Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

cs_gator

Nov 12, 2017
I have said this before, but the intangible here is that Butters was actively trying to run a clean program, unlike every other program in the SEC, while Mullen is not. Grier getting popped scared away all the physically freaky recruits forever. Players like Jalon Jones would never come to Florida and risk their careers. All our good players had to go to trainers off campus to help them with the shady stuff and pay out of pocket.

This is why many coaches like Mac succeed in the group of 5 but fall flat in the power conferences. The level of physicality is so high that if you attempt to follow policy to the T, and catch dopers, your team will never succeed no matter how good of a coach you are.

I have complete confidence that we will see a massive turnaround in production in the fall as we're playing dirty again like everyone else.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I have said this before, but the intangible here is that Butters was actively trying to run a clean program, unlike every other program in the SEC, while Mullen is not. Grier getting popped scared away all the physically freaky recruits forever. Players like Jalon Jones would never come to Florida and risk their careers. All our good players had to go to trainers off campus to help them with the shady stuff and pay out of pocket.

This is why many coaches like Mac succeed in the group of 5 but fall flat in the power conferences. The level of physicality is so high that if you attempt to follow policy to the T, and catch dopers, your team will never succeed no matter how good of a coach you are.

I have complete confidence that we will see a massive turnaround in production in the fall as we're playing dirty again like everyone else.
You know this is kind of an interesting take because I remember thinking at the time that almost no one in college football gets busted for PEDs, and how crazy that it was the QB

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I don’t see the humor in our lost decade, and donkey’s incessant laughter through multiple posts is borderline trollish. I know he doesn’t like our situation either, but the juvenile behavior doesn’t help.

cs_gator

Nov 12, 2017
You know this is kind of an interesting take because I remember thinking at the time that almost no one in college football gets busted for PEDs, and how crazy that it was the QB

There is a lot more to that than we know in my opinion. I believe that Mac let that happen on purpose for whatever reason.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

If we’re playing dirty in recruiting, then our staff must be paying kids to stay away. Lol

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
There is a lot more to that than we know in my opinion. I believe that Mac let that happen on purpose for whatever reason.
I still to this day think that was so bizarre and it may have been one of the biggest set backs of the program in the last 10 years. That and maybe Urban’s flip flop?

cs_gator

Nov 12, 2017
If we’re playing dirty in recruiting, then our staff must be paying kids to stay away. Lol

Nobody plays dirty in recruiting directly. The dirty stuff happens entirely out of sight and mind of the program. Players will just get paid cash from random fans aka the bagmen system. Hugh Freeze was just an idiot.

We're playing dirty in the weight room.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
donkey’s incessant laughter through multiple posts is borderline trollish.

tenor.gif

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Is fnl actually over? My memory is that we used to get commitments on Sunday night after fnl. Is this one 2020 commitment al

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Nobody plays dirty in recruiting directly. The dirty stuff happens entirely out of sight and mind of the program. Players will just get paid cash from random fans aka the bagmen system. Hugh Freeze was just an idiot.

Sounds like Savage is the only one on staff worth keeping.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is fnl actually over? My memory is that we used to get commitments on Sunday night after fnl. Is this one 2020 commitment al

I think we have to wait until the weekend is over. I think some kids wait until they leave. Problem is... many are headed to Tally for SNL, where they will probably put recruit us again...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is nonsense. Players had to go to off-campus trainers because the S&C program SUCKED. They weren't even lifting weights! From the players mouths:

One of the most discussed aspects of Florida football since the coaching change was how the Strength and Conditioning Program was run by Mike Kent. What are your feelings?

“It was a joke. I love Mike Kent to death, one of the best people I have ever met. Great guy, but it was a joke. We didn't really lift anymore, we stretched. Under coach Muschamp, we lifted heavy, Olympic style lifts. That's football weight lifting. We didn't lift for max or do heavy power lifting under Mac and Kent. Our program wasn't a serious off-season program. There was no accountability. If you missed a workout, there was no you had to make it up or get up and run the next morning. If you missed a workout, you just missed it. They couldn't enforce anything, or they wouldn't, so they started making some things optional. Once you make it optional, what do you think is going to happen? Guys are going to take the option of not showing up.”

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Of course a few players may mess with the stuff but no way does a coach get connected to that. Are you saying some of the training staff are making it known to some players where to get the deer antler velvet? I think that would be even more removed than training staff in reality.

cs_gator

Nov 12, 2017
This is nonsense. Players had to go to off-campus trainers because the S&C program SUCKED. They weren't even lifting weights! From the players mouths:

One of the most discussed aspects of Florida football since the coaching change was how the Strength and Conditioning Program was run by Mike Kent. What are your feelings?

“It was a joke. I love Mike Kent to death, one of the best people I have ever met. Great guy, but it was a joke. We didn't really lift anymore, we stretched. Under coach Muschamp, we lifted heavy, Olympic style lifts. That's football weight lifting. We didn't lift for max or do heavy power lifting under Mac and Kent. Our program wasn't a serious off-season program. There was no accountability. If you missed a workout, there was no you had to make it up or get up and run the next morning. If you missed a workout, you just missed it. They couldn't enforce anything, or they wouldn't, so they started making some things optional. Once you make it optional, what do you think is going to happen? Guys are going to take the option of not showing up.”

Kent may have sucked but even if you had the best strength coach on Earth, you don't get to the physical condition our guys are in now with just better training. Also, I am familiar with the trainer they went to and he's definitely not just helping them with their form.

Of course a few players may mess with the stuff but no way does a coach get connected to that. Are you saying some of the training staff are making it known to some players where to get the deer antler velvet? I think that would be even more removed than training staff in reality.

According to people in the know, it's along those lines and it's setup in a way where the official staff has plausible deniability.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
At their age, intense liftng, cardio, interval work with nutrition can show serious results in one month let alone 8. Hard work with a plan does pay off. Most will not do the work.

cs_gator

Nov 12, 2017
At their age, intense liftng, cardio, interval work with nutrition can show serious results in one month let alone 8. Hard work with a plan does pay off. Most will not do the work.

That's the easy pill to swallow, but it's just not possible for anyone to make the kind of progress our guys have made without some help. It goes on everywhere. The public's perception of what's possible naturally is heavily skewed by the sports industry and players who lie about it.

This is not some scandal waiting to happen, as everyone does it, and the results will speak for themselves this season and into the future.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I could not possibly care less if every single one of our players was roided up like the Hulk. It's time to start pushing teams around again.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
That's the easy pill to swallow, but it's just not possible for anyone to make the kind of progress our guys have made without some help. It's goes on everywhere. The public's perception of what's possible naturally is heavily skewed by the sports industry and players who lie about it.

This is not some scandal waiting to happen, as everyone does it, and the results will speak for themselves this season and into the future.

If we are using peds like everyone else as you say, then we’ll likely be the first program to get caught for wide spread use. We seem to get caught when we cheat or due wrong.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Well as everyone knows I was at the TOP of the list of the people who did NOT want Cousin Eddie at UF. Be that as it may, I am not here to pile on about the recruiting or lack thereof. I never get excited about a verbal commit just like I am not going to worry about the lack of verbal commits. All that matters is who signs on the dotted line. We have had past verbals that did not materialize and so so classes that turned into great classes on signing day. I have made it clear that I will watch from afar until proven wrong by Cousin Eddie, so I am more concerned about the play on the field more so than the results. And yes, I know that recruiting is important!!
This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator