Women's (Softball) College World Series thread

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n228829 said:
Hopefully the girls break our awful record against Michigan athletics. :gah:

Not that earlier play matters but our girls have already beaten Michigan softball twice this season.

2-1 in the 2nd game and 7-4 in 25th game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I find it odd that some players run forward and hit the ball instead of maintaining their stance and hitting the ball.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n228871 said:
I find it odd that some players run forward and hit the ball instead of maintaining their stance and hitting the ball.

They're called slappers. Most don't hit for power, but try and place it in the gap or simply outrun the defense.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Yes lots of unusual things in Softball. I thought that the player who tried to avoid the tag at home should have been out automatically for leaving the base path. I checked and they have a rule that you can go outside three feet. I think it needs changes to be if you run on the grass you are out, three feet is subjective or make the non grass three feet.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's no Gator sport more enjoyable to watch right now than women's softball, and God bless Jeremy Foley for helping us all realize that. The camaraderie on this team is special. When you think about the long road trips these girls take, cooped up in hotel rooms together, the secrets they share with each other, the pillow fights in their underwear, doubling up in the queen-sized bed at night and holding each other for comfort....to me it's more exciting than football. Then the dogpiles after victories and the playful interactions in the shower. Just nothing better.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n228899 said:
There's no Gator sport more enjoyable to watch right now than women's softball, and God bless Jeremy Foley for helping us all realize that. The camaraderie on this team is special. When you think about the long road trips these girls take, cooped up in hotel rooms together, the secrets they share with each other, the pillow fights in their underwear, doubling up in the queen-sized bed at night and holding each other for comfort....to me it's more exciting than football. Then the dogpiles after victories and the playful interactions in the shower. Just nothing better.

This post is worthless without pictures.... ;)

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n228448 said:
I don't really care. There was no thread at all for baseball before I started one. So it must not have been that important to anyone. Seems like most of the guys on here would rather watch softball. :uhoh:

You can start 3 threads a day about baseball for all I care.

Someone in a bad mood today?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n228758 said:
Almost score on a sac fly to end it, but the girl had come off the bag and had to go back to 3rd before trying to score. Had she waited at 3rd for the girl to catch it, she would have made it.

Yep. Very annoying seeing that play.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n228930 said:
fetch

:hot:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n228817 said:
I don't mind the chatter, but that dumbass pizza shtick from Michigan is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. :headslap:

:exactly:

Annoying as hell.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;228877 said:
They're called slappers. Most don't hit for power, but try and place it in the gap or simply outrun the defense.

I wonder why they don't do that in baseball. Maybe the ball is too small and fast

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy the Gators won. Should be a great series against Michigan.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n228937 said:
Happy the Gators won. Should be a great series against Michigan.

My idea of "great" is crushing them by large number of runs and only two games to get another NC. I like games where we win big, others not so much.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n228935 said:
I wonder why they don't do that in baseball. Maybe the ball is too small and fast

I think, more than anything, it's the difference in the distance to the bases. Softball is much shorter and you see 10x more infield hits than in baseball. The shorter distance is also why the base runner can't get a lead in softball. Otherwise, there would be like 100 stolen bases per game. :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;228940 said:
I think, more than anything, it's the difference in the distance to the bases. Softball is much shorter and you see 10x more infield hits than in baseball. The shorter distance is also why the base runner can't get a lead in softball. Otherwise, there would be like 100 stolen bases per game. :lol:

I'm getting an edumucation today.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n228940 said:

I get all that. But I dont understand how it is legal. They are usually WAY out of the batter's box when they hit the ball. Or maybe there is no rule about stepping out of the box or on the plate in softball.

I'll need Pasty to dive deeper into these girls slapping balls around in their box.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think you guys need to stop trying to apply baseball rules to softball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator