2015 Run Game

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n177408 said:
Last time we let him play, he had a pretty crappy day.

You're smearing Adam Lane with that crack !

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think our slot receiver needs/will be the position that will make teams back off the box and helps open up the running game. Just need somebody who can beat the jam and hangs on to the ball.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
SaltGator;n177398 said:
No one seems to be mentioning Adam Lane. He can be a beast, hope he gets his chances next year as well.

Lane has been our latest version of Omarius Hines. Seems that the last regime just couldn't keep a guy out there on O with that many yards per touch. I mean, can you imagine putting the defense in a position were they may get put back on the field that quickly if we score?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Concrete Helmet;n177390 said:
Thurman's back again? Seems like that guy has been here forever....The guys you mentioned in your earlier post did pretty good most of the time. For the life of me I'll never figure out why Green wasn't full time at left tackle and DJ wasn't swapped out to the right side or moved to reserve. The guy just was never going to be an SEC left tackle and I would say he would have still struggled with the position regardless of which school he played at. Chalk it up to another brilliant assessment by Champ and his staff.

Not sure of how much control he had over the situation, but isn't that the only coach we have retained, the OL coach?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TLB;n177579 said:
Not sure of how much control he had over the situation, but isn't that the only coach we have retained, the OL coach?

True. Like I said before there was some improvement in areas of the offensive line. They just couldn't consistently get a push in the run game. Maybe year 2 for Summers will have the line playing better in the run game as well as pass blocking.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
The running game will be better than the QB play. The question is how much better? Hope a QB surprises us this year and gets the job done.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Caloosahatchee;n177459 said:
Lane has been our latest version of Omarius Hines. Seems that the last regime just couldn't keep a guy out there on O with that many yards per touch. I mean, can you imagine putting the defense in a position were they may get put back on the field that quickly if we score?

There's a name from the past. I always wondered why the hell he never got more touches - the guy was a beast when he got the ball.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n178025 said:
There's a name from the past. I always wondered why the hell he never got more touches - the guy was a beast when he got the ball.

He fumbled a good amount of the time also.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Run Gators Run... something, anything that resembles a scoring threat.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n178027 said:
He fumbled a good amount of the time also.
Exactly. He fumbled in that one spring game after the 80 yard run and once in a real game, too! It's ridiculous. If you have a guy that averages 12 yards a touch you can't possible risk the chance of him fumbling twice in one year.

That shiiit will fukkup your time of possession. Good thing we moved him to TE so he could backup some converted DE before we started scoring unneccessary TDs.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n178069 said:
Exactly. He fumbled in that one spring game after the 80 yard run and once in a real game, too! It's ridiculous. If you have a guy that averages 12 yards a touch you can't possible risk the chance of him fumbling twice in one year.

That shiiit will fukkup your time of possession.

:rolleyes:

You are right, he only fumbled twice in his whole career at UF.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Law98gator;n178069 said:

That shiiit will fukkup your time of possession. Good thing we moved him to TE so he could backup some converted DE before we started scoring unneccessary TDs.

I actually a a a a a agree with law!??

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Lane will be the most impressive back we have next year when it comes to pounding the rock. He is the strongest and most powerful back in our stable, and has performed very well with the limited touches that he's had to date. I think he will pound it to set up the pass, and it will also setup the rest of the backs who are faster and have more of an ability to take it to the house.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
WobbleGator;n178074 said:
:rolleyes:

You are right, he only fumbled twice in his whole career at UF.

I really don't have much of a recollection of him being a fumbler... couldn't find stats either. was he?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
2 sites have Taylor listed as not fumbling all of last season. I cant remember one specifically but it just seems with well over a 100 carries he would have had one somewhere.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n178326 said:
2 sites have Taylor listed as not fumbling all of last season. I cant remember one specifically but it just seems with well over a 100 carries he would have had one somewhere.

He never fumbled like Jones....However he still needs a big hole to run through........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator