2019 NFL Draft: ZERO Vols drafted AGAIN

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Was Jefferson drafted yet? I guess being a tweener may keep him from being drafted possibly.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He could possibly do better considering the Carolina backup position is not solidified. There's usually room on an NFL roster for a running back who's fast and a weight-room junkie.

The CC scandal was a drag on his positioning.

Yeah but he’ll never start. He’s just not good at securing the ball. And he’s mediocre at pass protection.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but he’ll never start. He’s just not good at securing the ball. And he’s mediocre at pass protection.
Agree. He's more a situational back.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Securing the ball and catching it are problems, but by the end of the year he was blocking well in pass protection. Imo, easily our best RB at blocking
Anybody know how large his hands are ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he may be mediocre at pass blocking, but he improved drastically from where he started.

His receiving hands though.....not so much. Hopefully he can make a living giving the other guys a blow or perhaps get much better in receiving.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. Nauta falls to seventh round.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Joseph is a narrow, underweight linebacker with excellent athleticism and outstanding closing burst but a maddening amount of negative tape. Inconsistency will follow him until he shows that discipline and control matter in his play. How teams weigh the inconsistent tape against the speed and potential could cause for wide variances in his draft grade among teams. Joseph's lack of instincts and field awareness may never leave, but a move to WILL linebacker should help as should his coverage/blitz potential on third downs.

"His tape has no middle ground, it's either really impressive or really ugly. Now go look at his production this year and you realize you can coach some ugly out of his play. He's a '5' right now but we can turn him into a '9.'" - AFC defensive coach

we really need an upgrade at LB coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't recall a weaker Florida draft class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Re Polite: I dont find it surprising at all that the coaches were truthful. The coaches have reputations and are generally honest.

How is he vs the run? uhhhhhhh... he got a lot of sacks.

How is he in film room? uhhhhhh

How is he in the weightroom? uhhhhh

He is way too small for DE in NFL, we will have to play him at LB, how is he is in pass coverage? uhhhhhhh

He is a one trick pony. I know you guys think the only defensive stats that matter are sacks and ints but that isnt at all the truth.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nauta should send a big thank you to Vosean for that selection. It is the only reason he got drafted.
as fast as Vosean is, it is maddening that he was that atrocious in pass coverage. that points to lack of effort and terrible position coaching.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
as fast as Vosean is, it is maddening that he was that atrocious in pass coverage. that points to lack of effort and terrible position coaching.
We've been reading for the last few years about his lack of discipline and instinct. You can't coach up the latter. His future is on special teams at best.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We've been reading for the last few years about his lack of discipline and instinct. You can't coach up the latter. His future is on special teams at best.

I think he’s ST but will be a situational rusher

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he’s ST but will be a situational rusher
That could be, however the problem with a player who is that one-dimensional is you can't disguise what your intent is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we're just now coming to FULL grips with the damage from Jim McElwain. It's bad. It'll take more than a season or two to recover let alone the separate damage from the facilities upgrade lag.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we're just now coming to FULL grips with the damage from Jim McElwain. It's bad.
these kids all have major problems in significant or most parts of their game. It's what happens when you scrape off the bottom of the barrel. poor development with poor talent equals what we had on the field.

It'll take more than a season or two to recover let alone the separate damage from the facilities upgrade lag.
Recovering from McElstain and the facilities is one and the same thing, a cheap ass AD.

Im not really seeing any evidence anything has changed. No, painting the locker room doesn't count in my book.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
these kids all have major problems in significant or most parts of their game. It's what happens when you scrape off the bottom of the barrel. poor development with poor talent equals what we had on the field.

Recovering from McElstain and the facilities is one and the same thing, a cheap ass AD.

Im not really seeing any evidence anything has changed. No, painting the locker room doesn't count in my book.
I'm embarrassed over how long it's taken what was once viewed as America's top athletic department to adust to the changing landscape.

And it took a baseball guy to find what APPEARS so far to be the right football guy.

Jeremy Foley looks terrible in the rear view mirror.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jeremy Foley looks terrible in the rear view mirror.
He isn't in the rear view mirror. He is sitting in the backseat.

Still trying to be a backseat driver.

This wait til they raise all the money and make football last scheme reeks of Fooley's influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.