Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
That’s not what he said. He was talking about blue chip ratio. Meaning what percentage of the total class is blue chippers. Otherwise we would ha e finished something like 80th in 2016

Listen they are saying again this year the sky is falling. They are not interested in any of us pointing out any facts. They are only interested in telling each other the the sky is falling and telling anyone with even a partially dissenting opinion to STFU.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Listen they are saying again this year the sky is falling. They are not interested in any of us pointing out any facts. They are only interested in telling each other the the sky is falling and telling anyone with even a partially dissenting opinion to STFU.
No we tell you to STFU bc you are an azzhole. (Ironic, I know.)

I personally have said I don't care what our record is this year, I just want an elite recruiting class to indicate we won't be a shyt team forever.

Honestly, I never contemplated a Butterteeth or worse level class.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Our recruiting sucks if you haven't noticed and if enough pressure isn't put on Mullen to make changes after the season it will suck again in the 2020 class and he will likely be fired after 3 or 4 years here and we will be back in the same boat but you can put your head in the sand if you want to. I would be fine with having a substandard season this year knowing the QB situation if recruiting was going good but now we will have a mediocre 8-4 type season and a recruiting class that will bury us even more compared to Georgia etc.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Dan has a lot of catching up to do. Will he? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016

I personally have said I don't care what our record is this year, I just want an elite recruiting class to indicate we won't be a shyt team forever.

The biggest issue is expectations. For 6 million we expect an increase in performance. Combine with the storyline I think most of us believe, that moving from MSU to UF Mullen should improve by a significant percentage. He should not be flat or par with MSU.

Granted if we come out on the field this year and see progress we haven’t seen in ten years a lot of the animosity will dry up very quickly.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest issue is expectations. For 6 million we expect an increase in performance. Combine with the storyline I think most of us believe, that moving from MSU to UF Mullen should improve by a significant percentage. He should not be flat or par with MSU.

Granted if we come out on the field this year and see progress we haven’t seen in ten years a lot of the animosity will dry up very quickly.

We are getting the same Mullen recruiting - just a little better for 6 million a year apparently. That will probably mean about one more win a season than MSU averaged under Mullen with our comparable schedules.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How bizarre going from best transition class to a very real possibility of the worst bump class? Wtf

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How bizarre going from best transition class to a very real possibility of the worst bump class? Wtf

Some people claim recruits like Mullen and staff less the more they are around them and that is why he will have a better first class followed by worst classes at both places.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Recruiting requires coordination and teamwork.....and hard work. Do it or die as a program.....not looking good for Dan's choices as assistants and support staff.

It seems you would have to really try to get results this bad at UF.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
That’s not what he said. He was talking about blue chip ratio. Meaning what percentage of the total class is blue chippers. Otherwise we would ha e finished something like 80th in 2016

So I misheard him, still ain’t boding well for this class.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Some people claim recruits like Mullen and staff less the more they are around them and that is why he will have a better first class followed by worst classes at both places.
I have thought for a while that a good strategy would be for the staff to keep CDM in the background, acting as if he were such a brilliant coach that he only quit his brilliant strategizing to meet with recruits were about ready to sign.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Recruiting requires coordination and teamwork.....and hard work. Do it or die as a program.....not looking good for Dan's choices as assistants and support staff.

It seems you would have to really try to get results this bad at UF.

It’s bizarre that Mac’s seemingly lazy ass approach to recruiting has actually yielded as good or better results than Mullen’s seemingly hard work approach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s bizarre that Mac’s seemingly lazy ass approach to recruiting has actually yielded as good or better results than Mullen’s hard work approach.
Except the reports are that the coaches have been on vacation and were upset they had to come back for FNL.

The "hard work approach" so far is only internet myth. Butterteeth said recruit daily or die or some bs, but he really meant barbeque daily. Talk is cheap.

It doesn't REALLY matter at this point. The question is does he adjust and change his staff (or methods at least) or does he arrogantly go down in flames ala Butterteeth.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Except the reports are that the coaches have been on vacation and were upset they had to come back for FNL.

The "hard work approach" so far is only internet myth. Butterteeth said recruit daily or die or some bs, but he really meant barbeque daily. Talk is cheap.

Well I did go back in my post and insert “seemingly” hard work approach. At this point, it looks like they’re working hard at pushing recruits away. Lol

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said we’d be able to legitimately tell how bad recruiting is within 7 days of FNL. We are basically half way to Friday with no real reason to expect anything good.

A great season would help, but if we don’t get some commits soon, i’m Wondering about a top 25 class

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Yeah chicken little, you consider it being an "azzhole" to point out that prior to signing day 2017 you felt the sky was falling and UF would have zero 300+ lbs defensive tackles in that class? Remind me how did the 2017 class work out? How many 300+ lbs defensive tackles did UF sign?

Then of course to you chicken little it is being an "ass hole" to point out that you knew 2018 was a transition class that you (along with me) were hoping UF would have and would be terrible. You knew that class too would be terrible. How did it work out?

So we "azzholes" will continue to point out that chick little and his sock puppets just know every recruiting season the sky is falling. Some of us like to actually see what happens before we decide whether what happened is promising or terrible.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Players tend not to get in trouble when coaches are doing their job of staying connected and on top of things. Damn airsoft frying pan incident pissed me off in a here we freakin go again kind of way. The effort needed and personality types translates to recruiting.

There is even a meltdown thread on the gas where someone posted recruits won’t come because we suck ....

CDM needs to really pull it all together. He needs it, we need it

Go Gators

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Neither did I. I am absolutely flabbergasted with the recruiting ineptitude.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Players tend not to get in trouble when coaches are doing their job of staying connected and on top of things. Damn airsoft frying pan incident pissed me off in a here we freakin go again kind of way. The effort needed and personality types translates to recruiting.

There is even a meltdown thread on the gas where someone posted recruits won’t come because we suck ....

CDM needs to really pull it all together. He needs it, we need it

Go Gators

Apparently, the insider boards are melting down too. And that's Swamp Gas. I think it's ok to be alarmed going into August with the class we currently have. Someone tell Mullen's assistants not to buy any property. Only rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.