about the words used. Also, still don't know if the panel makes the decision, or a recommendation of decision as well as recommendation of consequence. Unfortunately, they are not done with the girl, either. I hope nothing else happens, but this makes it look more probable. This is not going to be good if there is truth behind cornwell's statement. . It will play out well for winston during the draft process though, it looks like.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like the Judge just basically said there wasn't enough evidence there to meet a preponderance of the evidence standard. I am starting to think she will even strike out in civil court if she sues now.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Got this from another site, it is victim's attorney's response to the decision:
Clune's Response:

"We are stunned and dismayed by the order," he said in a statement to the Orlando Sentinel. "It’s not a 'decision' at all but a statement that the judge couldn’t decide."

"Of the four people in that apartment only one, our client, testified and she answered any and all questions about what happened," Clune said. "The three football players, Jameis Winston, Chris Casher, and Ronald Darby, all refused to testify and answer questions and somehow Jameis Winston still wins. The Order doesn’t even follow the Student Conduct Code and it ignores the bulk of the evidence.

"There are certainly glaring bases for appeal, but at some point we have to recognize that Florida State is never going to hold Jameis Winston responsible."

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Sounds like the Judge just basically said there wasn't enough evidence there to meet a preponderance of the evidence standard.

I'm thinking if you delay investigation, delay inquiry, delay any discussion...there's a chance that evidence will be diluted to the point of
nobody remembers anything and witnesses move on with their lives. Another swept under the run indiscretion, score one for the Noles,
again. Funny how Winston is guilty if nothing and Cashers has already served his penalty for Winston doing nothing?>>?>?

Go Ducks

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator