Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
247 has Hevesy as our highest ranking recruiter, now granted that's before this latest round of commits.
And they had Nord before that. It just shows how clueless 247 is.

Saying we landed x number of TEs or X number of OL often has nothing to do with a particular POSITION coach, who usually isnt even that kids primary recruiter (which is usually a geographic thing).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sam Howell did an interview with the Charlotte Observer this morning. He told them that Walt Bell leaving will have a “major impact” on whether he signs with FSU. A few more 247 guys have him going elsewhere too.

He's probably headed to UNC.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Who were those top OL targets we missed on?

20 olinemen were taken in the top 100 of the nfl draft last year. 11 of those were either 3 stars or unrated prospects in high school.

The year before only two olinemen were taken first round, one of which was an unranked player in high school. A total of 15 were taken in the top 150, guess how many were 3 stars or unranked? If you guessed 12 you’d be correct. 12 out of 15 were 3 stars or unranked, 5 were unranked in the 2017 draft.

And you bring up Ivey, want to bet if he got re ranked he wouldnt be top 100?

My theory is fact. You try to rely on heavy confrontation in the hopes nobody fact checks you. You can argue all you want fact is you can check the last 10 drafts and you will see Oline is the one position group that heavily out drafts it’s high school rankings.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
247 has Hevesy as our highest ranking recruiter, now granted that's before this latest round of commits.
He's 26th in the sec with 5 commits. 50th in the conference on * avg with coaches with at least 3 commits. That's terrible. Hes only ahead of Gonzales and Ron "my friends call me Nord" English. He's doing what he's good at. Landing marginally good players and tries to coach them up.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
You star gazers will probably cream your pants now that Kimbrough is a 4* on Rivals. Same player, mind you. Is he a better player now than before?

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

20 olinemen were taken in the top 100 of the nfl draft last year. 11 of those were either 3 stars or unrated prospects in high school.

The year before only two olinemen were taken first round, one of which was an unranked player in high school. A total of 15 were taken in the top 150, guess how many were 3 stars or unranked? If you guessed 12 you’d be correct. 12 out of 15 were 3 stars or unranked, 5 were unranked in the 2017 draft.

My theory is fact. You try to rely on heavy confrontation in the hopes nobody fact checks you. You can argue all you want fact is you can check the last 10 drafts and you will see Oline is the one position group that heavily out drafts it’s high school rankings.
This is almost definitive. Any one continuing this debate had better come with strong evidence.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
You star gazers will probably cream your pants now that Kimbrough is a 4* on Rivals. Same player, mind you. Is he a better player now than before?
Its call evaluation. You're the type of person that says that stars don't matter and then uses the NFL draft as proof. Look at who's in the playoffs and winning and then compare their * makeup.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This is almost definitive. Any one continuing this debate had better come with strong evidence.
Twenty offensive linemen were drafted within the top 100 picks in April. Two of the six offensive linemen drafted in the first round were centers (though neither played center in high school). Seven of the first 10 offensive linemen taken in the NFL Draft are interior guys. Thirteen of the 20 top 100 picks were ranked inside the national top 500 per 247Sports. Nine were four-star prospects. Four were unranked completely. There were nine prospects ranked in the top 100 between the 2013 and 2015 class, who were available in the draft but went unselected. Five of those nine transferred at some point during their college career while each of the 20 drafted prospects finished with the school he signed with.

This is no surprise and it is consistent with the first takeaway. Offensive linemen that land in the NFL are athletes, not just wide bodies, and there are a lot of ways to sniff out an athlete beyond the film. Does an offensive lineman play defensive line too? Twelve of the prospects that ended up taken within the first 100 picks played significant snaps on defense (I could only verify that two of the nine undrafted played defense). We have high school testing numbers on six of the first 100 selections. The average 40 time was 5.24, shuttle was 4.77 and vertical was 27.1. The average numbers for the three undrafted prospects that we have data on were 5.7, 5.13 and 23.6, respectively. There’s also the multisport background that gives valuable insight. Quenton Nelson practiced taekwondo. Mike McGlinchey was a four-sport athlete that played lacrosse. Nevada second-round pick Austin Corbett was a four-sport athlete that wrestled, played basketball and threw shot and discus at a high level. Joseph Noteboom played ice hockey while Chukwuma Okorafor had a heavy soccer background. At least four of the 20 drafted prospects converted from tight end in either high school or college. Six of the 20 threw shot put better than 54 feet. Only one of the nine undrafted had a shot put mark of better than 50 feet.
Redirect Notice

The reason why you see so many 3* OL drafted is because there are so many. Just like the overall draft picks favor 3*s but the stats show a better chance of being drafted 4/5* >3*. How many 4/5* OL at UF have been drafted in 1-3 compared to 3*s.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2020 recruit coming up this weekend to help recruit. Could be the time that Summerall and Zip finally commit. Not sure what'll happen with Lucas, but I keep hearing that he's solid to FSU

leogator

May 5, 2018
Its call evaluation. You're the type of person that says that stars don't matter and then uses the NFL draft as proof. Look at who's in the playoffs and winning and then compare their * makeup.
Show me a recruiting site staff that watches every minute of every game like Saban and staff do instead of basing their evaluation on camps and 7on7 and I will switch, OK?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Show me a recruiting site staff that watches every minute of every game like Saban and staff do instead of basing their evaluation on camps and 7on7 and I will switch, OK?
Its called statistics. If you're a 4/5* you have a better chance of being drafted than a 2-3*. It's that simple. Do recruiting sites miss? Yes. But a lot of times they're dead on.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
OX:

Can we have a Thread that has a running total of recruits and possible recruits?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
God you are such a twat. It’s unfathomable really.

We were never in it with Neal. Never had interest in us. Lucas has a family relationship with FSUs oline coach dating back decades, and yet we aren’t completely out of it, although he has people pushing him there. Wouldn’t really call that a miss but ok. Putnam as well has never had real interest in Florida. Some really big misses with kids who don’t like Florida huh

We will sign 4 4 Star offensive linemen with no real misses so I’m still missing your logic why we suck at Oline recruiting thing.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I’m not sure how what he said was confrontational.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.