2016 Class/Remaining Targets

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well... at least we have these 3* recruits that are better than their rating... according to Zack at least.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ommits-proving-to-be-better-than-their-rating

Burnet is small, but looks like he could be a play maker. I really do hope we find a way to get Cleveland, but I get why a WR would be concerned about coming here without a proven QB.

Del Rio, Appleby and Harris aren't going to excite anybody and Franks is a true freshman. Yes Allen is supposed to be coming in 2017, but there are no guarantees until somebody signs a paper.

If we can show some offensive life it should make a difference next year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It takes volumes and months to explain away? Here, let me try.

Zach wrote that. The same Zach who wrote the article about Chimp being the best recruiter, The Flipper.... because he landed 3 star receivers when we lost the 5 star guys. Yeah, don't think it took months or volumes.

BTW, 3 or 4 of those guys won't sign with us I expect.

I respect your opinion more than Zach's and sometimes I think you don't actually watch the games.

AR, every team in America right now thinks their 2 and 3 stars are better than Bammer's 4 and 5 stars. Then the season happens. Ours are underrated and theirs are Pre-Madonnas that we didn't want anyway. EVERY team is saying it right now.

FWIW, I still like all the 3 star OL, Perine (4 stars now) and don't like Jeawon (the DB) and basically any of the 3 star DBs. We have more than enough receivers that can't catch to move to DB. I wouldn't take any DB that wasn't clearly a stud.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You impressed with all those Louisville offers are you? Also you know the difference between an offer and committable offer, right? Guys like Vosean Joseph has an offer but not a committable offer from Bammer.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is a lot to like about our 3*s. I think most of them lack measurables rather than skill. Not to mention those who are EEs. So yes, I think we picked up some of the better 3* kids.

If Grier had not been a dumbass, we probably close with a much stronger class. But he was and now we are possibly going to lose some of our 3*s to other big programs.

I get what Law is saying. I'd much rather have 4 & 5 star guys coming in. And maybe the cheap hires have slowed our progress. It certainly seems like Callahan did. Who knows how much the bowl game is hurting us. Or how much the end of Urban and Muschamp is still affecting our image. But we are struggling to get some big fish.

If we can keep guys from flipping and add a few more bigger names, I'll be happy with this class. Not because I'm happy with 3*s but because we've addressed our needs, and have gotten solid depth. It's progress from what we've had.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There is a lot to like about our 3*s. I think most of them lack measurables rather than skill. Not to mention those who are EEs. So yes, I think we picked up some of the better 3* kids.

If Grier had not been a dumbass, we probably close with a much stronger class. But he was and now we are possibly going to lose some of our 3*s to other big programs.

I get what Law is saying. I'd much rather have 4 & 5 star guys coming in. And maybe the cheap hires have slowed our progress. It certainly seems like Callahan did. Who knows how much the bowl game is hurting us. Or how much the end of Urban and Muschamp is still affecting our image. But we are struggling to get some big fish.

If we can keep guys from flipping and add a few more bigger names, I'll be happy with this class. Not because I'm happy with 3*s but because we've addressed our needs, and have gotten solid depth. It's progress from what we've had.

I will be disappointed if we aren't top 5 because the class size alone should get us there. I will also be disappointed if we don't hit about 10th average star wise with this being the 2nd class of a new coach. Hopefully Mac closes strong like he did with the mess he was handed last class.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just heard that Cleveland's TCU official visit didn't go well. Now he's bringing his whole family down next weekend with him for his UF official. He's even trying to get his Grandma to come also.

TE Nick Eubanks didn't make the trip because he was sick. He's supposedly coming next weekend, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just heard that Cleveland's TCU official visit didn't go well. Now he's bringing his whole family down next weekend with him for his UF official. He's even trying to get his Grandma to come also.

TE Nick Eubanks did make the trip because he was sick. He's supposedly coming next weekend, so we'll see what happens.

Link? This next weekend is YUUUUGGGEE

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015

TE Nick Eubanks did make the trip because he was sick. He's supposedly coming next weekend, so we'll see what happens.
:yes:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I feel like we need some positive news heading into this last weekend. Momentum is a real thing in recruiting

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like two linebacker targets are making an announcement tonight:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads