1010XL: absolutely embarrassing performance by the coaching staff

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I'm not sure I've ever seen the media turn on a coach like this where he survives long. I thought he was for sure safe until next year no matter what happened this year but now I'm not so sure. Perhaps Sasse is not sold. Very bizarre.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure I've ever seen the media turn on a coach like this where he survives long. I thought he was for sure safe until next year no matter what happened this year but now I'm not so sure. Perhaps Sasse is not sold. Very bizarre.
I think the timing of the release of Swamp Kings has a lot to do with it. UF was in the news already so the media can piggy back to get more clicks.

It will run its course by mid-week.

I doubt we would get much coverage if we were to beat UT.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I think the timing of the release of Swamp Kings has a lot to do with it. UF was in the news already so the media can piggy back to get more clicks.

Perhaps. But hearing some of the local yokels like Buddy Martin, people who always faithfully spew the UAA party line, commenting negatively on him was really surprising to me. These are the guys who always parrot whatever excuse and are the last ones to ever say anything negative.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
The best thing about Thursday's game is that even the most ardent Sling Blade supporters have been silenced. It's put up or shut up time for Sun Belt Billy. Even around here anybody who was in doubt was admonished by the Ox.

I personally think he gets all of this year and probably most of next.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017

If the Gators upset UT, it would get as much coverage as Colorado beating TCU yesterday. Lots of coverage.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The national media, for some reason, has been on him since we caught fire in recruiting. Almost like they don't want us to succeed, but has been as much since Fireronzook.com launched. They just couldn't say anything while Meyer was winning, but have been far to happy to pile on us since, declare us a horrible fan base for expecting to look competent, much less win, while at the same time declaring how horrible the coaching staff is, but we are the problem for pointing it out and wanting changes. Five minutes on twitter and you see that every fan base is no worse or better, but for some reason we are targeted. When we sucked in recruiting they wanted us to keep coaches that won 6 games a year, but as soon as recruiting picked up they want us to fire a coach 1 game into year 2. It's just odd. I know I have orange and blue glasses, but I haven't seen a program or fan base attacked more nationally with the bad fan narrative since 2010 unless it was a major scandal. Everyone else is getting pumped for winning against D3 schools.

The local guys are a different story as I saw in your later post. They usually criticize with kids gloves until the national media becomes to much to overcome in year 4. Odd to see them guns out this early.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’m with Louis Murphy. The lack of fire and passion from BN is reflected on the field. Compared to Saban, Dabo and Urban ….not to mention SOS….Billy looks like a choir boy out there. Somebody on that staff needs to fire these guys up and turn loose the athletes….even if they are true freshmen. Get them on the field!

I like a whole lot of what BM has done but he has to engage more.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well if Sling Blade continues to show his in game acumen, then for sure Strichnine would not survive. Not even a D3 program AD can survive a Cousin Eddie Billy Taggert combo.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Tate works for the university right? I expect him not to be too critical, Murphy is spot on and I’m sure Tate really feels that way as well. Just doesn’t want to publicly criticize the guy he has to interview on the field every week.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Even a competitive loss to UT wouldn’t bring the negativity out of the media I wouldn’t think. A blowout with the ineptitude out of the coaching staff that we saw Thursday, then it’s gonna start getting very brutal on him. One things for certain, our rivals are loving what they see out of Napier.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Even a competitive loss to UT wouldn’t bring the negativity out of the media I wouldn’t think. A blowout with the ineptitude out of the coaching staff that we saw Thursday, then it’s gonna start getting very brutal on him. One things for certain, our rivals are loving what they see out of Napier.
We’re taking recruits away from our rivals for the first time in a decade.

Good Christ, I can’t listen to you babies anymore. This sh!t has gotten over the top, even for the Chatter.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The national media, for some reason, has been on him since we caught fire in recruiting. Almost like they don't want us to succeed, but has been as much since Fireronzook.com launched. They just couldn't say anything while Meyer was winning, but have been far to happy to pile on us since, declare us a horrible fan base for expecting to look competent, much less win, while at the same time declaring how horrible the coaching staff is, but we are the problem for pointing it out and wanting changes. Five minutes on twitter and you see that every fan base is no worse or better, but for some reason we are targeted. When we sucked in recruiting they wanted us to keep coaches that won 6 games a year, but as soon as recruiting picked up they want us to fire a coach 1 game into year 2. It's just odd. I know I have orange and blue glasses, but I haven't seen a program or fan base attacked more nationally with the bad fan narrative since 2010 unless it was a major scandal. Everyone else is getting pumped for winning against D3 schools.

The local guys are a different story as I saw in your later post. They usually criticize with kids gloves until the national media becomes to much to overcome in year 4. Odd to see them guns out this early.

The national media hating Napier isn’t the least bit surprising. They hate him for the same reason they Dabo Swinney.
I trust you know what they have in common.

Before everyone pounces, I’m not comparing the two coaches abilities or resumes or anything else other than the one common attribute.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We’re taking recruits away from our rivals for the first time in a decade.

Good Christ, I can’t listen to you babies anymore. This sh!t has gotten over the top, even for the Chatter.

He hasn’t signed the ‘24 class yet. More showings like he had on Thursday, then there’s no way these kids don’t start questioning him. There’s nothing over the top about that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s another one.

Go to the 17.15 mark if it doesn’t automatically start there.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
we are the new Vandy. Just like our admins wanted.

Napier isn’t the cause, just the final symptom that lead to an endgame that has been in the making since Urbs had his fake heart attack.

I defended BN because I believed his bull**** about detail and accountability. If he were the real deal we would have seen some Thursday, and all I had left after thirteen years of bull**** was the hope he was going to deliver. Crap.

He’s just another egoist who’s stubbornly going to do it his way and then hit the highway with a nice payday.

In the meantime he has completed the process of turning us into the doormat of the SEC and the current laughing stock of college football.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
we are the new Vandy. Just like our admins wanted.

Napier isn’t the cause, just the final symptom that lead to an endgame that has been in the making since Urbs had his fake heart attack.

I defended BN because I believed his bull**** about detail and accountability. If he were the real deal we would have seen some Thursday, and all I had left after thirteen years of bull**** was the hope he was going to deliver. Crap.

He’s just another egoist who’s stubbornly going to do it his way and then hit the highway with a nice payday.

In the meantime he has completed the process of turning us into the doormat of the SEC and the current laughing stock of college football.
:rimshot:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
How many subpar coaches can one football program hire before they just finally give up?

Yikes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator