Women's (Softball) College World Series thread

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Clutch hit by DeWitt. Auburn gave them a run for their money. Glad Haeger gets to rest up before the title series.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It would be nice to see the Corndogs at least win one and force another game this evening. We'll take every edge we can get at this point.

If I am not mistaken, DeWitt's hit was the first of the day with RISP. Got to come out tomorrow evening in pure kill mode.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What a gutsy performance. We weren't on our A game, but they managed to find a way to get it done. Go Gators!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What a game. Barn scored 2 on 11 hits. That's either some clutch D or clutch pitching. Let's win the whole damn thing now.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Congrats Gator Girls! Walton said he wants to build a UCLA type of softball team at UF and I don't know if he can do that but he's building something special.

My 2 main concerns are the 160 pitches Haeger threw and being outhit 11 - 4 by Auburn. Can't win by the long ball all the time. I hope to see some small ball runs in the championship series.

Gators hung tough and got it done. It reminds me of the 2009 WCWS team. Scoring by the long ball and great starting pitching.

Congrats to the Tigers on an unreal season. Their coach is great. I never thought he could make Auburn softball relevant so fast.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Luarie Haeger reminds me of Danielle Lawrie. But Lauren is a better hitter than Lawrie was in college. Both are tough as nails horses and great pitchers and leaders. I hope Haeger has enough to get it done in the championship series. If not the Gators better get her some runs.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
They were VERY hesitant at the plate today. They looked like they're afraid to swing the bat. Gotta swing the bats tomorrow.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n228782 said:
They were VERY hesitant at the plate today. They looked like they're afraid to swing the bat. Gotta swing the bats tomorrow.

I felt like they were trying to make the pitcher work, but it sure didn't equate to much offense. Gotta give props to Auburn for battling like they did after yesterday, too.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n228781 said:
Luarie Haeger reminds me of Danielle Lawrie. But Lauren is a better hitter than Lawrie was in college. Both are tough as nails horses and great pitchers and leaders. I hope Haeger has enough to get it done in the championship series. If not the Gators better get her some runs.

It would be great to get some more run support, but we might need some good innings from another pitchers. Lots of pitches today for one individual to make.

Today's game was stressful for me, too many errors and too little timely hitting as well as some base running issues. I hope things are better in the finals.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
When did softball games become filled with constant shouting and chatter. I have to mute that. It's worse than a stadium full of vuvuzelas.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n228805 said:
When did softball games become filled with constant shouting and chatter. I have to mute that. It's worse than a stadium full of vuvuzelas.

I don't mind the chatter, but that dumbass pizza shtick from Michigan is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. :headslap:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MJMGator;n228817 said:
I don't mind the chatter, but that dumbass pizza shtick from Michigan is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. :headslap:
These games are proof women talk more than men. :blahblah:

I don't mind if they get fired up when bases are loaded or something. But they don't shut up the entire game. Michigan even had their entire half of the stadium chanting stupid cheers the whole time.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n228805 said:

It's always been like that. Softball is definitely a sport to see and not hear. Hopefully the girls break our awful record against Michigan athletics. :gah:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n228829 said:
It's always been like that. Softball is definitely a sport to see and not hear. Hopefully the girls break our awful record against Michigan athletics. :gah:

Yes the girls seem to do unusual things, some team had a fish in the dugout.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n228841 said:
some team had a fish in the dugout.

4410029-7537173265-mjl.g.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.