Winston Code of Conduct hearing - UPDATE - cleared of ALL charges

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n134958 said:
Didn't remember the alcohol part.

Yeah, pretty sure that was in the N.Y. Times article. It was like 2:00 AM and the guy who had his car totaled was on his way home from his job after the closing shift at the Olive Garden. Poor guy gets demolished like he was a 140 lb HS freshman WR coming over the middle in front of Matt Elam. Meanwhile 2 or more f$u football players leap out of the car and run for it. They came back half and hour later like.....:whistle:

The kid stated one of them came up to him and apologized and started saying, "...we just have so much to lose...blah, blah" before one of their friends on the scene told him to shut up and stop talking. Meanwhile, Tally cops just issue the criminole a ticket (and NOT even a "LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT" TICKET) and send him on his way. The article I read said their research could find nowhere else where the perpetrator had been treated with such leniency. In fact, there was a case where a guy dinged a car in a friggin' parking lot, went home, called the police and reported himself and got a harsher penalty than the athlete who totaled a car at 2:00 AM and then jumped out of the car and ran for his life.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
uncle-jesse-full-house-why-am-i-not-surprised.gif

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
oxrageous;n135972 said:
:rolleyes:

Embarrassing.

You and I do not know what truly transpired that night. What I DO know is that this case has been vetted by THREE different entities which have all come to the same conclusion. I will defer to them and accept it for what it is. This case has been beaten like a dead horse. It's now time to move on. I'm sure the folks at Warchant will be more than happy to discuss this matter on their board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WDCGator;n135970 said:
Case closed. Time to move on. Maybe, just maybe, he is innocent.

Nope. The Clown court will just pizz off the victim. I dont blame her. Id file that billion dollar suit against them all tomorrow and get to a real court.

Id like to say we missed you WDC but we know it isnt true.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The bigger story all along is the incestuous love triangle between Tallahassee / Leon County law enforcement, the State's Attorney's Office and the FSU administration (top to bottom). I doubt the NY Times is done with these clowns.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WDCGator;n135979 said:
You and I do not know what truly transpired that night. What I DO know is that this case has been vetted by THREE different entities which have all come to the same conclusion. I will defer to them and accept it for what it is. This case has been beaten like a dead horse. It's now time to move on. I'm sure the folks at Warchant will be more than happy to discuss this matter on their board.
We all know why you want to "move on". Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WDCGator;n135970 said:
Case closed. Time to move on. Maybe, just maybe, he is innocent.

Or maybe the investigation was so f*cked up from day 1 that it became impossible for any justice to be served.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n136004 said:
Or maybe the investigation was so f*cked up from day 1 that it became impossible for any justice to be served.

Yep, looks like the Tally PD did their jobs very well. That is, their job of covering up any wrong doings of highly valued :nole: football players.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014

This x 1000. I am so sick and tired of reading and hearing from misguided FSU homers that we all should "just move on" as if the facts surrounding the so-called "investigation," botched and butchered as it was, has resulted in Winston being proven innocent. All that has happened to date is that a student code of conduct hearing was held where Winston stood mute along with his two cohorts. Based upon his attorney's statement of the facts of the incident relayed to him by Winston--but refusing to be questioned on them-- the judge could not state with any surety what actually happened and thus FSU is handed precisely what they wanted and what the whole world expected to happen: Winston gets to continue playing football. This is NOT about race, but it is most assuredly about prejudice, bias and the failure of state agencies to do their jobs by applying the law expeditiously and without favoritism.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I personally don't think a University should allow a student-athlete on scholarship to play if they refuse to cooperate with a criminal investigation. The student has a right not to answer questions, and the University has a right to pull a scholarship.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
oxrageous;n136001 said:
We all know why you want to "move on". Same 'ol, same 'ol.

I see you're still beating that drum. You gotta let go of that hate, man. It will consume you. I buried the hatchet a long time ago and suggest that you do the same. No need to let old rivalries carry over to this new board. What's in the past is in the past. I've come here to discuss football and such matters, not to bicker over silliness.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014

And this is a very likely scenario, as well. Who knows what really happened. I'm just sick of hearing about the dude and the Noles.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n136040 said:
I personally don't think a University should allow a student-athlete on scholarship to play if they refuse to cooperate with a criminal investigation. The student has a right not to answer questions, and the University has a right to pull a scholarship.
Even the simplest most straightforward oral statement is easily manipulated by lawyers and the press. There is a good reason for the 5th Amendment.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n136045 said:
Even the simplest most straightforward oral statement is easily manipulated by lawyers and the press. There is a good reason for the 5th Amendment.
Sure there is. But that has nothing to do with his scholarship.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WDCGator;n136043 said:
I see you're still beating that drum.
No, you mean YOU are still beating that drum when you came to his defense, for reasons we're all very aware of.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
oxrageous;n136065 said:
No, you mean YOU are still beating that drum when you came to his defense, for reasons we're all very aware of.

Not going to argue with you, Ox. Like I said earlier, my arguing and bickering days on the GSMB are over. Not going to let that spill over here. Wish you would do the same, but that's on you. With that said, you've done a good job with this place -- well done. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n136045 said:
The Fifth Amendment has zero applicability.

I heard the faculty are livid. This could get very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.