Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UF will find room for him and Reese too, if he is a grad transfer. Don't worry about that. I have UF at 87 right now. So 4 need to leave to take two more transfers and I am very confident that will happen.

Didn't realize we were that high now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You mean this cryptic tweet?

What family to feed? When I was 18, I had only myself to feed, like everyone else I knew. These tards today have about 7 kids each, which they start siring at about the age of 12. Try wrapping up, assmunch.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
2019:

Are you guys happy now? GoGators.

Hahaha, most will never be happy!

You’d find a reason to bythch about a #1 class.

2017 Article: The SEC’s biggest winners and losers on National Signing Day

The SEC's biggest winners and losers on National Signing Day

Winners
Florida: No SEC team had a bigger signing day than the Florida Gators. Jim McElwain woke up with the No. 19 recruiting class, and he ended the afternoon with the nation’s No. 10 class. Even the most optimistic Florida fans likely didn’t see this coming. [actually #9 on Rivals]

This board on signing day 2017 (deja vu?):

Rumors of our demise were bigly exaggerated? This was a huge day, just tremendous. We got all the best recruits, people, believe me.

Youre bragging about this class?

We avoided dumpster fire status, little more. It sure beats 37th but its still an unacceptable class at UF.

McElbutters needs to find some offense. If not, he'll be gone. But.... not sure how we can't be happy with how things have turned today. It's a much better result than many of us figured...

TOP 10 baby!! Mac OWNS and DESTROYS NSD 2017!!

Does anybody here think that Donkey and Rex would be happier if we had a dumpster fire of a recruiting class just so they could say "I told you so?"

How much louder do I have to say Im pretty happy w the DL recruiting?

they always have to put something negative in at the end.

Pleasant surprise and some off season excitement now. Like I said, we appear to be a kick returner and QB with some vision/moxy away from being quite formidable. Congrats Coach.

This is a mehhh class, below average by UF standards. I don't think we ever finished 5th in the SEC prior to Butters except in years we fired a coach. Sadly this is his best class. It would be the worst class for the last four coaches.

Pretty much what we already knew. Mac's best class is every other UF coaches' worst class.

Completely agree, Mac's best is the worst we have have in many years.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about Mac wrapping this class up. He made a big signing day splash and has the Gators being mentioned on ESPN all day and night. I know we didn't get "elite" guys but out of Macs first 2 classes he has really developed some guys who helped us win the East.

This is a solid class. By no means elite. However you don't just jump up and get an elite class. Even Meyer did not do that. You have to have a class like this prior to making that jump.

To me, it starts with on field production. We don't **** the bed again this year and finish almost dead last in total offense, we get one or two high end recruits and we finish this thing 7th or 8th. These kids have been told we don't have offense for 7 years and we have done nothing to prove it wrong.

I think this was a 9-3 recruiting class for a 9-3 coach. Good not great and enough to where Strickland will definitely give him a 4th year now. That said, 8-4 is very likely how we'll finish this year

Mac did a good job on this class. As many said he did what he is supposed to do at UF (top 10 class). Anything below Top 10 is unacceptable. So this class is acceptable and he has been trending in the right direction.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
So what was up with Copeland saying something about a possible transfer?
I gotta believe Dan & Co. are monitoring the players' tweets and will address this with him in the most beneficial way for the team. Hope that means Cope stays.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
2019:

2017 Article: The SEC’s biggest winners and losers on National Signing Day

The SEC's biggest winners and losers on National Signing Day

Winners
Florida: No SEC team had a bigger signing day than the Florida Gators. Jim McElwain woke up with the No. 19 recruiting class, and he ended the afternoon with the nation’s No. 10 class. Even the most optimistic Florida fans likely didn’t see this coming. [actually #9 on Rivals]

(deja vu?):

I trust Mullen's top 10 class to be better than Mac's top 10 class. If nothing else they get developed an extra year.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

Gator nation showed out on twitter today, as coach Mullens tweets had 70,000 unique interactions, more than any other coach. 44,000 more than Taggart

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
For those trying to compare Mac's 2017 class to Mullen's 2019 class; the 2017 class had 11 blue chips and 11 3 stars, whereas this class has 17 blue chips, and 8 3 stars. These two classes are not comparable in their quality.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
For those trying to compare Mac's 2017 class to Mullen's 2019 class; the 2017 class had 11 blue chips and 11 3 stars, whereas this class has 17 blue chips, and 8 3 stars.

It wasn’t meant as a class vs class comparison. Just an interesting look back on the same conversations occurring 2 years later. The nearly identical class ranking is definitely interesting.

That class actually still has some potential to it. Mostly because Mac is gone. As noted by many in 2017 though, the big deficiency was elite talent, ie blue chip players.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
not to mention butters took a couple high rated Ftards that nobody wanted late in the day to preserve the ranking

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're at #8 according to Rivals, at #9 on the scout composite and at ESPN. This NOT a mediocre class by any reasonable definition
It wouldnt be a mediocre class for Kintucky or Memphis but that isnt the standard here. And average class for UF is #7 over the past 20 years or so. That is why it is mediocre.

There are some decent signs that we may well be signing a great class soon though.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Mehhhhh class, but just like the season we appear to be finishing strong and there is hope for an elite class next year.

Lack of NT/DT/SDE for the second year will be a big problem for us. We will be forced to play true freshmen down the road.

Also, we werent stealing low 3 stars from FIU or South Houston.

It was a huge late recovery. Probably the bigfest recovery Ive ever seen given where we were in early December.
41934cbc729df6d4a3f13253962b8d74--disney-cartoons-donkey.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator