2015 UF schedule predictions

BLACKCELL

Dec 1, 2014
Lets have some fun while we wait! What are your thoughts on how we will end up under Macs first year and our football schedule??? I am predicting we win 7 of 12. What say you.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
6-6 and it will take some luck to get there. For once, I agree with Robbie at the Sun when he says our offense could possibly be worse than last year. We simply do not have enough quality OL to be able to generate enough offense to win. Hope I'm wrong, but I think we're going to have to endure one more year of ugliness on the offensive side of the ball.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sept. 5 NEW MEXICO STATE - Easy W
Sept. 12 EAST CAROLINA - Easy W
Sept. 19 at Kentucky - W (will continue to pick us until the streak is broken)
Sept. 26 TENNESSEE - W (will continue to pick us until the streak is broken)
Oct. 3 OLE MISS - W (I believe we are even with this team but being at home gives us the win.)
Oct. 10 at Missouri - L (they have our number)
Oct. 17 at LSU - L (very hard to win at their place)
Oct. 24 Open date
Oct. 31 Georgia (Jacksonville) - W (Richt is a horrible coach and will have his team play down for this game)
Nov. 7 VANDERBILT - Easy W
Nov. 14 at South Carolina - L (SOS beats us for the last time)
Nov. 21 FLORIDA ATLANTIC - Easy W
Nov. 28 FLORIDA STATE - W (noles are replacing a lot on defense and offense)

Ok, so after looking at the schedule, I change my prediction to 9-3.

BLACKCELL

Dec 1, 2014
WobbleGator;n227567 said:
Oct. 3 OLE MISS - W (I believe we are even with this team but being at home gives us the win.)
Oct. 24 Open date
Oct. 31 Georgia (Jacksonville) - W (Richt is a horrible coach and will have his team play down for this game)

I would be thrilled with this!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n227567 said:
Oct. 24 Open date

Swap UGA and Mizzou. I think you're delusional about OLE PISS and half@ssU.

Mizzou has been the benefactor of two of the worst UF football teams in decades. We beat UGA last year when we shouldn't. Everyone knows it including them, they'll be out for blood this year and we won't have the offense to hang with them.

That's still 7-5 and probably as good or better than we have the right to expect given our limitations on the O-Line.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Have we had any Easy W's in the last 3 years?
I think last year showed that we can stop counting UK as an automatic W...
As for UT, Ole Miss, UGA and FSU.... we may win one of those, but all 4 have shown to be in better shape coming into this year than UF....

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n227575 said:
We beat UGA last year when we shouldn't. Everyone knows it including them, they'll be out for blood this year and we won't have the offense to hang with them.

As long as ugay has Richt, then we will always have a good chance to win that game.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't expect much next year. It will take Mac a year to wash the stench of that loser off the team.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So tough to say. We all speculate that it'll be a transition year with a new offense, and struggling OL. But if Thurman comes back, Sharpe continues to improve and one of the FR(likely Ivey) comes in ready to be serviceable, we could be a completely different team. The schedule is a nice progression in terms of competition, so hopefully a few of the young guys can be get their feet wet and be contributors. But I think we really need to see what transpires in fall camp.

Wobble is probably a little optimistic, but there is sound reasoning behind all his predictions. We probably drop the game to fsu, but who knows how much better we are by year's end.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n227589 said:
So tough to say. We all speculate that it'll be a transition year with a new offense, and struggling OL. But if Thurman comes back, Sharpe continues to improve and one of the FR(likely Ivey) comes in ready to be serviceable, we could be a completely different team. The schedule is a nice progression in terms of competition, so hopefully a few of the young guys can be get their feet wet and be contributors. But I think we really need to see what transpires in fall camp.

Wobble is probably a little optimistic, but there is sound reasoning behind all his predictions. We probably drop the game to fsu, but who knows how much better we are by year's end.

I think you have to take into account injuries on the OL which will make it potentially disastrous for us. When was the last season you can recall when we went through the year injury free on OL starters?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n227579 said:
As long as ugay has Richt, then we will always have a good chance to win that game.

Normally I would agree, but we're an injury away from playing Tuba players on the O-Line.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n227597 said:
Normally I would agree, but we're an injury away from playing Tuba players on the O-Line.

And some how Richt would find a way to not take advantage of that fact.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n227600 said:
And some how Richt would find a way to not take advantage of that fact.

Give the man some credit. He schemed to stop our vaunted passing game last year and it worked to perfection! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator