2015 Run Game

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n178326 said:
2 sites have Taylor listed as not fumbling all of last season. I cant remember one specifically but it just seems with well over a 100 carries he would have had one somewhere.
Just like the "errors" in a baseball game, the scorekeeper gets to make some judgment calls. Most of the fumbles occurred on read options and they could have been scored as a fumble by Driskel or the RB. If you can't find one listed, then they must have credited Scooterboy, I guess.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n178321 said:
I really don't have much of a recollection of him being a fumbler... couldn't find stats either. was he?
At some point, one of the drunken, old pasty guys wrote it in an article.

It's been gospel ever since by the people who believe those "journalists" have credibility.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n178386 said:
Just like the "errors" in a baseball game, the scorekeeper gets to make some judgment calls. Most of the fumbles occurred on read options and they could have been scored as a fumble by Driskel or the RB. If you can't find one listed, then they must have credited Scooterboy, I guess.

That makes sense as Driskel was always involved with a bunch of handoff issues and I think Jones was only credited with maybe 3 or 4 fumbles and he had at least that many dropped balls just on the exchanges.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n175140 said:
**** MUSCHUMP and the horse he rode OUT on.

I understand your hate toward Muschamp, but why hate the horse he wrode OUT on? I figured we would celebrate that horse!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
ATXGator;n178590 said:
I understand your hate toward Muschamp, but why hate the horse he wrode OUT on? I figured we would celebrate that horse!

No, the horse is now contaminated and worthless.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think the issue was more than just personnel. The play calling was absolutely horrilbe and predictible. So many times it was run run pass. This put our QB and OL in a situation where everybody knew what was going to happen.

You have to mix it up. There are plenty of short passes you can use like runs, but keep the defense on their heals and our OCs rarley did that. When we did throw the ball... it seemed like we had 5 routes our WRs could run and they couldn't get separation. If they did get separation then our QB (if it was Driskel) may miss them or the WR would drop the ball!

I do think Muschamp should have gotten Treon involved earlier with how poorly Jeff played. Of course the whole rape charge really hurt Treon's ability to play vs. LSU and I think that lost week of practice hurt him against Mizzou.

Overall... it wasn't just that all we could do was run to setup the run... it was that we seemed to always have a very poor offensive game plan. In 2012 we could be conservative because of our D, but last year we needed to score points and we would have won a lot of games and the East if we could just be more aggressive and score points.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
WobbleGator;n178595 said:
If it is contaminated, then why are you wanting to sleep with it?

I hope he fails miserably and contracts a life long STD from his horse.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n178668 said:
I hope he fails miserably and contracts a life long STD from his horse.

They guy has a good looking wife, two kids and enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life (much from UF)... it's going to be tough for him to "fail" miserably... even if he sucks at Auburn.. he could retire now and you never see him again and he still will have a good life.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you were to guess, ATX, what percentage of your texts were defending Mushchimp? I hope he invests every nickel with Jim Donnan.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
ATXGator;n178671 said:
They guy has a good looking wife, two kids and enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life (much from UF)... it's going to be tough for him to "fail" miserably... even if he sucks at Auburn.. he could retire now and you never see him again and he still will have a good life.

I still hope he fails miserably and looses his money somehow. He should be paying us for the rest of his natural life.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
gatormandan;n178593 said:
No, the horse is now contaminated and worthless.

Was he converted from DE? Was he a 4-5* that never reached potential. I think those are WM requirements for anything he rides into the ground.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What?, still talking about the Grim Reaper of Gator football.... :inout:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n178678 said:
If you were to guess, ATX, what percentage of your texts were defending Mushchimp? I hope he invests every nickel with Jim Donnan.

I definitely defended him when he was our coach. I never said he was doing a good job... more that I was hoping he would succeed and turn things around. I actually thought he was a good hire and really wanted to see him succeed. I never said he shouldn't be fired... even after the 2013 season (go look it up)..., but I am not one to complain about something I can't control. He was our coach so I continued to hope for the best and look at the positive.

In the post you are replying to... I was merely saying that like him or not the guy has made a good life for himself... we need to move on from the hate and focus on just hoping McElwain is as good as many of us think he will be.

I really could care less if Muschamp fails going forward or succeeds... as long as UF succeeds I don't care what happens to others.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ATXGator;n178590 said:
I understand your hate toward Muschamp, but why hate the horse he wrode OUT on?

Horsey_Ride.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n179055 said:
What?, still talking about the Grim Reaper of Gator football.... :inout:
The program killer.

He killed Awbrun once already.
Then he killed Texass.
Then he killed Flarida.

Only Saban survived, because he demoted Chimp then encouraged him to leave (to Awbrun).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator