Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yardbarker

First of all I’d say this isn’t a legitimate news source w all the punctuation and spelling errors and he completely adds an extra game...unless he’s counting a bowl win which he doesn’t even add in

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yardbarker

First of all I’d say this isn’t a legitimate news source w all the punctuation and spelling errors and he completely adds an extra game...unless he’s counting a bowl win which he doesn’t even add in

Only having 2 close losses on the season and beating Fsu, just about any Gator fan would take that right now. This guy is very optimistic.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah it’s def a feel good story for ppl that are optimistic

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2 losses is a good season now?

Hell Jim Donnan was available. He can give you 2 loss seasons and a trip Tampa in December every year. And that guy can recruit at least.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2 losses is a good season now?

Hell Jim Donnan was available. He can give you 2 loss seasons and a trip Tampa in December every year. And that guy can recruit at least.
Going from 4-7 to 10-2 would be a great season...yeah. If over a period of time you are averaging 2 losses a year you have a damn good program if some of those years are 1 or 0 losses

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Well, the Monday morning news is really good. We don't seem to have lost any posters to self induced coma. Calm down folks. Its only July and its only football; we lived for over 50 years without an SEC championship. It won't be that long.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So how is your assertion germane to my post? I did not offer an opinion where the class would be ranked.

"Such a class last year would have been ranked 8th in the country. So UF clearly does not need to do any "shady stuff" to build a good class this year. UF merely needs to have things fall into place."
--------------

That is living in fantasy land as we will not be anywhere near 8th even if Mullen gets going some. We are going to be anywhere from 14th to around 22nd it looks like.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
"Such a class last year would have been ranked 8th in the country. So UF clearly does not need to do any "shady stuff" to build a good class this year. UF merely needs to have things fall into place."
--------------

That is living in fantasy land as we will not be anywhere near 8th even if Mullen gets going some. We are going to be anywhere from 14th to around 22nd it looks like.

Exactly, all I showed was that if you take recruits whose interest in UF is listed as warm or better on 247sports, you can get a very nice class WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING SHADY. So it still remains that your whining negative post has nothing to do with my post. I predicted nothing, I merely pointed out that what possible things falling in place might mean even not picking the best possible player for each open slot.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly, all I showed was that if you take recruits whose interest in UF is listed as warm or better on 247sports, you can get a very nice class WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING SHADY. So it still remains that your whining negative post has nothing to do with my post. I predicted nothing, I merely pointed out that what possible things falling in place might mean even not picking the best possible player for each open slot.

It does have to do with your post as you are smoking some really good stuff if you think there is even a .001% chance this will be a top 10 class.

If you feel otherwise lets do an avatar bet on where the class finishes in the Rivals rankings. Heck that is well after the season until the loser of the bet would have to change their avatar.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You realize those kids are "warm" on a dozen schools and that we will land about 10-20%, right?

You dont think talent matters though so it doesnt matter, amirite?

Bc Cowbell and Kintucky have been rolling up those championship trophies with those three star u.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well I will give us one 5 star since Rivals gave us one in 2016. Its still a complete joke that is the case.

I remember Will Miles stating in one of the podcasts that where you were ranked in recruiting on August 1, was usually about where you finished that year ranked in recruiting. A few spots either way usually he said. Hopefully we're an exception to that rule.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I remember Will Miles stating in one of the podcasts that where you were ranked in recruiting on August 1, was usually about where you finished that year ranked in recruiting. A few spots either way usually he said. Hopefully we're an exception to that rule.

Yep I think someone posted an article here that showed if you were an SEC team in recent years and didn't have a good base of blue chippers by Aug. 1st that you weren't going to have a decent SEC Class that is in the top 10 nationally.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It does have to do with your post as you are smoking some really good stuff if you think there is even a .001% chance this will be a top 10 class.

If you feel otherwise lets do an avatar bet on where the class finishes in the Rivals rankings. Heck that is well after the season until the loser of the bet would have to change their avatar.

Once again you comment is not GERMANE to my any of my posts. I have not made any prediction about this class. I merely pointed UF does not have to do anything shady to have a good class this year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You realize those kids are "warm" on a dozen schools and that we will land about 10-20%, right?

You dont think talent matters though so it doesnt matter, amirite?

Bc Cowbell and Kintucky have been rolling up those championship trophies with those three star u.

Yes I realized that some players are warm on several schools, as I suggested in my disclaimer about probably picking some guys UF has zero chance on.

No you are not right of course. Everyone thinks talent matters. Some of us know unlike others that coaching matters a lot too.

My point on a 10 win season this year is that UF has plenty of talent to win 10 games against this schedule. I am glad to see in this tread that you are coming around to my view that a 10 win season this year would not prove much about this staff. Sadly your response here has me wondering if once again I am engaging one of your sock puppets.

One thing I have consistently said is that no matter how McElwain the staff is the University of Florida will have talent. UF is a desirable place for kids to go. Even though this is a different staff this year, one might think the "chicken littles" from last recruiting cycle would be much more circumspect in their predictions this time around. I guess a little personal accountability is too much to hope for on the internet.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes I realized that some players are warm on several schools, as I suggested in my disclaimer about probably picking some guys UF has zero chance on.

No you are not right of course. Everyone thinks talent matters. Some of us know unlike others that coaching matters a lot too.

My point on a 10 win season this year is that UF has plenty of talent to win 10 games against this schedule. I am glad to see in this tread that you are coming around to my view that a 10 win season this year would not prove much about this staff. Sadly your response here has me wondering if once again I am engaging one of your sock puppets.
Yep coaching will save us. We might get a couple of more wins against the final AP top 25 teams than he did at Miss State where he went 3-34 against teams that ended up in the final AP top 25. What should we expect about 7-30 since the recruiting will be a little better than at MSU?

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
That’s not what he said. He was talking about blue chip ratio. Meaning what percentage of the total class is blue chippers. Otherwise we would ha e finished something like 80th in 2016

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.