Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
And why? Nobody gives facts to explain this...I don’t know where y’all get your stuff but Bleacher report and here is all I got...I started a Twitter account but I just did that tonight

The prevalent theory here is that Rivals is better than the 247 composite, which includes less reliable sites so their average is skewed. I tend to look at both and read 247’s write ups.

I don’t bother with bleacher report. It strikes me as guys like me playing journalist. I read 247, the Sun and use this site as a clipping service. SEC Country was fun but closed on 6/30.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to the Gator Nation, young man! We need 4* talent, especially at LB.

I forgot his measurables, but he’s big enough to contribute immediately, correct?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to the Gator Nation, young man! We need 4* talent, especially at LB.

I forgot his measurables, but he’s big enough to contribute immediately, correct?
Think he’s around 215-220 range. Should be easy for him to pack on 15lbs by next year

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everything that I’ve read he’s a heavy Bama lean. But we are in desperate need of an elite safety in this class.
Any news on Battle as a result of the Meyer deal?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
None that I have seen. But that would be a coup.

What an absolute train wreck that is and the media is absolutely blistering him right now.

If this keeps up I could see it really impacting their class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Behind the Scenes: Diabate's headed for The Swamp

Simmons • Rivals.com
@ChadSimmons_

Mohamoud Diabate was wanted by Auburn, a school just a few miles from his home.

Alabama has been pushing for the 6-foot-4, 220 pound edge rusher to be part of their 2019 class too.

Neither in-state school won out though. LSU and Texas A&M missed too.

Florida is the winner in the Diabate commitment sweepstakes and the Gators have had the lead for longer than many may think.

zlbjbn8dxpkmcg3gfrfn

RANK

NATIONAL NR
STATE 10
POSITION 15
MOHAMOUD
DIABATE

6'4" | 220 LBS | WDE
AUBURN
AUBURN, AL
CLASS OF 2019

VERBAL COMMIT
8/22/2018
FLORIDA
BEHIND THE SCENES

"Not many knew, but Florida has been on top for me since the first time I visited in March," said Diabate. "Other schools have been trying to catch up with them, but none did. Since I was there in March, in my mind, Florida was in the lead.

"I really felt I could go there when I first visited. It came down to how I feel when I am down there and how their coaches have made me feel wanted. I wanted to go where I was wanted and also needed, so Florida is the perfect fit for that.

"Before I visited Florida, I visited LSU and Florida State. After that, I visited Virginia and by that time, I had already visited Alabama and Auburn, so when I was at Florida, it was just a different feeling. I had not felt that where anywhere else.

"I don't even know how to describe it. I just felt at home. I just felt it was the right place me. I had that feeling and my parents even looked at me on the visit and knew I was feeling differently about Florida. They saw it on my face. I was there for one day and I knew it.

"You could say Auburn and LSU were my next two schools, but there really wasn't a No. 2 or anything like that. I just know Florida is No. 1."
— Diabate
"It really wasn't a hard decision for me. I have kind of known for a while. I really felt it that first visit months ago. I fit perfectly there. Their defensive scheme is now a 3-4 under coach Dan Mullen, so I fit into that and their coaches have made me feel like I fit in with them.

READ THE REST AT: Rivals.com - Behind the Scenes: Diabate's headed for The Swamp

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
ESPN interns arent the "consensus of the industry". We are talking about people below the level of Bowlcut.

If you follow the "consensus of the industry", then you didn't know that Calloway and Malik Davis were elite players.
What? What? Is that really you, Donk?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Behind the Scenes: Diabate's headed for The Swamp

Simmons • Rivals.com
@ChadSimmons_

Mohamoud Diabate was wanted by Auburn, a school just a few miles from his home.

Alabama has been pushing for the 6-foot-4, 220 pound edge rusher to be part of their 2019 class too.

Neither in-state school won out though. LSU and Texas A&M missed too.

Florida is the winner in the Diabate commitment sweepstakes and the Gators have had the lead for longer than many may think.

zlbjbn8dxpkmcg3gfrfn

RANK

NATIONAL NR
STATE 10
POSITION 15
MOHAMOUD
DIABATE

6'4" | 220 LBS | WDE
AUBURN
AUBURN, AL
CLASS OF 2019

VERBAL COMMIT
8/22/2018
FLORIDA
BEHIND THE SCENES

"Not many knew, but Florida has been on top for me since the first time I visited in March," said Diabate. "Other schools have been trying to catch up with them, but none did. Since I was there in March, in my mind, Florida was in the lead.

"I really felt I could go there when I first visited. It came down to how I feel when I am down there and how their coaches have made me feel wanted. I wanted to go where I was wanted and also needed, so Florida is the perfect fit for that.

"Before I visited Florida, I visited LSU and Florida State. After that, I visited Virginia and by that time, I had already visited Alabama and Auburn, so when I was at Florida, it was just a different feeling. I had not felt that where anywhere else.

"I don't even know how to describe it. I just felt at home. I just felt it was the right place me. I had that feeling and my parents even looked at me on the visit and knew I was feeling differently about Florida. They saw it on my face. I was there for one day and I knew it.

"You could say Auburn and LSU were my next two schools, but there really wasn't a No. 2 or anything like that. I just know Florida is No. 1."
— Diabate
"It really wasn't a hard decision for me. I have kind of known for a while. I really felt it that first visit months ago. I fit perfectly there. Their defensive scheme is now a 3-4 under coach Dan Mullen, so I fit into that and their coaches have made me feel like I fit in with them.

READ THE REST AT: Rivals.com - Behind the Scenes: Diabate's headed for The Swamp
Very protoypical OLB for this scheme.

Perfect.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The prevalent theory here is that Rivals is better than the 247 composite, which includes less reliable sites so their average is skewed. I tend to look at both and read 247’s write ups.

I don’t bother with bleacher report. It strikes me as guys like me playing journalist. I read 247, the Sun and use this site as a clipping service. SEC Country was fun but closed on 6/30.
All sites ratings are skewed somewhat and there are politics being played on kids who attend or don't attend certain camps. A better way is to look at their legit offer lists and top 3-5 schools they are actually officially visiting. If those schools are places like Bama, uga, Clemson, fsu, auburn, osu, etc then you know that kid can flat out play...if they are visiting ucf, usf, vandy, fiu, fau, or some other **** school then we are reaching...

leogator

May 5, 2018
All sites ratings are skewed somewhat and there are politics being played on kids who attend or don't attend certain camps. A better way is to look at their legit offer lists and top 3-5 schools they are actually officially visiting. If those schools are places like Bama, uga, Clemson, fsu, auburn, osu, etc then you know that kid can flat out play...if they are visiting ucf, usf, vandy, fiu, fau, or some other **** school then we are reaching...

Not only that but at least the 247 rating as explained by the one of the 247 folks here:

is biased towards the highly rated prospects even beyond their numerical value. They base the top prospects upward and the lower ones downwards:

"Your highest ranked recruits in a class are rewarded more points than those at the bottom. Top gives 100%, next highest just under 100% all the way down the final recruit in the class only giving a very small percentage of the score.

USC has 3 recruits inside the Top 200. UF only has 2. It's the bottom end of USC's class that causes their average grade per commit to be lower with a prospects with an 84 and 83 grades.

Long version....

Each recruit is weighted in the rankings according to a GAUSSIAN DISTRIBUTION FORMULA (a bell curve), where a team's best recruit is worth the most points. You can think of a team's point score as being the sum of ratings of all the team's commits where the best recruit is worth 100% of his rating value, the second best recruit is worth nearly 100% of his rating value, down to the last recruit who is worth a small fraction of his rating value. This formula ensures that all commits contribute at least some value to the team's score without heavily rewarding teams that have several more commitments than others.
Readers familiar with the Gaussian distribution formula will note that we use a varying value for s based on the standard deviation for the total number of commits between schools for the given sport. This STANDARD DEVIATION creates a bell curve with an inflection point near the average number of players recruited per team.
Below is a graphical representation of how our formula works. You can see that the area under the curve gets smaller both as the rating for a commit decreases and as the number of total commits for a school increases. The y-axis in this graph represents the percentage weight of the score that gets applied to an overall team ranking."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator