2015 UF schedule predictions

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
4-8. We may well go 1-3 in September and 0-4 in October.

It would be 2-10 if Chimp were back for his chance to run the table by losing to Kintucky and Tinerc.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Circle City Gator;n227608 said:
New Mexico State - W.

East Carolina - W, but we could lose this. These paycheck teams tend to have smaller linemen who do a lot of cut blocking on both sides of the line. It is not unusual to lose a lineman or two in these games, and we have none to spare.

Kentucky - W. I can't imagine losing to Kentucky, but then again, I couldn't imagine some of our recent losses, either.

Tennessee - L. Sorry, and it makes me nauseous to even think about it, but we can't beat a full sized SEC football team without offensive linemen. We only win this game if the defense scores two touchdowns. This will be the first full-speed game for Grier, assuming he's our quarterback, and he's going to be running for his life.

Ole Miss - L. Unless Tebow dresses for the game.

Missou - L.

LSU - L. Even if Tebow dresses for the game.

Open Date - This might be the only guaranteed non-L of the year.

Georgia - L. Yes, Richt is a horrible coach, but it doesn't take a genius to take the defensive line off the leash and yell "KILL!"

Vanderbilt - W. It's Vanderbilt.

USC - L.

FAU - W. This will either be a blowout for us, our feel-good win of the season, or a spirit-crushing nail biter with converted true freshmen defensive lineman playing in front of whatever quarterback has survived to this point in the season.

FSU - fukk them.

Much more realistic. I really fear ECU and Kintucky in September. Hopefully we have some OL still by that time, but who knows. We lost two OL in fall camp last year and our expected goto receiver in the second game.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
All I want this season is a good enough record to play in the Belk Bowl (8 wins?). I'd appreciate a quick 20 minute drive to the stadium to watch us play in person for the first time in 7 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one wants to go to Charlotte in December.

No one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lump_of_coal03.jpg

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I see us 7-5, Maybe 8-4. Gotta have some good breaks here and there. I know we are DANGEROUSLY thin on the OL. Even with that we've said for years now if we just had some resemblance of an offense. I think Mac makes that difference. Our D will be good enough to keep us in ANY game. We're in no way SECCG material yet, but no reason this prediction is not attainable.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I just think with Trip coming back to the OL, the six we had at O&B, and Ivey ready for the start of the season we should be G2G! The QB comp will only help the two young QBs, and the WRs know this is there last chance to make a good impression. You combine that with what should already be a great Running Game, 10 wins is very possible.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;227793 said:
I just think with Trip coming back to the OL, the six we had at O&B, and Ivey ready for the start of the season we should be G2G! The QB comp will only help the two young QBs, and the WRs know this is there last chance to make a good impression. You combine that with what should already be a great Running Game, 10 wins is very possible.

I don't think there's anyway 10 wins is possible. I'm not sure how we would be "good to go" with the seven lineman you stated above.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we place somewhere between 7-9 wins. 9 wins will take some lucky bounces. 7 wins much more realistic. I think the first half of the season we will struggle mightily and lose a game or two that we should not.

We will struggle a bit with pass protection and the QBs will have some growing pains. The incoming OL class will be in the rotation from day one and at least two of them will be starters by the midway point of the season. We will lean heavily on KT on offense but Scarlett will start to come into his own in the latter half of the season and he will explode against FSU. The OL will also start to gel at the end of the season.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have us at 7-4, but some of these games can go either way. Tennessee being a great example. It is really hard to judge without seeing the team play. I think by the Tennessee game we will have a much better idea of how good this team really is. If we get some luck to go our way and our starting OL stays healthy we have a chance. I think the offense will be better, but if we run into our second layer of OL we are in big big trouble.

Sept. 5 NEW MEXICO STATE - W
Sept. 12 EAST CAROLINA - W (I don't think this will be easy as ECU will be looking for revenge from the bowl loss)
Sept. 19 at Kentucky - W
Sept. 26 TENNESSEE - W
Oct. 3 OLE MISS - L
Oct. 10 at Missouri - L
Oct. 17 at LSU - L
Oct. 24 Open date
Oct. 31 Georgia (Jacksonville) - L (they will be focused after last years beat down)
Nov. 7 VANDERBILT - W
Nov. 14 at South Carolina - W (they don't have a QB
Nov. 21 FLORIDA ATLANTIC - W
Nov. 28 FLORIDA STATE - L

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While I love the optimism of some on here, I think many of you should lower your expectations a bit or you're going to be sorely disappointed this season. New coaching staff, new QB, possibly our thinnest/worst OL situation in my lifetime and little to no depth at LB means we COULD be in for another 2013 type season. Like I've said before, I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see us showing any real improvement on the offensive side of the ball until 2016 due to our OL situation.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n227828 said:
While I love the optimism of some on here, I think many of you should lower your expectations a bit or you're going to be sorely disappointed this season. New coaching staff, new QB, possibly our thinnest/worst OL situation in my lifetime and little to no depth at LB means we COULD be in for another 2013 type season. Like I've said before, I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see us showing any real improvement on the offensive side of the ball until 2016 due to our OL situation.

WM is no longer the coach, so there will be offensive improvement.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n227829 said:
WM is no longer the coach, so there will be offensive improvement.

That is totally dependent on th OL. HUGE question mark going into this season.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the 8-4 camp.........with a bowl victory to leave a sweet taste in our mouth :thumbup:

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
5-7. UF was a mediocre team last year with four NFL draft picks on the offensive line. They were world beaters against Georgia, yet couldn't open any holes against FSU. Now there are fervent hopes for the return of Trip Thurman? When has he ever been even close to being a good player? That about sums up how bad the outlook is for this team, when you're hoping for a player like Trip Thurman to return, it means you have some serious problems. As for the coaching, we don't have a clue if it will be better since they haven't coached a single game yet. There is zero data to confirm or refute that assumption. The season can be even worse than my prediction if UF loses all or two out of three to the early season gauntlet, at last for UF right now, of East Carolina, Kentucky, and Tennessee. A poor showing in those games can have a snowball effect, as in 2013 when UF lost the last seven games of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.