2019 NFL Draft: ZERO Vols drafted AGAIN

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL has to shorten the time for picks in the 1st round. I watched the whole thing yesterday and it just dragged a little too much.
Gardner -Johnson should've returned and switched to safety. We need help at safety badly and he was a playmaker. When he made the decision to leave I'm sure he didn't think he would go on the third day. That's rough.

Have you seen him get trucked repeatedly in college?....Agent lied to him.....shocker!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
So the Fins finally getting a good QB for the first time in 20 years. He was petulant about Murray being drafted - I hope that’s a fluke. I hope he won’t be a bytch. Just go beat the competition. Talent wise - he can be the next great Dolphin QB. We’ll see.
They got A QB. Rosen is a whiner. It might get in his way.

Haskins goes #15 and complains. These guys are pre-Madonnas

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Pete Prisco, Dane Brugler and a few other nfl guys said Polite dropped for 2 reasons.

1. Very poor recommendation from Florida’s coaching staff.

2. His interview with the packers. Apparently, it was so bad, it is being called the worst in combine history.

I find the poor recommendation the most interesting.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pete Prisco, Dane Brugler and a few other nfl guys said Polite dropped for 2 reasons.

2. His interview with the packers. Apparently, it was so bad, it is being called the worst in combine history.

UF staff has absolutely no reason to do that.....BS

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

I find the fact that they revealed the poor recommendations the most interesting. Was the staff sending a message?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have no idea what the family and/or financial situation is for any of the players from UF that left early, so my opinions do not take any of that into account, but I am respectful of any of those situations. But of all those guys I did not see one who was a 1st round pick on talent alone. I am even surprised that Taylor was a 2nd rounder, but obviously he improved over time. But with guys like Polite and CGJ, being selected 2 or more rounds below where you "thought", that is way more money to give up than it is to have returned and improved your stock. Sure they may eventually get paid, but they are stuck for a few years, as opposed to possibly getting paid initially with a very fat signing bonus. I do not feel sorry for any of them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
College program ---> $$$ motivated agent ---> NFL teams

What could go wrong?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

There’s no way the staff would do that. That would wreck confidence with parents and Recruits across the country.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Jags take a lesser version of Fournette in the 5th when Traeyvon Williams from TAMU is still available. Williams would be a fantastic compliment/3rd down back.

I give up

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
There’s no way the staff would do that. That would wreck confidence with parents and Recruits across the country.

"It's more than just the bad combine, that caused his fall, he didn't get a good recommendation from the staff in Florida."
~ Pete Prisco

It is more than just him saying it. Multiple draft guys are reporting the same thing. One lying? Okay. But multiple draft guys lying? I doubt it. Brugler, Jeremiah, Davis...ect. I could go on.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett rejoins Grier in Charlotte, although that team icon is awfully small on my phone. Looks like a Panther.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Surprised that Scarlett got selected at all, but good for him. Good luck and hopefully the signing bonus he does receive will keep him from having to use credit cards for a short time.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Jags take a lesser version of Fournette in the 5th when Traeyvon Williams from TAMU is still available. Williams would be a fantastic compliment/3rd down back.

I give up
I think my Packers have had a worst draft. They have picked 3 guys from Texas A&M so far.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Surprised that Scarlett got selected at all, but good for him. Good luck and hopefully the signing bonus he does receive will keep him from having to use credit cards for a short time.

I think Scarlet could be an excellent third running back on the team. Tons of energy and power to spell the starters.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Scarlet could be an excellent third running back on the team. Tons of energy and power to spell the starters.
He could possibly do better considering the Carolina backup position is not solidified. There's usually room on an NFL roster for a running back who's fast and a weight-room junkie.

The CC scandal was a drag on his positioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator