Recruiting 2019 recruiting still Butterslike, #17 class

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm doing the wait and see approach regarding this class before I gripe and complain; however, if either Arkansas, Miss St, Ole Miss, South Carolina or Tenn finish ahead of us in the rankings, then people absolutely should be livid about that. Currently all 5 of these teams have better rankings, which is unfathomable, but that doesn't matter if things improve drastically as we all hope they will.
Only if they have balanced classes and meet their needs. If they do, then the magic 8 ball indicates things will be bad in 2-3 years. But, hey, Mullen might be a diamond in the rough finder. Look at the OL and QB to finish up the season.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The best salesman in the world could not sale the same product to a woman that just killed her husband.

Look. The last time we were any good, these kids were 7 or 8 years old. One good year may sway some of the better kids, but not the best. To say Mullen can't recruit based on the current class, which is still to be determined, is asinine.

You are a top intern at a flagship company, about to hire on . But this other company who has been doing horrible for 10 years, but had one good year, comes a calling... Who do you choose?
If you get a stock option, go with the upstart.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Currently:

Bama - 21 blue chippers with seven 5.9 recruits, one 6.0 recruit and two 5 star recruits
GA - 17 blue chippers with six 5.9 recruits, three 6.0 recruits and two 5 star recruits
A&M - 16 blue chippers with six 5.9 recruits and two 5 star recruits
LSU - 11 blue chippers with five 5.9 recruits, one 6.0 recruit and three 5 star recruits
Aub - 10 blue chippers with two 5.9 recruits, one 6.0 recruit and two 5 star recruits
Ark - 12 blue chippers with three 5.9 recruits
Tenn - 10 blue chippers with two 5.9 recruits

FL - 9 blue chippers with two 5.9 recruits

-----------------------

I fully expect us to pass Arkansas and Tenn but that is concerning especially looking at the top 4 teams there.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
It’s hard to let go of the massive hole he put our once dominant football program in. I guess your one of the few Fooley supporters left.
Oh hold the f on, I am not a fooly supporter in any way, sure, he did some good things and certainly some bad, but the fact is, he is gone. Done. Over. Dead to Florida. It's time to move the f on. Let's live in the hear and now. He is the dead horse y'all are still kicking, beating planning your next attack. How many years is it gonna take before you stop with that shyt

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Currently:

Bama - 21 blue chippers with seven 5.9 recruits, one 6.0 recruit and two 5 star recruits
GA - 17 blue chippers with six 5.9 recruits, three 6.0 recruits and two 5 star recruits
A&M - 16 blue chippers with six 5.9 recruits and two 5 star recruits
LSU - 11 blue chippers with five 5.9 recruits, one 6.0 recruit and three 5 star recruits
Aub - 10 blue chippers with two 5.9 recruits, one 6.0 recruit and two 5 star recruits
Ark - 12 blue chippers with three 5.9 recruits
Tenn - 10 blue chippers with two 5.9 recruits

FL - 9 blue chippers with two 5.9 recruits

-----------------------

I fully expect us to pass Arkansas and Tenn but that is concerning especially looking at the top 4 teams there.

Bama gonna bama as long as Saban is running the machine.
I don't know what "4th and dumb" is selling. Maybe proximity to urban Hot-lanta. But we should take his ass.
Jimbo Fisher has a history of great recruiting. You'd think it would've fallen off without Candi to help.
LSU is a real oddity.
We'll surpass the others.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
But Vandy is not a Top 10 school.

It's not just playing time...its development and exposure also.

I get it, super stars play anywhere BUT until we can attract another Harvin, Tebow, or Emit, ...we need a lot of VERY GOOD players.

And one day, BAMA and OSU won't be getting first shot at Talent.
Emit?
giphy.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bama gonna bama as long as Saban is running the machine.
I don't know what "4th and dumb" is selling. Maybe proximity to urban Hot-lanta. But we should take his ass.
Jimbo Fisher has a history of great recruiting. You'd think it would've fallen off without Candi to help.
LSU is a real oddity.
We'll surpass the others.

Just considering we are the only SEC team in FL and looking at the recruits coming out of these other southern states and Saban being at Bama of course there is no excuse imo for ever being behind any teams in SEC recruiting any year except Bama, Georgia and LSU. Georgia and LSU can beat you occasionally I guess just by locking down most of the in-state talent but we should never be out of the top 4 in the SEC.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Just considering we are the only SEC team in FL and looking at the recruits coming out of these other southern states and Saban being at Bama of course there is no excuse imo for ever being behind any teams in SEC recruiting any year except Bama, Georgia and LSU. Georgia and LSU can beat you occasionally I guess just by locking down most of the in-state talent but we should never be out of the top 4 in the SEC.
Nah. We should always be at the top. We need a couple of top notch recruiters and to finish the damn AllInOne.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The best salesman in the world could not sale the same product to a woman that just killed her husband.

Look. The last time we were any good, these kids were 7 or 8 years old. One good year may sway some of the better kids, but not the best. To say Mullen can't recruit based on the current class, which is still to be determined, is asinine.

You are a top intern at a flagship company, about to hire on . But this other company who has been doing horrible for 10 years, but had one good year, comes a calling... Who do you choose?

Not true. There has been other teams recently in worse ruts than us where the coaches brought in highly ranked 2nd classes.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
He went to Oregon??? Really? Over UF and Bama? Wow

Everything I saw and read was Oregon the entire process, he blew us off 3-4 times, finally came to gville with his brother, no other family. Nobody, NOBODY thought we'd get this guy. He's sounds good but he'd probably just blend into our scheme. He'll be a bigger deal playing for the ducks

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
If roster holes or the way the kids chose schools, Vandy would lead the way every year.
A kid I've known his whole life is a 3* OL who committed to Vandy, he took his official visit last week in fact. He had offers from Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse and others. He was even heavily recruited by A&M but he felt like Vandy was the best fit. He's good enough that NFL is a possibility but smart enough to know he needs to hedge his bets so he went with Vandy because the engineering program there was the most impressive to him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not true. There has been other teams recently in worse ruts than us where the coaches brought in highly ranked 2nd classes.
We dont like reality around here.

The reason Mullinz cant recruit is McElstain.

The reason The Stai couldnt recruit was Chimp.

The reason Chimp couldnt recruit any position but DB and Rush was Daz and Creyer and broken program.

And yet..... secret commits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator