“What the hell’s going on out here?”

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Oh, good Lord, here we go with the "We're a special fanbase" crap. We're fans. We laugh when we win and cry when we lose. We don't need to be the dog in the burning house saying "This is fine."

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As a lurker and sometimes poster. I read gatorchatter daily so I don't know how I missed what initiated this post. Here's my take, some of the mom jokes and insults don't bother me too much but do often take pages away from actual good conversations. The insults can be moderated as I don't think they are productive but what's the difference between a good ribbing among friends and that's been a part of GC.

As to Napier, the reason there is so much infighting, and also was with Muschamp (how quickly we forget - gator fan levels anyone?) Is because you have yet another unproven commodity who express "I know what it takes to win championships" or "trust the process". I'm sorry but guys like Muschamp and Napier need more accountability. It would be in their best interest to give account of what their plan is and how they are going about it.

The reason the fans fight to this degree is because we have to guess and assume. I think we can all agree that the results on the field do not answer any questions. So all we are left with is speculation and each person will defend their own speculation.

TL/DR unproven coaches create this hostility by not being transparent with fans

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s the thing. I haven’t been posting recently because it’s not fun anymore. Most of you have made it very clear you only want to hear about rainbows and unicorns. It’s no different than the beginning of each of the last 3 hires except every new hire it gets more and more.

Ox likes to spin this as if I’m some kind of pillow biting triggered thin skins poster that doesn’t belong message boarding and you all have eaten it up and ran with it. Hell, MJM accusing me of being some MSM viewer is far enough.

Happy New Year to you all.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This happens after every moment of adversity
Here’s the thing. I haven’t been posting recently because it’s not fun anymore. Most of you have made it very clear you only want to hear about rainbows and unicorns. It’s no different than the beginning of each of the last 3 hires except every new hire it gets more and more.

Ox likes to spin this as if I’m some kind of pillow biting triggered thin skins poster that doesn’t belong message boarding and you all have eaten it up and ran with it. Hell, MJM accusing me of being some MSM viewer is far enough.

Happy New Year to you too buddy! Good to see you - how's it been going?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I know a lot of people who considered 2022 a throw-away season due to the previous year's results and not a lot of change in personnel. Few considered 2023 a throw-away season also. At least until the mass exodus at the end of the 2022 season. Now some of us are indeed kind of looking at next year (2023) as yet another throw-away season for that reason alone. We'll be incredibly young and inexperienced next year at a LOT of positions. Very important positions too. The interesting question is, just what exactly do you, I, or the next idiot on this message board consider a throw-away season? Like is it the ending record? Is it seeing no progress at all throughout the season? We may have differing opinions on that. We may not. Discussing it is fun. Forcing your opinion down everyone else's throats goes well beyond healthy discussion. I think that's where some start to get their feathers ruffled more often than not. It's more fun when we can all agree to disagree and poke fun at one another rather than making threats and blowing everything out of proportion just because someone else doesn't agree with you. I'm pretty sure you, I and most others are in agreement on that point. It's the few that <sigh>, for whatever reason, just can't seem to keep it civil, that spoil the fun for all of us.
Agree with almost everything. I don’t think I’ve ever been very belligerent to anyone here and can see the point of view of those a little more optimistic than me on the Napier hire. There’s no denying he is upgrading the roster and Jimmy and Joe’s are definitely the most direct path to success. But with 2 recruiting classes and 2 years access to the 3000 players in the portal you own your record in your second year, and if we are going into next year expecting to be at the bottom of the east why bother? And with what TCU is doing it’s awfully hard to make the argument that it’s unreasonable to expect wins or blame Mullen for losses next year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

:alone:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I think IHNF pretty clearly articulated how we got here. And for good or ill, we will have to deal with it and figure out if we want to continue to be a part of it. I'm just thankful we haven't gone full Swamp Ass yet.

Another thing that I believe plays a role in this forum's dynamics is the average age of the poster. We are not a young group. This means that, in general, we are less interested in debating and trying to convince others that we are right. AlexDaGator's heroic efforts in the political forum notwithstanding. We know we are right because we've seen this happen time and time again. That leads to short tempers and very little interest in hearing, much less listening to, dissenting opinions.

Speaking for myself, as Ive gotten older, the amount of bullchit I'm willing to put up with has dropped drastically. I have cut large numbers of people out of my life because I don't want to listen to their chit. I'm not talking about just friends, but family too. Over the last five years my circle of friends has shrunk to maybe 25% of what it was. Ive made the decision that the benefits of continuing to interact with those people are far outweighed by the annoyance of having to listen to them. I don't believe I am an outlier in this regard and that's what I think is driving some of the 'delete my account!' drama.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Most of you have made it very clear you only want to hear about rainbows and unicorns.

I scroll past most of the arguments, but I seriously doubt “most” are demanding rainbows and unicorns.

But I’m glad to see you’re still lurking…

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
After all gentlemen, we are not Seminoles...

How did things ever get so far? My friend, @NVGator was forced to leave this board because of this Solloxo business. Alright, now I have to make arrangements to bring him back here safely cleared of all these false “thin skinned/MSM” charges. But I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall him…if he should be booted from the chat box by a new mod…or if he should voluntarily ask for his account to be deleted…or if he goes into an alcohol-induced coma over a Jags loss, then I'm going to blame some of the people on this board. And that I do not forgive.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
How did things ever get so far? My friend, @NVGator was forced to leave this board because of this Solloxo business. Alright, now I have to make arrangements to bring him back here safely cleared of all these false “thin skinned/MSM” charges. But I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall him…if he should be booted from the chat box by a new mod…or if he should voluntarily ask for his account to be deleted…or if he goes into an alcohol-induced coma over a Jags loss, then I'm going to blame some of the people on this board. And that I do not forgive.
Same thing happened to a good fwend of mine in Wome. His name was....Biggus.....Dickus. And his wife Incontinentia Buttocks.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I am an outlier in this regard and that's what I think is driving some of the 'delete my account!' drama.
Please dear lord tell me someone really didn't pull out the old "delete my account"? Next we'll have people sending Ox back their GC tshirts...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Problem #1:

View attachment 53046

Problem #2:

images

Until these two problems are permanently corrected, we could hire Saban, Belichick, or put SOS or Urban back in charge and we'll be mediocre. Neither dip**** realizes hiring during any coaching search requires interviewing more than one candidate, especially the loser from Starkville.

Trust me, I would LOVE to be dining on Napier potted meat laced crow at some point soon. Let's just say I'm not expecting to head to the drawer to take out the fork and knife to dine anytime soon.

I believe, along with some others who might share my view, that you should reconsider your rankings. It is not how I would have voted them in the poll, but hey your poll, your ranking.:fistbump:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.