Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Well damn...not even a minute level of optimism...love it

presenting a logical hypothetical in response to your advocatus di diablo is not pessimism if he turned out to be the only commit.

what could he do without support?

i'm on diwun black watch all day today and hopeful that if the meeting he is rumored to have with UF gives him a green light possibly regarding grades, he'll flip.

i'm righteously pissed about the state of our recruiting at the moment, but things can, and do, change so i'm not throwing in the towel yet. we may get some blue chippers but the class seems to be angling toward underwhelming.

if we do well on the field this season, 2020 class could be much better.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well ce’est la vie sir...we’ll get back there and I appreciate the explanation so many ppl are ready to pull a Nero n was their hands of this program

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Elsewhere:

Tenn: 4-star CB from Charlotte, NC, Tyus Fields commits over offers from UGA, Ohio State, and Clemson. He's the #217th ranked recruit in the country. Also landed 3-star Warren Burrell earlier in the week. The Vols now have 17 commitments in a 2019 class with Composite rankings of No. 12 nationally and No. 5 in the SEC.

Texas A&M: building a great secondary class; 4-star CB Jeffery Carter commits. The 6' 186lb DB is rated No. 11 at his position, No. 16 in the state of Texas and No. 84 nationally. Texas A&M now has 23 commitments in its 2019 class, which is ranked No. 2 both nationally and in the SEC, trailing only Alabama. Carter’s commitment brings the classes blue-chip ratio up over 50 percent. The Aggies have commitments from 11 4-star recruits and one 5-star prospect.

Arkansas: gets 3 commits in one day to move ahead of UF in the rankings; 3-star 6'5 300lb DT Marcus Miller from Arkansas; 3-star DB Myles Brooks from Texas; and 3-star LB Zach Zimos from Texas. Miller’s commitment is No. 14 for the Razorbacks. The Hogs’ 2019 class currently has Composite rankings of No. 10 in the SEC and No. 28 nationally.

Florida: landed zero 2019 commits in the last 3+ weeks and the class remains at 11 commitments and falls in the rankings to #37.

upload_2018-7-29_10-0-4.png

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well the Jones boys are gonna get at least a year if not two prob 2023 if he redshirts

That's why I said 2022 maybe, so Mullen is gonna be forced to change up this staff after this year I think, so he can get some talent around these QB commits. Otherwise Mullen may not see 2022.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Remember when pumpers were laughing at Scott Frost's class at Nebraska a few weeks ago?? "Thank God we didn't end up w/ Frost!!"

upload_2018-7-29_10-1-41.png

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
You ever think that maybe there’s all kinds of guys silent commits like what FSU had a few years ago

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Elsewhere:

Tenn: 4-star CB from Charlotte, NC, Tyus Fields commits over offers from UGA, Ohio State, and Clemson. He's the #217th ranked recruit in the country. Also landed 3-star Warren Burrell earlier in the week. The Vols now have 17 commitments in a 2019 class with Composite rankings of No. 12 nationally and No. 5 in the SEC.

Texas A&M: building a great secondary class; 4-star CB Jeffery Carter commits. The 6' 186lb DB is rated No. 11 at his position, No. 16 in the state of Texas and No. 84 nationally. Texas A&M now has 23 commitments in its 2019 class, which is ranked No. 2 both nationally and in the SEC, trailing only Alabama. Carter’s commitment brings the classes blue-chip ratio up over 50 percent. The Aggies have commitments from 11 4-star recruits and one 5-star prospect.

Arkansas: gets 3 commits in one day to move ahead of UF in the rankings; 3-star 6'5 300lb DT Marcus Miller from Arkansas; 3-star DB Myles Brooks from Texas; and 3-star LB Zach Zimos from Texas. Miller’s commitment is No. 14 for the Razorbacks. The Hogs’ 2019 class currently has Composite rankings of No. 10 in the SEC and No. 28 nationally.

Florida: landed zero 2019 commits in the last 3+ weeks and the class remains at 11 commitments and falls in the rankings to #37.

Thought we were lower than this last week, did we move up without any 2019 commits. I'm assuming someone in front of us had a decommitment.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah when they were the 20th ranked class n ended up 4/5 on signing day

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Well ce’est la vie sir...we’ll get back there and I appreciate the explanation so many ppl are ready to pull a Nero n was their hands of this program

was watching Doug Dickey's teams as a kid. when it comes to the Gators, i've seen the thickest and the thinnest. i'm all in 'til the end.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Remember when pumpers were laughing at Scott Frost's class at Nebraska a few weeks ago?? "Thank God we didn't end up w/ Frost!!"

I remember, he's out recruiting Mullen in a way worse state for collecting talent. Most of us know Frost could've been special here, but Stricklin got his guy instead.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well that is up the road in St Augustine the Blind/Deaf school we could just move our facilities there I guess

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Really makes you wonder what is going on. Are they really this bad at recruiting? How does it compare to his time at MSU? Is there something else factoring in? Is it a perfect storm of factors making all the recruits nervous? Hard to buy that the lack of momentum is purely because they’re terrible recruiters only.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Frost was never coming here with Nebraska open.

Osborne gave him an ultimatum he couldn't really back away from.

But, I could see a scenario unfolding where he spends some time re-building UN and then moves back down here to UF to take us back to the promised land as a latter day SOS. Wishful thinking, but hey, why not?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Osborne gave him an ultimatum he couldn't really back away from.

But, I could see a scenario unfolding where he spends some time re-building UN and then moves back down here to UF to take us back to the promised land as a latter day SOS. Wishful thinking, but hey, why not?

That certainly is some wishful thinking

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Really makes you wonder what is going on. Are they really this bad at recruiting? How does it compare to his time at MSU? Is there something else factoring in? Is it a perfect storm of factors making all the recruits nervous? Hard to buy that the lack of momentum is purely because they’re terrible recruiters only.

Sounds like being at UF is only helping these poor recruiters just a little bit. If he doesn't get a couple of good ones on staff its going to be no different than the last 2 coaches here even if the staff is better at actual coaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator