Women's (Softball) College World Series thread

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We get The Barn/UCLA winner tomorrow at 1 correct, and the Bammer/LSU winner follows against scUM north at 3:30?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n228587 said:
This Auburn game is crazy.

Sure is. They're gonna have nothing left tomorrow. :)

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And it's Auburn. Looks like a crazy game with UCLA tonight. Liking our chances to advance to the 'ship.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
grengadgy;n228328 said:
Yeah, me too. We beat Michigan twice earlier in the year. Scores were 2-1 & 7-4 Gators.

That's correct!

I forgot that we played them twice. I remembered about the first game we played them, when we won 2-1.

A few thoughts:

1. By all accounts, Michigan is a better team and has definitely been playing better and has a 25+ win streak since that last game we beat them 7-4, but we are playing as good if not better now, as well..especially on the mound with Lauren Haeger dominating, which brings me to the second point..

2. Lauren Haeger wasn't our ace back then and we still beat them twice without her pitching AT ALL. Lauren was the not often thought about third pitcher back then when we played them.

3. We still have to beat Auburn once and they still have to beat LSU once for this matchup to even happen.

Not sure who I'd rather face if we do advance, LSU or Michigan, but either way..this should be fun, and I like our chances no matter who we play these last few games! Only one we know we'll play for sure, obviously, is Auburn. If you're lucky enough to be at the game(s?) today, cheer loud! GOOOO GATORS!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n228707 said:
Yes, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings at 8 pm EST.

Just Monday and Tuesday. ;)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who ever the center fielder is, she ain't nothin but the truth. That girl is a baller.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well we don't seem as sharp as we have been especially the two errors where in the past we would have made them. Now perhaps they are offset by the two great plays from the outfield to stop runs scoring. Simple!!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Almost score on a sac fly to end it, but the girl had come off the bag and had to go back to 3rd before trying to score. Had she waited at 3rd for the girl to catch it, she would have made it.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Our batting average is **** with RISP. Keep that up and we aren't winning jack.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n228761 said:
Our batting average is **** with RISP. Keep that up and we aren't winning jack.

In fairness, the ball that girl hit should have been good enough to score the run. Runner on 3rd just misplayed the situation.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n228763 said:
In fairness, the ball that girl hit should have been good enough to score the run. Runner on 3rd just misplayed the situation.

Oh no doubt about that Sas, but overall, we're playing with fire not capitalizing on RISP chances. If we could just get to the Mendoza Line with RISP, we would be cruising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator