Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Some of it is 247 making the composite rankings the default unless that is a choice the first time you visit their site and I picked composite as my defalut long ago forgot. At some point you wonder why they have their own rankings, if they make the composite the default option. In fact I was looking around last night to see where they had UF in their team rankings, not the composite team rankings, and I could not find out how to get to that.
Their own rankings are pretty bad to be honest. They heavily favor Bama and Georgia kids. Just a fact. Composite and rivals are the only lists that matter

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think D line is where they lost the most after this past season. I was looking at their roster and even though they are in disarray they may have enough talent to be decent the first part of the season.
He won't even know the playbook by game 1. Remember how bad Shuler was the first few games?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Their own rankings are pretty bad to be honest. They heavily favor Bama and Georgia kids. Just a fact. Composite and rivals are the only lists that matter
And composite is only good because it has rivals in it.

ESPN sucks worse than 247's own ranking.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
and legit offer lists...i trust a guy being courted by the all of the big boys far more than any ranking. Like a Langham last year wasn't highly ranked but when Saban is doing everything he can to land them i think he might be able to play a little better than his ranking would suggest.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
and legit offer lists...i trust a guy being courted by the all of the big boys far more than any ranking. Like a Langham last year wasn't highly ranked but when Saban is doing everything he can to land them i think he might be able to play a little better than his ranking would suggest.

I do agree that offer sheets are a good sign the kid is good or not. However, often those "offers" are not commitable offers - Plan B's "just in case" type of offers. Brandon Dorlus was a good example of that, he had a great offer sheet for a 800th ranked player - which is a mid/low 3-star. The Butters Specials had a lot of FAU, FIU, Troy, type offers.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I do agree that offer sheets are a good sign the kid is good or not. However, often those "offers" are not commitable offers - Plan B's "just in case" type of offers. Brandon Dorlus was a good example of that, he had a great offer sheet for a 800th ranked player - which is a mid/low 3-star. The Butters Specials had a lot of FAU, FIU, Troy, type offers.
True...but when i mean legit offer sheet i mean are they taking OV's to these schools? As i'm sure you know there are committable offers and offers so you can at least legit recruit them and keep them on the back burner. You aren't getting a OV unless it's legit

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
True...but when i mean legit offer sheet i mean are they taking OV's to these schools? As i'm sure you know there are committable offers and offers so you can at least legit recruit them and keep them on the back burner. You aren't getting a OV unless it's legit

Right, I agree actual visits matter though sometimes kids pretend to have visits that then never take place. A visit list of UF, FSU, Miami, UGa and UL or some other partial qualifier destination is one that signals it is serious and legit to me and makes me think the player has potential.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kids have never gotten excited about 400 yards a year. That's why we started having trouble recruiting a decade ago.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of CB's for Ira Henry to the Barn. He was a huge FSU, if you looked at his twitter page. Would be great if they struck out on him too.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Lots of CB's for Ira Henry to the Barn. He was a huge FSU, if you looked at his twitter page. Would be great if they struck out on him too.

When we first got on to the kid I almost wondered if that wasn't part of the game plan. If they miss on him they've got nothing but Butters specials left to choose from at a position that is easily the worst spot on their team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What’s going on with Gators DL Coach search?

"If Florida pulls an assistant from college or the pros that is still under contract, not only will there likely be an issue with a buyout"

Ok.... SID spreading the excuse that they need to save money. Hard to recruit kids with no position coach. It has cost us before.

Funny that some schools who want to win just sign who they want when they want. But at least we are saving money!!!!

As best as I can tell, Mullinz and Stricklin didn't do this at their last stop. This is a classic Fooley move. Care to try to tell me he isn't still fvkking up our ADO?

Edit: Im moving this to coaching thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator