“Swamp Kings” on Netflix released

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’m 1.5 episodes in, but so far disappointed that they didn’t give much if any attention to Leak. Yes, he wasn’t a fit for Mullen’s offense, but in 2006 his production was on par with his sophomore season under Fedora. Tebow added tough runs into the mix, but Leak also had a huge run against Alabama. That win, after the prior year’s debacle at Tuscaloosa, showed Meyer’s spread could work in the SEC.

Maybe his post-UF issues rubbed the producers the wrong way.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well, it appears that Urban was much like some posters here. Nothing was good enough. He stressed about win margins, being perfect, the next season after winning it all. Poor bastrdd. He could not be happy. I think time has healed Urban. I hope the same for some here.
I loved the entire thing. Rainey came from shtttt. Timmy had his eyes opened by his team mates. The reunion was good,. Like some I wish they could have interviewed Leak and others. But The ones they did performed. It put us in a great light if you ask me. Pressure was on them so much. Urban belongs on that wall.

368008766_263717893108919_2467503335398618508_n.jpg

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I’m think a lot of the interviews were done a few years back. Someone on Twitter pointed out that Meyer seemed to be sitting in a room with the Jaguar stadium being seen in the distance. Maybe he was still coach of the Jags, and Mullen was still coach of the Gators?

Seems likely--many of the clips clearly show the Matthews Bridge in the background, so could've been filmed at the Jaguar stadium itself.

Also know Netflix had been asking for footage from around that era in Gainesville over a year and a half ago.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well, it appears that Urban was much like some posters here. Nothing was good enough. He stressed about win margins, being perfect, the next season after winning it all. Poor bastrdd. He could not be happy. I think time has healed Urban. I hope the same for some here.
I loved the entire thing. Rainey came from shtttt. Timmy had his eyes opened by his team mates. The reunion was good,. Like some I wish they could have interviewed Leak and others. But The ones they did performed. It put us in a great light if you ask me. Pressure was on them so much. Urban belongs on that wall.

View attachment 60988

It’s not the worst post in the world. But it could be way better.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Good interview with Tate Casey about the series and that era. Well worth the listen.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ahmed Black was great with his line “ I ****ing hate Georgia “ . The locker room stuff was great. Lets go beat the **** out of this team etc.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I noticed in the last episode the verse Tebow had on his eye black in the 2009 SECCG. John‬ ‭16‬:‭33:

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
‭‭
Ironic given the overwhelming disappointment and frustration he felt that day.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I noticed in the last episode the verse Tebow had on his eye black in the 2009 SECCG. John‬ ‭16‬:‭33:

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
‭‭
Ironic given the overwhelming disappointment and frustration he felt that day.
I noticed the $$$ on the other guys :lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Loved every bit of the first two episodes. I’m ready to headbutt a MFer right now. Will see the next two tomorrow.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Finished it yesterday. It is a fun walk down memory lane behind the scenes. It skimmed over some key points - 2005 UGA, Mullen’s departure, Percy’s big run vs. Oklahoma, Dunlap’s DUI to cite a few.

I hope recruits see it. It helps build the vision for returning to glory.

It also underscores why Billy’s plan & approach are the right path. Meyer’s way was great for the turnaround and those Tebow years, but led to burnout for him and his players.

And Finebaum is an a$$hat. That olive on a toothpick Bammer was the wrong overview guy.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Watched all the episodes last night, because once I started watching, I couldn't stop. Loved it.

And I love that Napier had a team watch-party this week. This new generation of players needs to learn about the intensity required to win.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Ahmad Black on the 2007 secondary:

“We had a true freshman at corner, started a new starter in Wondy Pierre Louis at the other corner, a true freshman safety in Major Wright and, you know, I love Kyle Jackson but, I mean, you know. It was tough, man.

Animated GIF

(Dooley Noted Podcast)

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Finished it last night and they could have talked about others more and focused on a few things longer, but pretty good and left most of the bad out. Still can't believe how much time they spent on the 06 season and not one mention of Reggie Nelson and how amazing he was for that defense. They could have made an entire episode over just his play that year.
Didn't Urban call Reggie "The Eraser"? Helped "erase" mistakes.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Urban call Reggie "The Eraser"? Helped "erase" mistakes.
Fans called him that too. One of the best safetys ever at Florida. He was unbelievable in his ability to cross space to make a play. He was really a safety back there. Eraser was a fitting name.

His mother died a couple of weeks before the 2006 NC game. IMO, he lost a lot of his enthusiasm for the game after that. Lost his edge. Still did well in the NFL though.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if anyone else caught it but they interviewed a player in the third episode, Carl Johnson. He said something along the lines of he "beat people up and he would never tell kids to do that". I wasnt familiar with him, and he looked so effeminate and defeated that I had to look him up.

Apparently he beat up his girlfriend too while a player. He looked much more aggressive back then. It's seems like he's matured and feels bad about things he's done in his life but he made it seem like Meyer was at fault. It was just slipped in there and it jumped out at me that they let that fly with no explanation.

I mean Siler was like.. "so I punched him in the face" and then grinned like a kid at christmas. He owned it and didn't blame anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.