Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rumor that Mack has pulled the ultimate troll job and will sign with UF

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Cool it. Or I'll ban you for the rest of the day.
Oh I'm sorry Mr Police man please don't ban for freedom of speech, I know it makes you feel good to talk down to people because of your badge but please don't ban me I'll be so sad :(

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bowl cut said there was sources from UF, plus prior conversations with IMG saying he had work to do

May very well have been the case. But in that scenario, why even let him commit? Alot of these kids get non-commit offers that are basically a contingency. The bigger issue is the perception that fsu flips him on NSD, only fueling the idea that they're trending while we're falling. Not the end of the world, but as I've said in other posts, I think the staff should learn a lot from this cycle and modify their approach going forward.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
When were we after this kid? Must have been a while ago because he hasn't been on our list for a while. FSU is cleaning up... would have loved to see him go to Texas.
He visited on the 15th or 22nd and yes we were after him hard! They also went to Texas several times to see him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I feel like Reese will be an impact player this year. He's physically ready and the Spring should benefit him. The other player that's kind of been overlooked(kind of easy when there's another kid in the class with the same name) is J Taylor. Teams were going all out for him in the closing weeks and he's a 4* on most sites. I think he'll end up being very good for us.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He visited on the 15th or 22nd and yes we were after him hard! They also went to Texas several times to see him.
Came in with his teammate, thought we had an outside shot, but not really sure he has the speed to play in the SEC

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
FSU is having a great day... they have been a top program for the past 4 years... we are rebuilding. Yes... we still have to close the talent gap, but now that we have a coach who can coach it will make a difference. If we get a QB who can play next year the trend will continue to go up for the Gators. You don't get a top 5 class without showing signs of success on the field, we moved in the right direction. McElwain is doing a good job. Some staff adjustments still need to be made from a recruiting standpoint (IMO).

Remember... Muschamp got top classes, but failed to coach them up. Mac will coach them up.. it will make a big difference.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Hate? My concern is that the talent gap between us and BAMA/FSU is growing not decreasing. Do you think that is a valid concern at all?
This is my concern as well T-Rex but if you have that concern it's trolling or hating

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FSU is having a great day... they have been a top program for the past 4 years... we are rebuilding. Yes... we still have to close the talent gap, but now that we have a coach who can coach it will make a difference. If we get a QB who can play next year the trend will continue to go up for the Gators. You don't get a top 5 class without showing signs of success on the field, we moved in the right direction. McElwain is doing a good job. Some staff adjustments still need to be made from a recruiting standpoint (IMO).

Remember... Muschamp got top classes, but failed to coach them up. Mac will coach them up.. it will make a big difference.
FSU did lose their top S prospect this morning

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Other than Clayton, gardner and robinson who do you feel good about on that side of the ball?

I like all of the LB's, but we needed someone who could play Mike too. Adding Burnett and McWilliams is a head scratcher to me. Robinson and Lenton may be good but they will certainly be red-shirted. I do like all of the DE's.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is my concern as well T-Rex but if you have that concern it's trolling or hating

Much of what you've posted is either not factual(the rankings scale), extreme exaggeration(Mac's recruiting inability), or just ludicrous(most of the names on coaching wish list). That's why people are calling you a troll.

TRex tends to be a little more doom and gloom than others. But he at least brings some substance and knows what he's talking about. There's a difference.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Hate? My concern is that the talent gap between us and BAMA/FSU is growing not decreasing. Do you think that is a valid concern at all?
The gap was already HUGE and its only getting bigger. So... hell yes it's a concern or it is for everyone but Foley. He's still dragging his damn feet to upgrade the facilities that would allow us to kick their ass on the trail. We have a decent class but they will have elite classes by the end of the day. Pisses me off!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I know today is throwing a lot of people in a tizzy. As if some people want the roller coaster of play-by-play announcements all day long with the flips and LOIs and mama drama. Fine. Getting worked up all day will change nothing of what these kids do, nor really how the program progresses over the next few years. You could turn off all electronics and just read about it tomorrow, and the effect will be the same with a few less shouting matches or heart palpitations.

Keep this in mind when you feel like today may not live up to your expectations:

There might not be that many fireworks at Florida today, but that was by design. The Gators have 12 mid-year enrollees already on campus, more than any program in the country. That includes ESPN 300 quarterback Feleipe Franks. Coach Jim McElwain credits his staff for getting so many players here already. The best part for McElwain? They're all going to be ready for spring practice next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator