Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You want 4 QBs on the roster. Now you can get by with just 3 but 4 is the optimal amount. BTW, I think that both Kentucky and Tennessee just lost a backup QB to transfers and if I am not mistaken, both of them have only two left so if they have not secured a QB or 2 they will be hurting. Kentucky has 2 committed this year. Tennessee has just one, Brian Maurer from Ocala.

You are correct the ideal number is 4. You can get by with 3 and may have to if you have a Rex Grossman or Danny Wuerffel win the job as a Frosh and you can not get a guy the next year.

If you do not have an established QB that you think is good enough to be established, then you want 5 for the competition. At least one will end up transferring. So UF now has a young QB who started all year. Is he good enough, established enough that the QB position can be benign neglected to coin a phrase. I don't think so. Maybe Mullen does.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
JUCO SDE Taures Payne de-committed from Kentucky. #4 SDE, #53 overall JUCO player....but has an unimpressive offer list. He was offered last week by UF:

I was reading a Kentucky blog about this kid and it looks like he got washed out due to academics (either he won't qualify in time or get his AA degree, not necessarily bad grades). So I doubt he gets any more looks from UF. Looks like he might be FAU or Jacksonville State bound...

leogator

May 5, 2018

Don't be surprised if Dorlus is in this class. Quick first step, sheds blocks quickly, very stout against the run, strong, relentless effort. Dan really likes him. I think he moves inside and becomes a quick DT like Shuler.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
We are trying to flip Wanya Morris, a 5* Tennessee OL commit. Of course you saw how their 2 2018 5* OL commits fared against our DL.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Don't be surprised if Dorlus is in this class. Quick first step, sheds blocks quickly, very stout against the run, strong, relentless effort. Dan really likes him. I think he moves inside and becomes a quick DT like Shuler.

Agree. Nobody's going to be happy about it though. He's a fine Plan B, but it seems like our SDE board is full of better prospects. We discussed him a few pages back, and I prefer him to a JUCO but I don't expect him to contribute for a few years. Hopefully he turns out better than an Ancrum.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We are trying to flip Wanya Morris, a 5* Tennessee OL commit. Of course you saw how their 2 2018 5* OL commits fared against our DL.

That would be nice. Our OL class is decent, but it's not spectacular. If we sign 6 hopefully two or three can become starters. Getting a 5-star would be nice just to get a 5-star for a change!

leogator

May 5, 2018
Agree. Nobody's going to be happy about it though. He's a fine Plan B, but it seems like our SDE board is full of better prospects. We discussed him a few pages back, and I prefer him to a JUCO but I don't expect him to contribute for a few years. Hopefully he turns out better than an Ancrum.
He's going to be a DT. He's build like a DT. I compared him to Shuler.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's going to be a DT. He's build like a DT.

That's fine. But he's still a low 3-star. I figured we'd wait late into the cycle to make a commitable offer to a kid like him. He may turn into an All-American, but right now he's in the category of Donovan Stiner, Rayshad Jackson, Lacedrick Brunson, Chris McWilliams, Luke Ancrum - aka: a Randy Special. UF should be going after top 300 kids...hell top 500. This kid is barely ranked inside the top 1000 (#943 on 247, not even ranked on Rivals). Anyone happy about this thought Butters recruiting classes were 'great'.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
... but right now he's in the category of Donovan Stiner, Rayshad Jackson, Lacedrick Brunson, Chris McWilliams, Luke Ancrum - aka: a Randy Special. UF should be going after top 300 kids...hell top 500. This kid is barely ranked inside the top 1000 (#943 on 247, not even ranked on Rivals). Anyone happy about this thought Butters recruiting classes were 'great'.

To you, but maybe not the guy making $6,000,000 a year. This is not the NFL draft where if you reach in the first round no first round talent will be available in later rounds where you probably could have gotten your reach. You have a number of slots and filling one does not preclude taking anyone with another slot though there are roster balance issues. If Mullen thinks this kid is better than you do because all you have is recruiting websites and limited knowledge based on some tape, then Mullen can treat him like a top 10 kid if Mullen wants.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any word on Dent? If he showing any interest?

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
We actually visited him couple of days ago but as of right now it is between FSU and Bama.
For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would want to play at FSU right now. The coaching is horrendous...unless they are the type of kid that gravitates towards thugery and wants to dance around to rap music at practice.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
That's fine. But he's still a low 3-star. I figured we'd wait late into the cycle to make a commitable offer to a kid like him. He may turn into an All-American, but right now he's in the category of Donovan Stiner, Rayshad Jackson, Lacedrick Brunson, Chris McWilliams, Luke Ancrum - aka: a Randy Special. UF should be going after top 300 kids...hell top 500. This kid is barely ranked inside the top 1000 (#943 on 247, not even ranked on Rivals). Anyone happy about this thought Butters recruiting classes were 'great'.
BMF you're the best when comes to recruiting, but you have to know that it is late in the cycle. That's why it so worrisome he is pursuing a kid like this.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I really don't care if he's a low 3*. I would not care if he was a high 5*. All I know is what I see. He was all County in a very competitive Broward County division. His team is in the playoffs against Columbus. If you have a chance watch the game.

Cece Jefferson was a 5*. Has he played like a 5*? No. Who in their mind would rate a 6'1" 270 SDE a 5*? At least overrate him based on measurable.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I really don't care if he's a low 3*. I would not care if he was a high 5*. All I know is what I see. He was all County in a very competitive Broward County division. His team is in the playoffs against Columbus. If you have a chance watch the game.

Leo, with all due respect, you sound just like the rest of the Butter apologists. You can polish this turd anyway you want, UF should not be recruiting the 940th ranked player in the country at DL. If he was a kicker or punter, sure let's go get him. And again, he may end up being an All-SEC player but chances are he'll end up being another Ancrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator