Recruiting 2016 WR class in Florida - A Cure to our Offense?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The state of Florida is generally loaded with playmakers at wide receiver. In fact, over the last five years, the state has produced at least eight ESPN 300 prospects in every class.

This year’s group of wide receivers just might top them all. An astounding 15 wideouts from the Sunshine State are listed in the ESPN Junior 300. It’s the deepest wide receiver class to come out of Florida in recent memory.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/...top&rand=ref~{"ref":"http://t.co/ESkcpCpGUK"}

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It would be the 2016 class

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We should land at least 3 then with no problem.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Can we get half of them? If your worried about overloading a position, we do have 20 DBs on roster.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Lol....MWChomp at the football poker table "I'll see your 4* 2016 verbal WR commit, and raise you a pair of benchwarming 3* sophomore DBs"

WM bursts out of turn with "ILL TAKE EM!!!"

Still, every reason we should get 2-3 of the top 10 from in-state if JMac shows offensive life this season, and our need for WRs.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It will depend on how the offense looks during the season. If it looks decent I think we can get a great haul just due to the opportunity for immediate playing time. If there is no improvement whatsoever Coach Mac is in trouble.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good news that the state is so deep at WR this year. The way that they are recruiting the state, I expect that they'll pull in a good number of talented players. Still, UF needs at least 7 lineman in next year's class or else there will be no "cure" for the offense.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we get nate craig meyers and Benjamin Victor

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
UF should be able to get at least three of them by just breathing. Miami has two already, they probably don't want but a couple more, and FSU has one, they probably only want one more. As for who is the best or top two, etc. I don't think it matters. That's subjective anyway, and it's not unusual for the "lower rated"' players to turn out better. Personally I'd like to see Sam Bruce, a current Miami commit. He's very small in height, but everything else seems outstanding; speed, strength, hands, elusiveness, etc. I say current because Miami has already had one of the top guys decommit, Dredrick Snelson, after visiting UF. If UF puts a decent quarterback on the field this year, it should be in a position to get who it wants, relatively.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We need Victor and Craig in the worst way. Both of them are tall physical playmakers who can stretch the field.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Without an o-line to protect whoever is going to be throwing the ball these guys will be wasted.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Going with the Josh's:
Josh Hammond - younger brother of Frankie, is listed #62 on the ESPN list.
Josh Imatorbhebhe - Younger bother of our incoming TE, is #126 on the ESPN list (I've seen his tape and he looks good).
You'd think we'd have a pretty good shot at both of them.
But I'll take Snelson (#11), Cragin-Meyers (#37), Ridley (#264) and Victor (#286).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's something weird going on with the link and TapaTalk.

Here's the info:

Sunshine State burns bright at receiver

The state of Florida is generally loaded with playmakers at wide receiver. In fact, over the last five years, the state has produced at least eight ESPN 300 prospects in every class.

This year’s group of wide receivers just might top them all. An astounding 15 wideouts from the Sunshine State are listed in the ESPN Junior 300. It’s the deepest wide receiver class to come out of Florida in recent memory.

“There are so many guys in the state, especially in South Florida this year, it just pushes us to be better,” ESPN Junior 300 wide receiver Binjimen Victor, a standout at the Miami Nike regional camp, said after the camp. “That’s why you see so many guys out here. We just want to compete and get better.”

Victor, who earned an invited to The Opening after his performance in Miami, is reluctant to name any top schools at this point but admits he stays in contact regularly with Florida, Ohio State, Miami, Georgia, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Louisville and Ole Miss.

Dredrick Snelson, No. 11 in the ESPN Junior 300, is the top-ranked receiver in the country. The 6-foot, 192-pound athlete, however, is not satisfied with his lofty ranking.

"There are no days off,” Snelson said. “Everybody in Florida wants to take each other's spot to become the best. It’s a good thing to be the best, but everybody is coming for you so you can’t take days off. I’m friends with a lot of these guys, which is a good and bad thing. We have friendly competition but at the same time I know they are coming for my spot and I have to keep working hard every day.”

Just a few short weeks ago Snelson had a top three of Florida, Auburn and Florida State. After a few other schools made a strong push, his list of favorites has changed.

“Schools like Louisville, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Florida State and Florida have been on me hard,” Snelson said. "Auburn fell off a little bit. I’m still open though.”

Here’s the latest recruiting news for some of the other top wide receivers in Florida this year.

Dionte Mullins (No. 24) - Committed to Miami in July.

Nate Craig-Myers (No. 37) - Committed to Auburn in July, but remains open and considering other schools such as Florida, Florida State, Alabama, LSU and USC.

Sam Bruce (No. 42) - Committed to Miami in July but remains open to other schools including Florida. His close friend, Jordan Scarlett, signed with the Gators in February and has been pushing Bruce to visit the Gators.

Darnell Salomon (No. 59) - The 6-3, 198-pound receiver has shown considerable interest in Alabama, Clemson, LSU and Miami.

Josh Hammond (No. 62) - Ohio State, Florida and Notre Dame are recruiting Hammond the hardest. Hammond is familiar with the coaching staff at Ohio State because his older brother Frankie Hammond Jr. played for Urban Meyer at Florida. The Gators are also near the top because of his familiarity with the program.

Eli Stove (No. 63) - The 6-1, 183-pound wideout likes Auburn and Florida State early on, with Florida and Clemson still in the picture.

Tavares Chase (No. 135) - Committed to Clemson in January. Clemson has landed several wide receivers from the Tampa area recently, including Artavis Scott, Ray Ray McCloud III and Deon Cain.

Keyshawn "Pie" Young (No. 141) - Florida State and Alabama appear to be the two early favorites, with the Seminoles slightly in front.

Keith Gavin (No. 165) - Committed to FSU in July.

Ahmmon Richards (No. 205) - Committed to Miami in July.

Tre Nixon (No. 209) - Education will play a big role for Nixon. Duke and Notre Dame are near the top of his list, with Georgia and Florida also in consideration.

Freddie Swain (No. 214) - Swain lives about 20 minutes from Gainesville, and the Gators appear to be the leader for the talented pass catcher.

Cavin Ridley (No. 264) - Ridley is the younger brother of Calvin Ridley, who signed with Alabama last year. The Crimson Tide have offered the younger Ridley, and Alabama appears to be the team to beat early on.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
I thought this might interest someone. Dredrick Snelson, the top receiver in the country, according to ESPN, is rated the 94th best receiver by Scout. How can recruiting services differ so much? I think Scout is run by lunatics, based on their track record.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Go by Rivals. Nobody else. 24/7 is a distant second. They're all just shît after that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n194540 said:
Go by Rivals. Nobody else. 24/7 is a distant second. They're all just shît after that.
+1. 24/7 is just good in that Rivals is one of the components in the 24/7 average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator