Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What the CFP championship game and Clemson's success overall brought forth to me is:
1. You need a stud at QB
2. A solid, stout OL
3. Playmakers on both offense and defense. You need a DL that will pressure the QB.
4. You need to be multiple on defense and confuse the opposing QB

"What are, "4 Things the Gators Haven't Had for a Decade" , Alex."

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think you are forgetting 9 five star players and a top 5 roster.

Yeah ... I dont think stud QBs are that studley when they are running for their lives a lot. Tua is a stud QB. So is Jalen. You want to know what that game showed just like all other games? The DL and OL are multipliers and dividers of talent. Its very rare that a team has a QB that can just carry a team. It is quite common that a quality OL will make 3* skill position talent look like 4* against a good DL and 5* skill position talent against a bad DL. When the DL out plays the OL, those 4* and 5* skill position talent on O tend to look like 2-3* talent.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah ... I dont think stud QBs are that studley when they are running for their lives a lot. Tua is a stud QB. So is Jalen. You want to know what that game showed just like all other games? The DL and OL are multipliers and dividers of talent. Its very rare that a team has a QB that can just carry a team. It is quite common that a quality OL will make 3* skill position talent look like 4* against a good DL and 5* skill position talent against a bad DL. When the DL out plays the OL, those 4* and 5* skill position talent on O tend to look like 2-3* talent.

The primary difference between last year Clemson and this year is the QB. You think Kelley Bryant would have achieved the same result yesterday?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The primary difference between last year Clemson and this year is the QB. You think Kelley Bryant would have achieved the same result yesterday?

How can you even make that statement? The primary difference between last year and this year is a whole friggin year. There is no primary difference ... everything is different.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
How can you even make that statement? The primary difference between last year and this year is a whole friggin year. There is no primary difference ... everything is different.

Dabo didn't just get rid of his starter senior QB and put a Freshman instead because he was confident OL will make his 3 star senior QB "look like 4* against a good DL and 5* skill position talent against a bad DL".

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Clearly we are short on DTs and safeties. But we are working our way up to good numbers in the trenches starting with oline: 8 4 star offensive linemen on the team. And 2 just below being ranked 4 stars in Banks and Simonds. I’m also a huge fan of Eguakuns film. Think he’ll be a mauller for us. M

eyer signed 11 4 star or higher OLINE players in 6 years, while Mullen has signed 5 in basically 1 1/2 classes. Meyer never signed more than 3 4 Star oline in one class either.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Dabo didn't just get rid of his starter senior QB and put a Freshman instead because he was confident OL will make his 3 star senior QB "look like 4* against a good DL and 5* skill position talent against a bad DL".

What are you talking about and why does any of that matter? Nobody said their tranny was a 3*. He probably put that 5* qb in because he is a freaking 5* qb. Geesh. Not going to go back and forth with you on this subject on the recruiting thread.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
What are you talking about and why does any of that matter? Nobody said their tranny was a 3*. He probably put that 5* qb in because he is a freaking 5* qb. Geesh. Not going to go back and forth with you on this subject on the recruiting thread.

It just sounds like you are underplaying how crazy their QB played yesterday. Yes their OL played great, but Lawrence made many throws milliseconds before getting hit in the face accurately. He was pressured. He wasn't just sitting back there taking all the time in the world. I think keep the entire Clemson team, but replace Lawrence with Bryant and they would have lost yesterday, or the score would have been much closer.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
What the CFP championship game and Clemson's success overall brought forth to me is:
1. You need a stud at QB
2. A solid, stout OL
3. Playmakers on both offense and defense. You need a DL that will pressure the QB.
so then, not all that much, got it.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Bama doesn’t have many subs on DL and it really showed. Remember the days when we would sub all 4 linemen in a rotation? Big uglies make the world go round

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1. You need a stud at QB
2. A solid, stout OL
This is groundbreaking information.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It just sounds like you are underplaying how crazy their QB played yesterday. Yes their OL played great, but Lawrence made many throws milliseconds before getting hit in the face accurately. He was pressured. He wasn't just sitting back there taking all the time in the world. I think keep the entire Clemson team, but replace Lawrence with Bryant and they would have lost yesterday, or the score would have been much closer.

No ... that is not at all what I was doing. Dude had plenty of time so lets not act he was under duress the whole game like Tua because he stood in and made a couple throws under pressure. Who the heck knows what would have happen with Kelly instead of Lawrence but that is really just a waste of time to even think about since last game was 365 days or so ago from last night's game. Everything is different. That was my point.

Here is one huge change ... Locksley was promoted to OC in Feb 2018.

Maybe we shouldn't spam this thread with bama vs clemson stuff since there are 2 other threads for that.

Last edited:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
No ... that is not at all what I was doing. Dude had plenty of time so lets not act he was under duress the whole game like Tua because he stood in and made a couple throws under pressure. Who the heck knows what would have happen with Kelly instead of Lawrence but that is really just a waste of time to even think about since last game was 365 days or so ago from last night's game. Everything is different. That was my point.

Here is one huge change ... Locksley was promoted to OC in Feb 2018.

Maybe we shouldn't spam this thread with bama vs clemson stuff since there are 2 other threads for that.

I for one know what would have happened if Dabo would have stuck with Bryant, they would have gotten their asses beat just like last year.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
What I am trying to get across is that you don't need all 5*s like Alabama. A few 5*s will do.
It's not just a few that's needed. Clemson recruited 15 5* players the last 4 years. That's an average of almost 4 a class. Their also recruiting 5* skill players which helps out a lot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, all the recruits are listed in the new section individually. I encourage you to take some posts in there and talk about these guys. There's an easy link on the slider on the left to get to the page.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Okay, all the recruits are listed in the new section individually. I encourage you to take some posts in there and talk about these guys. There's an easy link on the slider on the left to get to the page.

So continue to discuss 2019 recruitment on this thread in general to forecast whats happening and once a player commits a thread is created over there for specifics on him?

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
I for one know what would have happened if Dabo would have stuck with Bryant, they would have gotten their asses beat just like last year.

Exactly, Lawrence is vastly superior to Bryant, and it's not even close. Lawrence made so many clutch plays last night, that most other college QBs could not have made. What's scary is that a true freshman was able to do that against the "almighty Saban defense." Baring injury, I don't see how Clemson doesn't make the playoff every year that he is there.

You can use whatever recruiting service/metric you want to, but on paper Alabama has a superior roster to Clemson. There are a whole bunch of factors that went into Clemson's win, but Lawrence outplaying Tua was one of the biggest factors. Tua's pick six set the tone for the entire game, and gave Clemson's defense confidence that it could slow down Alabama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator