Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Higdon says no chance...he does not like UF

Battle apparently has Miami as his #2 and that's where he'd likely flip. But w/ what's been happening over the last week, who knows? Gant, from Lakeland Kathleen, is another Safety (committed to FSU) and Nick Cross (FSU) from Maryland - that we could target (and did target, but missed on). I just don't get why one of these top Safties wouldn't want to come play.

Here's a few others that have no interest:

Josh Sanguinetti (Ft. Lauderdale) - CB to Miami, a top 300 player
Ray Woodie (Tallahassee) - CB to FSU (which would give them 3 Safties), a top 300 player
Cortez Andrews (Tallahassee) - CB to Alabama, low 4-star (330 or so) - but Alabama is about full

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
For every 3 star tj, harrkless, etc, there’s a 4 Star tj, harkless, etc. 5 Star oline are guys with the physical tools to start immediately, body is in good shape, don’t need to lose or add weight, etc. every single other one needs to be developed whether they are 105th or 700th. This is where the Every recruiting scout will tell you the same thing. We have 3 4 stars committed with a possible 4th incoming. Can’t even fathom someone being so negative to think oline recruiting this year is bad. Ethan white is the only reach. Like I said a few times, a few kids this cycle are refusing to give us a second look after the last staff. The 2020 and 2021 classes are the defining moments for this group

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I’ve put together multiple mock classes and as long as we don’t whiff on everybody we will end up 9-11th based on the last 5 year average

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I’ve put together multiple mock classes and as long as we don’t whiff on everybody we will end up 9-11th based on the last 5 year average

What's your guess on the last 6 to 8 (depending on if we go up to 25 and if we drop one or two from the current commits)?

My guess:

Elam & Steele (at CB)
Zipperer (TE)
Summerall (WDE)
Dorlus (SDE/DT)

These I'm not sure:

Hunter or Fuller (SDE)
Higgins or Anthony-Richards or Jones or another WR (possibly)

I think that puts us around 12th overall on both Rivals and 247.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
What's your guess on the last 6 to 8 (depending on if we go up to 25 and if we drop one or two from the current commits)?

My guess:

Elam & Steele (at CB)
Zipperer (TE)
Summerall (WDE)
Dorlus (SDE/DT)

These I'm not sure:

Hunter or Fuller (SDE)
Higgins or Anthony-Richards or Jones or another WR (possibly)

I think that puts us around 12th overall on both Rivals and 247.
Elam
Steele
Hunter
Summerall
Zipperer
One of Bogle or Handy
Hammond
And one of MAR, Henderson, or Higgins. There’s a possibility of someone being processed too

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
USCjr has zero percent chance to land Steele. Kid wants to play for DBU, strong relationships with Florida coaches, Mrs Mullen, and even some of Florida’s fans believe it or not. Kid will be a gator (unless he’s pressured by family to stay home)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why don't you guys like our chances with fuller? Does it look like he sticks?

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
I do not think we pull another safety this year... 2020 will have a strong safety class from the look of it. Plus we have a young safety group. Hopefully we get solid improvement over the off season

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Durty is happy, Mullens is doing fine. Durty and Donkey are two folks that will only be happy if we get the best of the best. Not some flaky 5* from Cali.
this is a bit of an exaggeration. I love 4*s and am excited every time we grab one, obviously 5s are better but a roster full of mid to high 4s is gonna win us a heck of a lot of games and be a fun team to pull for. What I dont like is what weve had the last 9 years and for a while there it was looking as if it may be more of the same, slightly improved, but not enough to make a significant difference. Things have been drastically improving the last few weeks and I'm stoked about it.

I want the best for our gators. The best coaches, the best recruits, the best playcalling, you name it. If that makes me a hater, then I'm proud to be one :)

PS - I dont know what the flaky cali 5* comment refers to, but if hes a football player and has 5 stars next to his name, sign him up, and have him bring a friend or 2 :grin:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This class is still mediocre. We will see how it ends. The lack of any safety prospects is baffling.

I will say it does seem like Mac pissed off a lot of kids in this class. Some kids won’t even take a second look at us. 2020 and 2021 seem to be off to hot starts with Mullen and crew building those relationships from scratch.

I hear there are a lot of U & FSWho commitments considering UF...we will see.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
247 has Hevesy as our highest ranking recruiter, now granted that's before this latest round of commits.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Sam Howell did an interview with the Charlotte Observer this morning. He told them that Walt Bell leaving will have a “major impact” on whether he signs with FSU. A few more 247 guys have him going elsewhere too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kid is making his decision Dec. 19th...I wonder if this is his last OV. Sure would be nice to be the last GREAT memory he has before commiting somewhere
REALLY ambivalent toward this kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.