Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the tweet:

"That's home team" is slang. It means Gray knows people there that he gets along with - so it is a good move. It isn't exactly clear who the second part is for, but it appears to be also directed at Coach Gray. In any event he ends that statement with a spear. Maybe if he hadn't I could see reading it as him not wanting people to bother him about it.
That looks like a shish kabob to me. Maybe he was just hungry. :dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but we did not offer him at all. I know he was suspended half of the season for shoving a ref. Are there any other red flags?
I dont know dude. Just glanced at a few pages. Dont usually waste time unless they are committed or at least visiting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FSU is good enough for these other kids but Deion wants his son not to go there? Or do you think he was begging his son to go and his son realized how pathetic that clown show is?

His son should be playing in G5 or 1AA. His only real offers were to Colorado State, UT-Chattanooga, and La Tech. He had feelers from Tenn, USC, and FSU. It's a mediocre pick-up for Muschamp. But, he does have some of the best bloodlines in CB history (as much as I can't stand his dad). He'd be one of the lowest ranked kids in our class:

Shilo Sanders, 2019 Cornerback - Rivals

Shilo Sanders, Trinity Christian School, Cornerback

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Diwan Black made his basketball debut last night w/ Osceola HS. He came off the bench to score 18 points and grab 15 rebounds.

we just don't have room especially for a one-and-done guy that's mediocre.

Exactly....and we don't need him. We have enough big bodies, just need to hope Slaton and Conliffe improve. Plus we landed the other grad transfer.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
we just don't have room especially for a one-and-done guy that's mediocre.

There is going to be a whole new dynamic to recruiting with the transfer portal being as active as it is now. Coaches have to be careful that they properly evaluate these guys who are often coming from different conferences and different styles of play, and then make sure that they aren't wasting a spot that might push out a HS Sr that may not be at that level yet, but would give you 3-4 years and could be much better. I guess it's not a new scenario per se, but it's a much bigger part of the equation now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is going to be a whole new dynamic to recruiting with the transfer portal being as active as it is now. Coaches have to be careful that they properly evaluate these guys who are often coming from different conferences and different styles of play, and then make sure that they aren't wasting a spot that might push out a HS Sr that may not be at that level yet, but would give you 3-4 years and could be much better. I guess it's not a new scenario per se, but it's a much bigger part of the equation now.
Plus we are just in a different place. We aren't sitting at 70 to mid 70s in scholarships like we have for a decade, when it made sense to take flyer on a fourth string LB from Gatech or whatever.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Plus we are just in a different place. We aren't sitting at 70 to mid 70s in scholarships like we have for a decade, when it made sense to take flyer on a fourth string LB from Gatech or whatever.

We ain't at the summit, but at least we are on the damn mountain now rather than in a sealed tunnel under it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think D line is where they lost the most after this past season. I was looking at their roster and even though they are in disarray they may have enough talent to be decent the first part of the season.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
So were their numbers skewed by something or was their pass D that good? this coming up season that’s where I’m worried about...I’d hate to have to rely on the run with such a young and inexperienced oline

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 shifts their rankings for the about the 10th time in the last month:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's a free article w/ an update from 247, it's a little different than the numbers I posted above (I opened the top 250 list and posted what I saw in there):

Florida commits & targets move in final Top247

Florida commits & targets move in final Top247

Roswell (Ga.) four-star linebacker Tyron Hopper moved up from No. 92 to No. 84 overall, while Auburn (Ala.) edge rusher Mohamoud Diabate climbed from No. 136 to No. 127 in the nation. Finally, Lakeland (Fla.) Keon Zipperer also moved from No. 141 to No. 133 overall.

Three Florida commits/signees also shuffled back a few spots. Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola linebacker Diwun Black went from No. 31 to No. 45 overall. Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco cornerback Chris Steele also slipped from No. 55 to No. 68 in the nation. After suffering a torn ACL as a senior, Madison (Ala.) Bob Jones cornerback Jaydon Hill fell from No. 128 to No. 187 overall.

A few uncommitted targets of the Florida Gators also saw their rankings adjust. Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) Benjamin School cornerback moved from No. 69 to No. 74 in the nation. Louisville (Miss.) defensive lineman Charles Moore climbed from No. 87 to No. 79 in the final ranking, while Wellington (Fla.) athlete Mark-Antony Richards moved up from No. 100 to No. 83 overall.

Florida is trying to flip a few committed prospects in the 2019 class as well. Those prospects also saw rankings moves. Auburn wide receiver commit Georgia Pickens moved up from No. 58 to No. 41, Alabama edge rusher commit Khris Bogle moved up from No. 60 to No. 49, Mississippi State defensive tackle commit Nathan Pickering fell from No. 27 to No. 64, and Alabama defensive line commit Byron Young climbed from No. 90 to No. 76 overall.

Florida signee Deyavie Hammond, a Lakeland (Fla.) offensive lineman, moved from No. 219 to outside the Top247.

You can find the entire Top247 HERE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.