2015 UF schedule predictions

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
soflagator;n227589 said:
So tough to say. We all speculate that it'll be a transition year with a new offense, and struggling OL. But if Thurman comes back, Sharpe continues to improve and one of the FR(likely Ivey) comes in ready to be serviceable, we could be a completely different team. The schedule is a nice progression in terms of competition, so hopefully a few of the young guys can be get their feet wet and be contributors. But I think we really need to see what transpires in fall camp.

Wobble is probably a little optimistic, but there is sound reasoning behind all his predictions. We probably drop the game to fsu, but who knows how much better we are by year's end.

I'm kinda looking at it this way also. There is no one on our schedule that scares the hell out of me, on paper at least. Sure there is always some team that gets a few breaks and plays over their heads at times during the season but that could also very well be us. It is truly a shame that our offensive line is in the shape it's in because even if they were average at best with adequate numbers I could see us winning 9 or maybe 10 games.....I'm still think we somehow win 8, maybe 9 including a bowl game.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n227602 said:
Give the man some credit. He schemed to stop our vaunted passing game last year and it worked to perfection! :lol:

Not quite:
[h=4]Team Stat Comparison[/h]
1st Downs1921
3rd down efficiency
7-148-16
4th down efficiency
1-10-1
Total Yards445460
Passing27319
Comp-Att
3-626-41
Yards per pass
Rushing418141
Rushing Attempts
Yards per rush
Penalties4-314-30
Turnovers11
Fumbles lost
Interceptions thrown
Possession32:4127:19

FLA
UGA

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
One thing I believe that is going to happen is these boys are going to work they ass of this summer and fall because they are sick of losing. With us having a new staff the morale should be high in the locker room and in practice which will give these boys hope again. That alone will help more than most can ever realize.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
WobbleGator;n227567 said:
Sept. 5 NEW MEXICO STATE - Easy W
Sept. 12 EAST CAROLINA - Easy W
Sept. 19 at Kentucky - W (will continue to pick us until the streak is broken)
Sept. 26 TENNESSEE - W (will continue to pick us until the streak is broken)
Oct. 3 OLE MISS - W (I believe we are even with this team but being at home gives us the win.)
Oct. 10 at Missouri - L (they have our number)
Oct. 17 at LSU - L (very hard to win at their place)
Oct. 24 Open date
Oct. 31 Georgia (Jacksonville) - W (Richt is a horrible coach and will have his team play down for this game)
Nov. 7 VANDERBILT - Easy W
Nov. 14 at South Carolina - L (SOS beats us for the last time)
Nov. 21 FLORIDA ATLANTIC - Easy W
Nov. 28 FLORIDA STATE - W (noles are replacing a lot on defense and offense)

Ok, so after looking at the schedule, I change my prediction to 9-3.

I think we will beat Mizzou this year but I think we may get tripped up by Tennessee, Ole Miss or Georgia. Tennessee has quite a few players returning so my guess is that they might get us this year. After seeing how close we came last year, I think we have a pretty decent shot at beating the Noles this year if we can muster a little bit of offense. I think 9-3 is optimistic but certainly doable if we catch a few breaks and I don't think we should finish worse than 7-5.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New Mexico State - W.

East Carolina - W, but we could lose this. These paycheck teams tend to have smaller linemen who do a lot of cut blocking on both sides of the line. It is not unusual to lose a lineman or two in these games, and we have none to spare.

Kentucky - W. I can't imagine losing to Kentucky, but then again, I couldn't imagine some of our recent losses, either.

Tennessee - L. Sorry, and it makes me nauseous to even think about it, but we can't beat a full sized SEC football team without offensive linemen. We only win this game if the defense scores two touchdowns. This will be the first full-speed game for Grier, assuming he's our quarterback, and he's going to be running for his life.

Ole Miss - L. Unless Tebow dresses for the game.

Missou - L.

LSU - L. Even if Tebow dresses for the game.

Open Date - This might be the only guaranteed non-L of the year.

Georgia - L. Yes, Richt is a horrible coach, but it doesn't take a genius to take the defensive line off the leash and yell "KILL!"

Vanderbilt - W. It's Vanderbilt.

USC - L.

FAU - W. This will either be a blowout for us, our feel-good win of the season, or a spirit-crushing nail biter with converted true freshmen defensive lineman playing in front of whatever quarterback has survived to this point in the season.

FSU - I don't even want to think about it. I'm planning an all-day drunk for November 28th, and I hope to have temporarily lost the ability see and hear by kickoff.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Circle City Gator;n227608 said:
New Mexico State - W.

East Carolina - W, but we could lose this. These paycheck teams tend to have smaller linemen who do a lot of cut blocking on both sides of the line. It is not unusual to lose a lineman or two in these games, and we have none to spare.

Kentucky - W. I can't imagine losing to Kentucky, but then again, I couldn't imagine some of our recent losses, either.

Tennessee - L. Sorry, and it makes me nauseous to even think about it, but we can't beat a full sized SEC football team without offensive linemen. We only win this game if the defense scores two touchdowns. This will be the first full-speed game for Grier, assuming he's our quarterback, and he's going to be running for his life.

Ole Miss - L. Unless Tebow dresses for the game.

Missou - L.

LSU - L. Even if Tebow dresses for the game.

Open Date - This might be the only guaranteed non-L of the year.

Georgia - L. Yes, Richt is a horrible coach, but it doesn't take a genius to take the defensive line off the leash and yell "KILL!"

Vanderbilt - W. It's Vanderbilt.

USC - L.

FAU - W. This will either be a blowout for us, our feel-good win of the season, or a spirit-crushing nail biter with converted true freshmen defensive lineman playing in front of whatever quarterback has survived to this point in the season.

FSU - I don't even want to think about it. I'm planning an all-day drunk for November 28th, and I hope to have temporarily lost the ability see and hear by kickoff.
Man, if everyone had this enthusiasm, ticket sales would be through the roof.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
10-2 at best 6-6 at worst. I think some decent qb play would elevate the whole team. The qb play the last few years has been just deflating to the entire team. If we get some points on the board, our d can take over the game, atleast talent wise.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Circle City Gator;n227608 said:
New Mexico State - W.

So you have us going 5-7, and worse than last year? I don't see it.

Agree that ut will be better, but we beat them last year in their house, with Driskel, and when they had all the momentum. The mental side of the game alone has to favor us. A couple of their players couldn't even speak after the game.

OM should be a challenge, but they were very hot and cold last year, and absolutely flailed at the end. Their DL will be tough to handle no doubt.

The uga and fsu games could go either way. We had no business beating the dogs, nor should we have been as close to the noles. Could easily win one of those or both, imo.

Usce and Mizz will tell us a ton about our staff. The past few years have been much more about coaching failures than anything else. We may be depleted, but top to bottom we still have more talent than those teams. I could be dead wrong, but I'm not ready to concede those games.

I think the 6-8 win prediction probably sounds about right. I just don't see us under .500.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n227576 said:
Have we had any Easy W's in the last 3 years?
I think last year showed that we can stop counting UK as an automatic W...
As for UT, Ole Miss, UGA and FSU.... we may win one of those, but all 4 have shown to be in better shape coming into this year than UF....

I count Will Muschamp being fired as an easy W.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n227567 said:
Sept. 5 NEW MEXICO STATE - Easy W
Sept. 12 EAST CAROLINA - Easy W
Sept. 19 at Kentucky - W (will continue to pick us until the streak is broken)
Sept. 26 TENNESSEE - W (will continue to pick us until the streak is broken)
Oct. 3 OLE MISS - W (I believe we are even with this team but being at home gives us the win.)
Oct. 10 at Missouri - L (they have our number)
Oct. 17 at LSU - L (very hard to win at their place)
Oct. 24 Open date
Oct. 31 Georgia (Jacksonville) - W (Richt is a horrible coach and will have his team play down for this game)
Nov. 7 VANDERBILT - Easy W
Nov. 14 at South Carolina - L (SOS beats us for the last time)
Nov. 21 FLORIDA ATLANTIC - Easy W
Nov. 28 FLORIDA STATE - W (noles are replacing a lot on defense and offense)

Ok, so after looking at the schedule, I change my prediction to 9-3.

8-4

It's a difficult schedule with several challenging opponents. That being said the teams that will give us the most trouble
are the ones that will pound it in between the tackles over and over again. I welcome any team that wants to air it out over
30 times against our secondary. LSU appears the be the biggest obstacle. That's the only game I see getting out of hand for us.
We likely falter against Missou and SC on the road as well.
With GA and FSU being toss ups. 7-5 / 8-4 is likely with an outside shot of a 9 win campaign. The key game is really Ole Miss.
Win that one and you set yourself up to potentially win the east with victores in Mo and JAX. Lose it and we're likely 4-3 heading
into JAX on a 3 game losing streak with no hope of a division crown.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n227615 said:
So you have us going 5-7, and worse than last year? I don't see it.

Agree that ut will be better, but we beat them last year in their house, with Driskel, and when they had all the momentum. The mental side of the game alone has to favor us. A couple of their players couldn't even speak after the game.

OM should be a challenge, but they were very hot and cold last year, and absolutely flailed at the end. Their DL will be tough to handle no doubt.

The uga and fsu games could go either way. We had no business beating the dogs, nor should we have been as close to the noles. Could easily win one of those or both, imo.

Usce and Mizz will tell us a ton about our staff. The past few years have been much more about coaching failures than anything else. We may be depleted, but top to bottom we still have more talent than those teams. I could be dead wrong, but I'm not ready to concede those games.

I think the 6-8 win prediction probably sounds about right. I just don't see us under .500.

I hope you're right. All I did was give my honest assessment, not my fondest wishes.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Circle City Gator;n227631 said:
I hope you're right. All I did was give my honest assessment, not my fondest wishes.

Yeah, that wasn't meant to be argumentative. I'm just surprised at the thinking that we'll be worse than last year.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n227591 said:
I'm sticking with 8-4, but 6-6 is worst case, 10-2 is best case.

^ This!

And here's how we can get to 9-3!:

Sept. 5 NEW MEXICO STATE - WIN
Sept. 12 EAST CAROLINA - WIN
Sept. 19 at Kentucky - WIN (still early in the season and our O-line should still be healthy.)
Sept. 26 TENNESSEE – prolly a WIN (hard to go “W” but unless KY injures our O-line then same above applies here. Perhaps a field-goal win.)
Oct. 3 OLE MISS - WIN (probably even with this team but at home gives UF the advantage.)
Oct. 10 at Missouri - LOSE (like Wobble said, they have our number)
Oct. 17 at LSU - LOSE (very hard to win at their place)
Oct. 24 OPEN
Oct. 31 Georgia (Jax) - WIN (something odd will happen & we won’t suffer three L’s in a row.)
Nov. 7 VANDERBILT - WIN
Nov. 14 at South Carolina - LOSE (Injuries on the O-line start to mount up & yes, SOS beats us for the last time.)
Nov. 21 FLORIDA ATLANTIC - WIN
Nov. 28 FLORIDA STATE - WIN (UF’s Defense steps up and yes, Semenholes are replacing a lot on their Offense and Defense.)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wins: NMS, ECU, UK, VU, UT, FAU and OM

Losses: LSU and Mizz

Toss UP: UGA, FSU, USCe,

NMS, ECU, VU, and FAU won't be in the game from the kickoff

UK and UT are mentally deficit when they play us, UT had everything going for them including 3 turnovers on their side of the field, and managed 9 points. UK by all right should have beat us in regulation last year, if they didn't remember they were Kentucky.

OM's coach is similar to Muschamp, and his talent isn't special. Until he can prove he can find a running game, he doesn't stand a chance in the Swamp.

LSU in death valley has killed more talented UF teams against worse LSU teams

Mizz they played like horse$hit last year and beat our brains out. We need to get over the hump.

UGA, FSU, and USCe, especially at where they are on the schedule will depend on injuries for all teams, and what has developed through the season. I could see us going 3-0 or 0-3 against them, I believe we should go 2-1 (wins against UGA and FSU)

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I predict we'll go 5-1 the first half of the season, but then injuries will kick in, especially on the O-line, and we'll go 3-3 or 2-5 the second half of the season. With a healthy O-line, I believe this team would win the East with at least 10 wins.

I also predict that we won't lose any games in a blowout due to the strength of the defense and Coach Mac's ability to get something out of nothing with the offense.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
10-2
Losses to LSU and USCe. We defend the Swamp and finally get the Mizzu monkey off our back. I think our Oline, QB, and WR corps will be a lot better than most of us think right now. Therefore we will have a supriese season and compete if not win the East.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n227635 said:
Yeah, that wasn't meant to be argumentative. I'm just surprised at the thinking that we'll be worse than last year.

Last year we had good players and terrible coaching. This year we have a depleted lineup, less experience, and superior coaching starting a whole new system. I'm not calling in 1979 (my freshman year), but I really don't see a reason to think we're going to be better. We lost our best DL, RB, and half less than half what a big time program should have on the O-line. The QB is (we hope) a step up in talent, but has zero experience, with very little behind him. There's no Kerwin Bell to work his way up from the 5th string, at least as far as I can tell. And those early games really do scare me - not because I think we'll lose, but because every one of those involves cut blocks aimed at the knees, and we can't afford to lose anybody.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If we improve on offense and maintain strong on defense and with better coaching in close games we might win some we arent suppose to. I think our oline situation will be better than everyone thinks and we see much improvement in QB play. I will be happy just to see coaching improvements and possibly some discipline leading to less penalties. I will guess 7-5...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.