Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Here is the thing about GA. They got so tired of not winning everyone in the state outside of the 10 tech fans have thrown their hat into the we will do whatever it takes to win once they hired Kirby. It goes all the way from the mom and pop store to the state legislature. If Kirby told them to pass a law tomorrow that would guarantee them a title they would do it regardless of the cost. It's a total buy in from everyone and no other major school to threaten them in the state. It could end in disaster one day, but not a single person cares as long as they finally win.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
God, how tainted is our brand that a kid like this from a gator family won’t bother with us and goes to UGA. Elam might too. Total ****.

No more of a damaged brand than most of the teams kicking our a$$. Do we have institutional problems, i.e. facilities and housing: Yes. Do we have some brand tarnish: Of course.

But this is about recruiters. Our biggest deficiency is we don't have them from the top down. Opposing teams could send Dan's dancing at Feliepe video clip as their closing remarks.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, I'm sure the pictures that surface of year after year of Bama kids in brand new cars are all a coincidence. And now the long time DC there has recruits posting the same stuff which is also just a conincidence.

Ummmm.....we hired two head coaches that worked for Saban, plus several assistants (Collins, Nussmeir, Rumph)....and UGA has our #2 as their AD. But yeah, I get it. It's easier to say "they're cheating".

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Ummmm.....we hired two head coaches that worked for Saban, plus several assistants (Collins, Nussmeir, Rumph)....and UGA has our #2 as their AD. But yeah, I get it. It's easier to say "they're cheating".

I'd love it if you actually addressed what I posted. Do you seriously think that it is a coincidence?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How do you think Meyer land Harvin, Floyd Easley etc? It wasn't with donuts

Harvin was landed in part due to Tebow, the perfect fit in our scheme and the momentum we had, especially in contrast with the noles(his original favorite) who were sliding. We were in the discussion with Floyd for a year plus, the favorite in many people's eyes. And Easley had been all over the place committing and decommitting,but had at least visited before getting swept up in the moment of the UA game. He actually committed to Oregon coaches the night before. That's not the same as what's happening here.

I'm not accusing uga of cheating per se. But these signings seem a lot more like OM's classes a few years back, where things didn't make any sense.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are currently ranked 11th in the SEC for this year’s recruiting class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd love it if you actually addressed what I posted. Do you seriously think that it is a coincidence?

I think it's sour grapes from fans who can't understand why their favorite team can't keep up.

With Saban; he's been there 11 years, this is his 12th recruiting class. If they were cheating, in this day and age of social media and the internet he'd have gotten caught. He's kicked out (i.e. "processed") so many kids from his program that AT LEAST one of them would have come out and said, "That motherf*cker is cheating! I got paid! Everybody's gettin' paid!" This is his 12th recruiting cycle and crickets. And we've heard this about other programs. AT LEAST one of these kids would have gotten sour grapes and opened their mouths....or one of their parents (or the step-dad, like what happened at Ole Miss).

What I think is simple: UGA and Alabama know how to recruit, they hire coaches who know how to recruit, they have a staff of 50+ recruiters (from volunteer students/interns, to recent grads, to former head college football coaches), I think they have top notch facilities, locker rooms, and dorm rooms, I think they pay a higher COA than we do, I think what they are selling is better than what we are selling.

Good enough?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are currently ranked 11th in the SEC for this year’s recruiting class.

Everyone keeps complaining about UGA, but I'm more concerned with why Arkansas, both Mississippi schools, UT, and South Carolina are ranked ahead of us. That's disturbing. Plus, it's shaping up that this class may end up being worse than Mullen's transition class which is inexcusable. How the crap do you do a better job of recruiting in two months than a full year?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. How the crap do you do a better job of recruiting in two months than a full year?
Mullinz did the same thing at Cowbell.

It wasnt really a "better job" last year, it was just ok for a transition class, and it was mostly ESD signings before we fired JuJuan.

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Everyone keeps complaining about UGA, but I'm more concerned with why Arkansas, both Mississippi schools, UT, and South Carolina are ranked ahead of us. That's disturbing. Plus, it's shaping up that this class may end up being worse than Mullen's transition class which is inexcusable. How the crap do you do a better job of recruiting in two months than a full year?

If he is serious about success he’ll have to let some friends go from the staff. Not convinced he has the stones to do it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That is inexcusable. Changes need to be made as swiftly as they were post 2018 ESD or Dan will end up like his two predecessors.

Yep. I like Mullen, and think he could be great here. But he had some black eyes in his opening season, and now a potentially very underwhelming first full class, where we're currently at the bottom of the conference he's been tasked with winning. If he doesn't make some serious changes, he's going to fail. It's that simple. Hopefully he's not that stubborn.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Stampini puts pick in for Georgia for sanders. Whatever little hope is now gone. Unbelievable awful day for Mullen. Changes must be made if you’re going to allow Georgia with only one months worth of work and one visit to steal a kid you’ve worked on for a year

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Stampini puts pick in for Georgia for sanders. Whatever little hope is now gone. Unbelievable awful day for Mullen. Changes must be made if you’re going to allow Georgia with only one months worth of work and one visit to steal a kid you’ve worked on for a year

We are getting **** on left and right by these kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.