Who starts in the fall

• Total voters

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I tend to be a more positive thinker so vote for Franks. The most talented guy winning the job and taking off with it is best case scenario.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My hope is one of the frosh, but my fear is that it's ldr. Not because Mac is stubborn or stuck on stupid or anything, but bc Del rio is actually still better at that point than the others.

I have real concerns about Mac and/or Nuss's abilities to develop qbs. So far the qb guru has looked like anything but.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
LDR will miss spring which will give one of the Fraski to emerge as the leader going in to fall. There's a good possibility that LDR doesn't fully recover or really has the will to recover. He has graduated and is smart enough to know he'll never play at the next level. His 2 3/4 healthy starts were unremarkable other than to note that he doesn't have the arm strength to make the throws demanded by the offense. Despite the fears of the conspiracy theorists I expect to see one of the Fraski under center.
Works for me.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sobering thought of the day.....This will be the first year in ages when the offense will HAVE to win games.......Sadly I see no one at the QB spot who is likely to have that skill set......and none of them including LDR have a whole lot of experience....This season will be a defining one for UF football. Either Mac develops a true big time quality CFB QB or bye bye.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Butters and Nusschump WILL play LDR if he is healthy until Butters is fired.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
If LDR can do it, they likely trot him out for the beginning of the Michigan game, but he will probably share or give way to one of the others. He's not the future plan. Plus, I don't think we get through the season with only one QB, anyway. Play who will win us each game, I say, just win.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, how in the actual eff can anyone possibly say this?
Probably because Trask didn't throw tons of INT's in last year's spring game while Franks did. However, that was one game and we really have no clue how they compare now a year later. Guess we'll find out soon.

But on the topic, I suspect LDR will be the starter because Mac is loyal to a fault.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
It's not who starts, it's who finishes. Will Mac have the guts to pull LDR (if he starts) and go w' someone else? Time will tell!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whoever it is it better be decided by the end of spring. We had better have one guy who stands out from this mediocre crew or we're really screwed. If not then I'm guessing Mac will go with LDR because he has game experience and is a known quantity going into a game against a team like Michigan. It would be the safe bet but the short sighted bet.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, how in the actual eff can anyone possibly say this?
Just more bs from chief mac apologizer. Yes, either of them seem like much better decision makers with that zero college snap sample size. No turnovers so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator